Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered

Aranyani, Goddess of the Forest

ARANYANI
    Goddess of the Forest

Pantheon: Hindu
    Class: Guardian

LORE

Forests are the primary source of life and fertilisation. It is Aranyani who tends to these forests, creating a model for civilisation and peaceful society. Human evolution is measured in terms of man’s capacity to merge with Aranyani’s rhythms both intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. Such knowledge that comes from participation in the life of the forest is the substance of Aranyani’s existence, and it is this that she has now come to the battlefield to protect.

OVERVIEW

My inspiration came from Freya & Ao Kuang in that they are mages with melee basic attacks. I’ve flipped it, and made Aranyani a guardian with ranged basic attacks (EDIT: Sylvanus. Oh well, she'll be the 2nd ranged guardian). To compensate for this advantage, she is not as tanky as most guardians and has one primary damaging ability only (and of course her ultimate). I have tried to make her a very versatile guardian - she could be built tanky or full damage/CDR. You could focus on a healing/support build. Even an attack speed build could work. I hope you like it

APPEARANCE

See picture above, but more of a green colour scheme not a blue one like in the picture. Being a guardian she would be relatively large, maybe similar in size to Terra. Her basic attacks would look similar to Sol's, but more graceful, and they would be light green and brown in colour. She can both walk and fly (not fly like Jing Wei but hover like most mages) and can toggle freely between walking and flying with her 3rd ability.

BASE STATS

Health: 445 (+85)
    Mana: 230 (+35)
    Speed: 370
    Physical Protection: 17 (+3)
    Magical Protection: 30 (+0.9)
    HP5: 7 (+0.5)
    MP5: 5 (+0.5)

BASIC ATTACKS

Range: 55
    Damage: 35 (+1.5) (+20% magical power)
    Progression: None

ABILITIES

Passive – Nature’s Gift

All allies within 30 units of Aranyani receive 15% increased healing from all sources.

Ability 1 – Tangled Vines

Aranyani conjures forth a line of vines that sprout from the ground, dealing damage and rooting and crippling all enemies in the area for the duration. Enemies who walk into the vines after they are cast are damaged for a lesser amount and slowed.

Initial Damage: 90 / 150 / 210 / 270 / 330 (+80% of magical power)
    Duration: 1.3 / 1.6 / 1.9 / 2.2 / 2.5 seconds

Secondary Damage: 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+40% of magical power)
    Slow: 30% for 2 seconds

Mana Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90
    Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds

Ability 2 – Life Pulse

Aranyani begins to channel her energy into the ground, consuming mana every second. After 5 seconds or when the ability is activated again, a pulse is sent underground, travelling across the map and healing all allied Gods based on the number of seconds the pulse was channelled for. Moving, attacking, or taking damage will interupt the cast and cancel the ability entirely.

Healing: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (+6% of magical power) per second channelled

Mana Cost: 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 per second
    Cooldown: 20 seconds

Ability 3 – Forest Faerie

Aranyani switches between walking and flying stances. While walking she has increased HP5 & MP5. While flying she has increased movement and attack speed.

HP5: + 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
    MP5: + 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25

Movement Speed: + 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 %
    Attack Speed: + 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 %

Mana Cost: 0
    Cooldown: 2 seconds

Ability 4 – Stampede

Aranyani calls to the forest wildlife and commands a stampede to charge forward in the area in front of her. All enemies hit by the animals take damage and are knocked back.

Damage: 200 / 290 / 380 / 470 / 560 (+100% of magical power)
    Radius: 40

Mana Cost: 100 / 100 / 110 / 110 / 110
    Cooldown: 85 seconds
    Last edited by heyBRANNY; 01-06-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Bump

/10c

New Member Cupidhead SpawnofTyphon's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Thanks again for commenting on my Typhon suggestion.

First off, that's an intensely unique passive for smite. We only have that option on rod of Rod of Asclepius from what I remember. So I like this choice.

I thought her one seemed a bit overpowered at first glance, but after I reread it and checked her other abilities, I think it's fine as her main source of both damage and cc.

Her two is also quite unique and I think you balanced her heal scaling pretty well. One thing people might want to know is how long it takes for her pulse to travel from her to the outer reaches of the map. That could make the difference in team fights if she's far away.

Her three seems like the weak point in her kit because she doesn't have anything that works with basic attacks or on-hit effects. You might want to add a little flavor to this so people could have more fun and investment with hitting her basics. Like how Hades has blight to augment his moves.

Her four has some interesting versatility. It could be used like a peel-oriented version of Ah Puch's ult to save your allies from a team fight that just went sour. Or you could be a sneaky tank and get behind enemies to push them all towards your awaiting team. (As an extra note, her ult's mana cost is more expensive early game than some guardians. Lowering it could balance her out a little more fairly.)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpawnofTyphon View Post
    Thanks again for commenting on my Typhon suggestion.

First off, that's an intensely unique passive for smite. We only have that option on rod of Rod of Asclepius from what I remember. So I like this choice.

I thought her one seemed a bit overpowered at first glance, but after I reread it and checked her other abilities, I think it's fine as her main source of both damage and cc.

Her two is also quite unique and I think you balanced her heal scaling pretty well. One thing people might want to know is how long it takes for her pulse to travel from her to the outer reaches of the map. That could make the difference in team fights if she's far away.

Her three seems like the weak point in her kit because she doesn't have anything that works with basic attacks or on-hit effects. You might want to add a little flavor to this so people could have more fun and investment with hitting her basics. Like how Hades has blight to augment his moves.

Her four has some interesting versatility. It could be used like a peel-oriented version of Ah Puch's ult to save your allies from a team fight that just went sour. Or you could be a sneaky tank and get behind enemies to push them all towards your awaiting team. (As an extra note, her ult's mana cost is more expensive early game than some guardians. Lowering it could balance her out a little more fairly.)
    Appreciate the feedback so thank you

I'm glad to hear you say the 2 seems balanced. I think I changed the numbers about 5 times before I was happy with it. The pulse on this would travel pretty fast so there would not be much of a delay at all, maybe 1 second max if you're on the other side of the map. I might look at the 3 and make a few changes as well noting your comments.

Cheers
    My Diamonds: Ah Puch, Chang'e, Neith, Nox, Thoth