Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran

Nerthus, Maiden of the Holy Waters

Maiden of the Holy Waters

PANTHEON: Norse

CLASS: Mage

TYPE: Ranged, Magical

LORE
    Patron to nature and Goddess of the earth and waters, Nerthus would travel across the lands in a carriage pulled by oxen, presenting towns and villages with food, produce, and blessings of fertility. She was honoured with mass praise, and was beloved by the towns she ventured to and from. It was even said that just to be in her presence was a blessing.

Nerthus would however grow tired of living amongst the mortal, and once her travels would finally come to a close, Nerthus would journey to her lake hidden amongst the mountains, with waters possessing divine elements of sanctity. She would not travel alone, however; during her travels Nerthus would acquire servants from the towns she ventured to. Slaves who found themselves completely devoted to the travelling maiden, and would do whatever she wished, even if it cost them their lives.

At the bog, where the water and the earth would meet, Nerthus would become enriched by the power of the two combined elements, and thus would be bathed here. Not by herself, however, but by her subjects. It would have been a deadly honour to see the face of Nerthus, goddess of the sacred and the holy. And so, because during this act of bathing Nerthus would expose her entire appearance, all would be drowned. However, these slaves went willingly to their deaths, after entering her embrace they happily drowned themselves in the sacred waters of Nerthus’ holy lake. After being bathed Nerthus would continue on with her travels, acquiring more subjects to fall victim to her deadly embrace.

PASSIVE
    Holy Presence
    On a cooldown, Nerthus will automatically convert a single enemy minion within her radius to fight for her. For every converted minion, she gains a stack which grants her a percentage of her overall health as a shield.

Shield Stack: +2.5% of overall health
    Max Shield Health: +10% of overall health
    Aura Radius: 25 units
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Upon converting a minion, it will function as though Nerthus has just killed that minion, and so all gold and experience will go to Nerthus and any nearby allies. If Nerthus is stacking Book of Thoth or Warlock's Sash, she will gain that stack. Enemies will not receive any gold, experience or stacks for killing a converted minion.

The cooldown works out as Nerthus converting an enemy minion every other minion wave when laning.

The converted minion will completely act and prioritise the same targets as a normal minion.

Converted minions will glow and be marked for both Nerthus and enemies to see. It will also make a distinct noise the moment a minion is afflicted to make it clear.

ABILITY 1
    Bathing Embrace
    Nerthus changes stances. When Nerthus remains in a stance she gradually attunes to that biome, and after a duration her next basic attack gains an ability damage buff that pierces through all minions.
    Swamp Stance: Nerthus embraces the powers of the earth; all of her abilities drench enemies in a slowing, thick mud the moment they make contact.
    Lake Stance: Nerthus embraces the powers of the holy waters of her lake; gaining increased healing from all sources.

Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (+35% of magical power)
    Slow: 10%
    Slow Duration: 2 seconds
    Increased Healing: +2/4/6/8/10%
    Ability Type: Buff
    Cooldown: 1 second
    Cost: 30 mana
    It takes 4 seconds for Nerthus to attune to a biome. This will be indicated by a passive meter.

The Swamp and Lake stance effects will instantly apply upon switching stances; Nerthus does not have to attune in order for these passive effects to apply.

All item effects will apply to her attuned basic attack.

The slow debuff will visually appear as brown mud covering the enemy’s feet and up half of their legs/dress.

Visually the 2 stances will be visually distinguishable based on the 2 biomes; Swamp would have a greenish/brown colour scheme, and Nerthus will appear dishevelled with tears in her outfit and messy hair collecting leaves and twigs. The Lake stance would have a white/pale blue colour scheme and be very clean and polished.

ABILITY 2
    Bog / Lake of Grace
    Nerthus alters the earth in a radius around her to fit her domain. Enemies caught in its area are damaged every second. Nerthus can alter the terrain surrounding her by switching stances during this ability's activation, refreshing the ability's duration. This can only happen once, however.
    Swamp Stance: Enemies are crippled and have a stacking slow applied to them for every additional second they stay within the radius. If an enemy remains within the bog's radius for its full duration they are rooted in place by the thick mud.
    Lake Stance: Nerthus heals herself every second and shares whatever health shield he has from her passive with allies in the lake's radius.

Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+15% of magical power) every 1s
    Slow: +10% every second
    Root Duration: 1.2 seconds
    Heal: 15/20/25/30/35 (+5% of magical power) every 1s
    Duration: 4 seconds
    Ability Type: Area
    Radius: 25
    Cooldown: 13 seconds
    Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
    Both 'Bog' and 'Lake of Grace' will share a cooldown.

While channelling this ability, Nerthus will be completely centred in the aoe (imagine Sobek Ult / Osiris Tethers)

This ability will only go on cooldown after Nerthus has finished channelling it for however long, including if she refreshes the 4 second channel of this ability by switching stances. Nerthus can only switch stances once during the channel of this ability.

Nerthus cannot basic attack while channelling this ability, however can cancel it early.

Without switching, the ability will overall do 80/120/160/200/240 damage (+60% of magical power) - which is 4 ticks of damage. While the ability can do a maximum of 140/210/280/350/420 damage (+105% of magical power) - which is 7 ticks of damage.

Lake of Grace can overall heal Nerthus for 60/80/100/120/140 (+20% of magical power)

Because of her passive, enemies will be automatically slowed by 10% the moment they step foot in 'Bog'. The slowing sequence will work out as 0 seconds = 10%, 1 second = 20%, 2 seconds = 30%, 3 seconds = 40%, 4 seconds = Root.

For 'Bog', visually the ability will begin as murky water, and with every tick, it will get thicker and gradually rise up out of the ground. Going from swamp water, to completely mud. It will emit a green glow.

For 'Lake of Grace', visually the lake will be rippling, clear water that will emit a pale blue glow.

ABILITY 3
    Submerge
    Nerthus sinks down through the ground, where she will traverse slowly underwater for a short duration, before then ascending back up to the ground at a target location in front of her.
    Duration: 4 seconds
    Ability Type: Leap
    Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15 seconds
    Cost: 70 mana
    Using this ability during the activation of either 'Bog' or 'Lake of Grace' will temporarily pause them until she re-emerges.

This ability will have a slight build-up time akin to Izanami’s 'Fade Away' ability.

While traversing, Nerthus will move 30% slower and will also have a slower turn rate.

Visually Nerthus will just sink straight down into the ground. On the surface will be a pool (imagine a tiny Sobek Ultimate) with a shadowy Nerthus clearly inside the water, but completely submerged in it.

After traversing, Nerthus will re-emerge at a target location 20 units infront of her.

This ability operates very similarly to Hou Yi's pre-reworked Divebomb.

ULTIMATE
    Drown
    Nerthus grabs a single enemy god, revealing her face to them, before pulling them underwater for 3 seconds.
    Swamp Stance: Enemies will be drowned in thick mud, taking x1.5 more damage from this ability.
    Lake Stance: Enemies will be drowned in the holy waters where Nerthus herself bathes. Enemies will take regular damage from this ability, and when she emerges, Nerthus will automatically gain full stacks on her passive.

Damage: 25/30/35/40/45 (+10% of magical power) every 0.5s
    Cooldown: 90 seconds
    Cost: 100 mana
    If Nerthus uses this ability while either 'Bog' or 'Lake of Grace' are activated, the aoe will persist in the area directly above where Nerthus used her ultimate. The submerged enemy will not take additional damage from the 'Bog' or 'Lake of Grace' while being submerged, and Nerthus cannot be healed by it either. However, enemies on the surface can be fully damaged and cc'd by the aoe.

Akin to Ao Kuang’s ultimate, this ability will have a second pause before she drags them under, whereby Nerthus will be cc immune. It will also have the same cast range of 17.

In Swamp stance this ability will deal a total of 225/270/315/360/405 damage (+90% of magical power) and in Lake stance it will deal a total of 150/180/210/240/270 damage (+60% of magical power).

Visually she will summon a vortex underneath her as she pulls up her veil, revealing her face to the enemy. Then she will drag them straight down into the vortex. Once they are both under, it would just become a pool (radius of about 15) of water of which you can only see bubbles coming up and both Nerthus and the enemy’s health bars. Both Nerthus and the enemy caught will emerge back to the ground by shooting directly up with a gush of water.

APPEARANCE
    She would wear a veil concealing her face. She would be wearing a full gown, which would be visibly wet at the bottom. She would have long, sleek hair.

Inspiration Images

STATISTICS
    HEALTH: 440 (+85)
    MANA: 250 (+57)
    SPEED: 360 (+0)
    RANGE: 55 (+0)
    ATTACK/SEC: 0.86 (+0.9%)

BASIC ATTACK: 32 (+ 1.5) +20% of Magical Power
    PROGRESSION: None

PHYSICAL PROT: 14 (+2.6)
    MAGICAL PROT: 30 (+0.9)

HP5: 5 (+0.42)
    MP5: 5 (+0.45)

This is an updated version of a past concept I made for the same goddess. I've decided to renew not only this concept, but the others I previously made. I am much more happy with this kit, as I feel it is more fluid, interesting and had better planning.

。:.゚ヽ(´∀`。)ノ゚.:。+゚ hope you like her! ヾ(○・ω・)ノ☆
    Last edited by amelixo; 06-29-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Ignore that guy.

I think this is a lovely, awesome concept that gives way to new ways to play and potentially awesome skins and I for one, would Diamond her as fast as I could if she ever got released.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Junior Member Cupidhead KittenMagician's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I like it and its somewhat unique to have a stance change that isn't an ult ability (Tyr, Hel,and Ullr)
    I don't know if i would diamond her immediately but i think i would enjoy her.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    Ignore that guy.

I think this is a lovely, awesome concept that gives way to new ways to play and potentially awesome skins and I for one, would Diamond her as fast as I could if she ever got released.
    aww thank you so much!
    when planning her kit i thought about things that i personally would love to play with in smite. Like I love the dynamic of osiris' tethers, and thought it would be cool if there was an ability with this dynamic, but rewards you for the longer you stick to enemies with cc and damage. And i loved the idea of hard cc that has a build up to it, rather than just being instantly rooted/stunned like what we generally have seen so far in smite, enemies would gradually move slower and slower before being completely rooted in place,realistically as though they were actually sinking into some mud.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMagician View Post
    I like it and its somewhat unique to have a stance change that isn't an ult ability (Tyr, Hel,and Ullr)
    I don't know if i would diamond her immediately but i think i would enjoy her.
    well i mean tyr's stance change is technically his 3 and not his ult. BUT REGARDLESS!!! thankyou

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I really like the complexity of the kit, and also her overall appearance.

The 2 really does need to be changed though. A 4 second immunity every 16 seconds is too much. Even Sobek doesn't have immunity on his ultimate which has a 90 second cooldown. Instead of becoming untargetable, maybe all damage taken is reduced instead.

Good job though. Nice visuals.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Very unique kit with nice mechanics I'd love to see sometime in Smite!

The ult seems a little weak imo, sure it's cc (can an enemy beads it?) but 390 base is quite low, although 90% is fine. If it's beadable it should definitely do more, because the payoff for catching someone when their beads is down should be relatively high (ala Ao Kuang's execute and nomnom escape).

Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    I really like the complexity of the kit, and also her overall appearance.

The 2 really does need to be changed though. A 4 second immunity every 16 seconds is too much. Even Sobek doesn't have immunity on his ultimate which has a 90 second cooldown. Instead of becoming untargetable, maybe all damage taken is reduced instead.

Good job though. Nice visuals.
    Hi, I'd like to introduce you to Sol, Chang'e, and Ravana.

This is basically Sol + Izanami, so maybe increase the cooldown/reduce the duration a little, but it should be fine. This goddess seems to be a tanky mage, close-range like Zhong Kui or Hades, so makes sense to have some bonus survivability.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 12-12-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Thankyou both, im glad you like her

Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    Hmm maybe a 4 second immunity is a bit much, but then again nox does have an 8 second immunity every 15. and as lyralis said sol also has a 4 second immunity. And also keeping in mind the fact that it has a slight buildup delay, like izanami's dash, it can be easily cancelled and countered. But i will definitely think about changing the duration/ cooldown for it, it probably is a bit too much
    Also I'm glad you like the complexity of her, i was worried it was all a bit too much

Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    The ult seems a little weak imo, sure it's cc (can an enemy beads it?) but 390 base is quite low, although 90% is fine. If it's beadable it should definitely do more, because the payoff for catching someone when their beads is down should be relatively high (ala Ao Kuang's execute and nomnom escape).
    yes like ao ult, an enemy can beads it. I didn't want it to do too much damage considering the fact that it kinda functions like a ne zha/kumbha ult so it's more of a set-up than a hugely damaging ability. But then again both of their ults do a lot of damage lol. so you're probably right, ill look into increasing the damage
    thankyou for the feedback guys !

Junior Member Cupidhead FlareBlitz2's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've fallen in love with her visuals !
    And she seems really fun but tricky to play.
    Mayb the ult does need a bit more dmg though but other than that she seems perfect

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    OP, I suggest posting this to reddit as the forums are pretty dead in terms of recognition from Hirez less it be Pon.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Achievements:
    EDIT: As suggested I reduced the duration of her 2 down to 3 seconds & increased the damage output on her ultimate. I also tweaked the numbers on the heal a bit and removed the CC reduction. (・ω ・✿)

Quote Originally Posted by FlareBlitz2 View Post
    I've fallen in love with her visuals !
    And she seems really fun but tricky to play.
    Mayb the ult does need a bit more dmg though but other than that she seems perfect
    Thankyou very much i'm glad you like her!

Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    OP, I suggest posting this to reddit as the forums are pretty dead in terms of recognition from Hirez less it be Pon.
    Haha I probably should but im far too lazy.
    I think shes a bit too irrelevant of a norse deity to be added to the game any time soon anyway.
    Its fine though I mainly just come up with concepts for my own personal satisfaction