Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make it so gem events are based on individual accomplishments.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Make it so gem events are based on individual accomplishments.

These gem storm events are wonderful but at the same time they are literal hell.

I spent 6 hours yesterday attempting to get 3 wins. I eventually got them but still, it shouldn't take that long to get 3 wins, let alone half that time.

You getting gems shouldn't be based on if you get Jimmy "No Thumbs" on your team and you go against Billy "Tryhard" and his sweat try hard full premade.

Because 9 times out of 10, you are stuck with Jimmy "No Thumbs and the enemy team will wipe the floor because you cannot carry 1v5.

So make it based on kills or assists, or hell even gold earned. But this relying on other people just to get gems...is bull. Not everyone has people on at the same time where they can go pubstomp like Billy "Tryhard".

I'm not even going to get started on the broken surrender system that holds people hostage in games that are lost but Jimmy "No Thumbs" thinks he can win even though he's 0-18 and it's 15 minutes into the game and we've lost EVERYTHING.

Also... ban instalockers.. not warn them.. straight up ban their useless butts.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Just change quest from "win" to "play" but twice more for example.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Just change quest from "win" to "play" but twice more for example.
    Would more than likely see the increase in AFKers rise.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Would more than likely see the increase in AFKers rise.
    So what about deal X player damage/damage taken or earn X kills/assist(something like quests for Bacchus skin), ppl must play but they can complete this even with 5+ loss strike. Less rage quits, less AFKers, more fun.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Xros View Post
    These gem storm events are wonderful but at the same time they are literal hell.

I spent 6 hours yesterday attempting to get 3 wins. I eventually got them but still, it shouldn't take that long to get 3 wins, let alone half that time.

You getting gems shouldn't be based on if you get Jimmy "No Thumbs" on your team and you go against Billy "Tryhard" and his sweat try hard full premade.

Because 9 times out of 10, you are stuck with Jimmy "No Thumbs and the enemy team will wipe the floor because you cannot carry 1v5.

So make it based on kills or assists, or hell even gold earned. But this relying on other people just to get gems...is bull. Not everyone has people on at the same time where they can go pubstomp like Billy "Tryhard".

I'm not even going to get started on the broken surrender system that holds people hostage in games that are lost but Jimmy "No Thumbs" thinks he can win even though he's 0-18 and it's 15 minutes into the game and we've lost EVERYTHING.

Also... ban instalockers.. not warn them.. straight up ban their useless butts.
    i'd be fine with kill and assist gem weekends and even gold earned weekends. get so many kills and assists each day for 30 gems, earn so much gold over matches for 30 gems.

the surrender system is and will more than likely remain broken, despite many players saying that 3-2 for surrender is "majority".

banning instalockers isn't the way to go...some people don't own all the gods, and have a limited pool outside the perma-free gods and free-rotation.

only solution i can think of is have it so that there are two different timers. one to call out the roll you want to play, thus giving everyone a chance to pick properly, and then another timer to pick from the god pool of that role. once time runs out the game starts up as long as everyone has picked a god...if someone didn't then you requeue.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The problem this GEM weekend was that Hi-Rez also made all gods playable. So we had to deal with alot of "first timers" or "mastery hunters". THAT was a really bad idea Hi-Rez.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    So what about deal X player damage/damage taken or earn X kills/assist(something like quests for Bacchus skin), ppl must play but they can complete this even with 5+ loss strike. Less rage quits, less AFKers, more fun.
    "You're stealing my damage! Stop wasting my time!"

Unfortunately, there's no way of giving away something that is attached to an action within the game without making some users toxic. You just have to minimise that amount of toxicity you spread by trial and error.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shadow_Xros's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    banning instalockers isn't the way to go...some people don't own all the gods, and have a limited pool outside the perma-free gods and free-rotation. .
    Except when these kids are instalocking gods they have diamond and aren't on the perma-free rotation, then there should be something done. I have lost track of how many games i've lost due to Jimmy "no thumbs" instalocking his precious Loki and then failing hard.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Xros View Post
    Except when these kids are instalocking gods they have diamond and aren't on the perma-free rotation, then there should be something done. I have lost track of how many games i've lost due to Jimmy "no thumbs" instalocking his precious Loki and then failing hard.
    fair enough
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Cupidhead SteviaFurioasa's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Gems should be obtained differently.
    Thru wins = frustration,insults,and aloooooot of wasted time.
    For 3 wins it usually takes me like 8-9 hours and puts me in the situation that i don't want to play the game for the next few days.

Gaining gold,playing a X pantheon or playing X time can be abused. You get gold by being disconnected so the only solid ways would be:
    -X amount of kills and assists
    -X amount of dmg (fav mages) OR heal (fav supports) OR dmg taken/mitigated (fav tanks/warriors)
    -X amount of minions last kill (could provoke some argues in the team but is way better then X Wins)

Should be avoided things like : X amount of (gold fury , fire giant , buffs) because they can create alot of frustration when the enemy team is stronger and they take them all