Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Several problems with Sol

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Several problems with Sol

What is VERY annoying is that you cant cancel her ult anyway, rightclick just removes the ground target, 4 does nothing.
    This can be especially annoying when you REALLY need to cast your escape to get away from athena especially, died so many times to this.

Secondly, when her blast implodes towards the center, if the god is moving fast enough he goes right thru it without taking ANY damage from the implosion...

Lastly, she is SOO underplayed! Im no dev, but you can clearly see that people just dont like her at ALL, so something IS wrong. Not that shes underpowered, im rocking 60% win% right now...but you really get KS'd with her...

Member Follower SkullomaniaXXIV's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    In my opinion she feels weak to me. Her ult isn't as impact full like the others.
    Hades main and worshiper (in SMITE).

When you see The Skull Addict, you better have a counter god waiting for me.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EndR20 View Post
    What is VERY annoying is that you cant cancel her ult anyway, rightclick just removes the ground target, 4 does nothing.
    This can be especially annoying when you REALLY need to cast your escape to get away from athena especially, died so many times to this.
    this isn't problem, a problem is a fact, that her ult is bad in general. its hard af to land all hits to the same target, due to that knockup, that literaly saves targets from its damage. not just that, being hard to land, it also gives no reward for it, you have to land 8 hits with knockup, that pushes target away from it, but even if you will(which is almost never happens), total damage is Scylla's ult damage, while her ult is single hit... also her ult is ridiculously predictable, because of a thing, that pulses hits one after another, but those orange circles appears after you place it, which you do before first hit lands, it makes enemy able to see whole path of her ult before it starts.

Sol ult is literaly "try hard to get nothing" ability.

Secondly, when her blast implodes towards the center, if the god is moving fast enough he goes right thru it without taking ANY damage from the implosion...
    it sounds more like some bug...

Lastly, she is SOO underplayed! Im no dev, but you can clearly see that people just dont like her at ALL, so something IS wrong. Not that shes underpowered, im rocking 60% win% right now...but you really get KS'd with her...
    she is underplayed because of her boring playstyle. she was made to deal damage with mix of abilities and aa. but after that Hi-Rez nerfed her aa to pointless level, while she has only 1 effective offencive ability, which could be ok, if her aa would deal damage it was made for. but after passive nerf all she have is her 2, because her aa doesn't do the shit right now, so she throws her 2 again and again and again... ppl who doen't play her don't like her because of the same and her 3.

and now there is a guy, who mentioned a thing, that i said a lot time ago, she has no killing potential. you can deal damage with her, you can do a lot damage with her, but its hard to kill enemy with her. most times i just deal like 70-80% of enemy god's hp and then i can't finish them or have to waste a lot of time for it and some teammate do last hit and gets my kill to himself. and its not because of my low skill or something, its because i use all my damage to take enemy god's hp down, but aa, that should serve finishing purpose, doesn't do the shit...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 12-19-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post

and now there is a guy, who mentioned a thing, that i said a lot time ago, she has no killing potential. you can deal damage with her, you can do a lot damage with her, but its hard to kill enemy with her. most times i just deal like 70-80% of enemy god's hp and then i can't finish them or have to waste a lot of time for it and some teammate do last hit and gets my kill to himself. and its not because of my low skill or something, its because i use all my damage to take enemy god's hp down, but aa, that should serve finishing purpose, doesn't do the shit...
    Her damage is fine most times im top damage when i play her and she can finish targets just fine from 100-0 aswell that is if you build her full magical power with Poly instead of attack speed Sol
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Her damage is fine most times im top damage when i play her and she can finish targets just fine from 100-0 aswell that is if you build her full magical power with Poly instead of attack speed Sol
    and same point again, do you ever can say something else?

full power with poly... dude, she should be able to finish her target without poly. if any god in this game must have items like poly to kill someone, this allready means something wrong here, don't you think? i mean, poly deals up to 1/3 of squishies hp late game with some builds(even more with full power+pen builds)... if you need it to kill someone, then your own damage is realy bad. any mage can build poly and be ok with or without it, but Sol need it to be able to kill enemy gods, isn't it sounds bullshit? i think it is.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 12-19-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Sol need it to be able to kill enemy gods, isn't it sounds bullshit? i think it is.
    She doesn't need Poly to be able to kill.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dhailz17's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    neith, sol are my top/favorite gods and i completely disagree with everything said here, her ult is ez pz, and she's a beastly mage, will never stop loving this god
    28 Rank X's Leader Of GoldStarGaming

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    and same point again, do you ever can say something else?
    Do you ever say something else besides "Sol is weak" ?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    She doesn't need Poly to be able to kill.
    This aswell but i just like to build Poly on her its probably my second favorite item on Mages
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 12-19-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Great, BakaCircle managed to come before me and already wreak havoc.

Anyway OP, about the ult. There is something called "recovery time" where a god is practically Disarmed and Silenced for a very short time after casting an ultimate. Sol's ult has this where you're stuck recovering during the first few hits of Supernova. Also have you ever thought about hitting an Athena with it so she is affected by the Knockup long enough for you to be able to cast Disapparate?

I suspect that's a problem with Stellar Burst itself. The ability's hitbox actually expands and retracts twice, so if a god is fast enough to escape it before it retracts then they don't get hit the second time.

There is nothing wrong with a mage who has 320 + 70% on a 10s CD and a 30% power steroid. Sol is one of the few mages you actually have to learn how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullomaniaXXIV View Post
    In my opinion she feels weak to me. Her ult isn't as impact full like the others.
    f you just throw Supernova out in a line as opposed to aiming it in a cluster, then that's why she feels weak. It deals a maximum of 360/480/600/720/840 + 120% within 1.92s, which isn't weak in the slightest. Combine this with Stellar Burst's 320 + 70% and Heat's bonus +30% power and Sol is far from lacking.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    i got poly, its hard AF to land cuz the shot is tiny, but after you hit it, your AA can be blocked by the stupidest of minions