Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nerthus, Maiden of the Holy Waters

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I just came across this because of the concept challenge and ive fallen in love. Her visuals are epic
    Overall it sounds complex as others hav stated, which i really love. Her damage sounds like it would be hard to get off, but when she would it would be very rewarding. We need more mages like that in the game, especially tanky mages like zhong an hades.

I just thought though, she has alot of cc and hard cc, heals, protections and good mobility, and an invulnerablulty. Im not sure if she would bring too much to the table... perhaps like someone else suggested make her still able to hit when submerged, or remove the heal??

Junior Member Cupidhead Electrada's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    OMG yes we need her in the game
    Have fun and don't get exorcised

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Concept Reworked slightly (◕▿◕✿) !

So I've always been proud of this concept, but at the same time I've been very sceptical of certain things here and there. So I've decided to completely revisit it and come up with solutions to a lot of the doubts I had.

With her passive I decided to change it from a mystical mail-type ability to something new but with the same theme. It now makes complete sense with her lore as she managed to acquire servants who would die for her, so now minions would do the same. I also decided to tone down the health shield a bit, so now it won't make her too tanky. I just thought overall this would be a cool and interesting feature to see added to smite.

With the stance change I decided to firstly change the protections in her lake stance to an increase in healing. I thought that with a health shield and a heal, giving her protections was just way too much. I also decided to add the augmented basic attack. This made sense with her lore, with the whole concept of becoming attuned by nature. It also gives her a form of burst damage, something which within her previous kit was just too unreliable to realistically be good. The idea is that now, if she manages to keep someone within her 2, she can get the root and confirm an otherwise difficult to hit poly-proc basic attack, obtaining that good burst damage. But she can still have another form of damage outside of her 2, it isn't going to be just her waiting around for the same ability to come up. She can potentially have a decent damaging ability every 5 seconds. To compromise for this, though, I gave the stance change a cost in mana, but still nothing too high to ensure that it won't burden her too much.

The 2 is kind of where I changed things up the most. Before I gave her 2 separate abilities, one being a damaging aoe that followed her, and the other being a ground target heal, both with separate cooldowns. Now I've sort of combined the 2 abilities into 1. I've obviously taken away the team healing, so now her lake stance only heals Nerthus. But she damages with this ability regardless of the stance. The ability just now seems like it has that fluidity that you would expect from a stance-dancer. Plus it gives Nerthus a lot of potential to play around with how she wants to use the ability. If she wants to try and get maximum damage from this ability, she could go in with the lake stance, get off 3 ticks of damage and then switch to the swamp stance to try and combo the enemy in place before confirming her augmented basic attack on the rooted enemy. This could be very greedy in a lot of situations though, as that's around 7 seconds of having to stick to an enemy (almost double of what she would need to confirm this combo if she just stayed in the swamp stance). Or if she wants to just slow enemies a little in a team fight before switching and healing up to stay alive because she's in the midst of things, now she can.

Also I reduced the slows in her kit because I realised that with gem of isolation, it would definitely be too potent.

The 3 I took away the individual effects correlating to the stances. Before she could either leave a slowing, damaging trail or go stealthed. I feel that her kit was already complicated enough without these seemingly unnecessary, bloating elements. I also took away the movement speed increase she obtains while traversing, so now it is a significantly less-effective escape.

The ultimate I left pretty much the same, just tweaked a few things here and there, just to make it seem more fluid.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Nice! i had to come back and see this concept becaus i still really want to see her added she looks so cool
    I like what you've done woith her, especially with the passive. I dont know why smite doesnt already have a minion conversion-type ability.
    she seems like an actual warrior/mage unlike zhong or hades which i really like