Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Been Gone Since Sept 2015. What I miss?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    tank meta is gone?

Are you shitting me?

Thats why you see Hide of the Urchin, BoV, Nemean, Bulwark, Void Shield, Discord, and Spirit? On basically all bruisers and supports? And even some junglers and mids?

Not to mention mages can stack up to 600 health with warlocks?

Its just not just loki. All other assassins get affected.

Somethings I would like for S4 is that defense is reduced on items. It is literally quite dumb how a guardian can tank a pheonix for days and how a squishy style of character can go into defense.
    So let me get this straight: because a handful of items are frequently used, the users of those items are the dominant class? Trust me, S2 was MUCH worse. It's gotten a lot better now, and tank-busting is just fine if you have the right god.

Not to mention that you're implying that just because a god is squishy, they shouldn't be able to go into defense even though that goes against the very premise of counterbuilding.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Thats why you see Hide of the Urchin, BoV, Nemean, Bulwark, Void Shield, Discord, and Spirit? On basically all bruisers and supports? And even some junglers and mids?

Not to mention mages can stack up to 600 health with warlocks?
    That's because you've got Huntarded ADCs that kill people in a few shots, so you've got those to thank for this "tank meta".

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    So let me get this straight: because a handful of items are frequently used, the users of those items are the dominant class? Trust me, S2 was MUCH worse. It's gotten a lot better now, and tank-busting is just fine if you have the right god.

Not to mention that you're implying that just because a god is squishy, they shouldn't be able to go into defense even though that goes against the very premise of counterbuilding.
    A mage or Hunter shouldnt be able to build defense. Thats not counterbuilding. A tank like ymir or Tyr can build stuff like pest, witchblade, etc rather than a mage like raijin building dynasty plate helm or celestial legion and basically negating all damage done from junglers.

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoHel View Post
    That's because you've got Huntarded ADCs that kill people in a few shots, so you've got those to thank for this "tank meta".
    Thats not the reason.

The reason is that the damage items in the game cant keep up with the defense. Why do some items legit give 50+ defenses? Like really? While stuff like jotuns and brawlers give such little amounts.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Thats not the reason.

The reason is that the damage items in the game cant keep up with the defense. Why do some items legit give 50+ defenses? Like really? While stuff like jotuns and brawlers give such little amounts.
    Again, Huntarded ADCs.

Don't believe me, look at Xba and his 50 to 80 free damage for his AAs, your 50+ defense won't mean jack especially when pen is involved.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoHel View Post
    Again, Huntarded ADCs.

Don't believe me, look at Xba and his 50 to 80 free damage for his AAs, your 50+ defense won't mean jack especially when pen is involved.
    I am just saying defense is dumb on mages and assassins. Assassins should get more damage and mages should get less early game.

There needs to be a distinction of a jungler. Not build BoV + Warlocks and be invincible to assassins going full damage.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    A mage or Hunter shouldnt be able to build defense. Thats not counterbuilding.
    Stop right there. If squishies could not buy defense, their counterbuilding would be crippled. They'd have no options for resisting an enemy who got fed and is now steamrolling them. 70-90 defense does not make you a tank, it merely makes you able to survive.

*deep breath*

Let me get this straight: you want gods to be able to build enough pen to entirely negate all their targets' protections from items? Do you have any idea how absurd that would be? It would make tanks obsolete except as fat assassins. Hell, it would make DEFENSE obsolete. Guardians who don't have that much damage--in fact, perhaps tanks in general, who RELY on defense--would be complete and utter garbage.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 12-06-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Stop right there. If squishies could not buy defense, their counterbuilding would be crippled. They'd have no options for resisting an enemy who got fed and is now steamrolling them. 70-90 defense does not make you a tank, it merely makes you able to survive.
    Explain how defense is a counter build? its not.

Building BoV is not situational in the solo. Its not. Right now in the current meta, Jotuns isnt valued over BoV in the solo.
    Building Spirit Robe on an assassin is not situational, its required to survive against mages and DPS hunters.

Counter building means situational items based on who your opponent is.

Erlang Shen? Witchblade and Frostbound. Maybe throw in a curse.
    Aphrodite (Or really any healer)? Curse. Brawlers. Divine. Pest.
    Ah Puch (Any god with a slow, just thought of ah puch) Sprint. Winged Blade.

RIght now in this state. Items like BoV, Spirit Robe/Discord, Bulwark are required.

I do believe you though that before it was probably worse in S2 as I have seen how defense items got a nerf. And they still do need some.

Achievements:
    Explain how defense is a counter build? its not.
    Do I have to spell it out for you? If one god on the enemy team in particular is posing a problem, you build to make that god less effective. So, if a specific hunter is ruining your day, you get defense so he can't burst you down as fast. That's the very definition of counterbuilding. It's not that hard.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I like how you can care about skins more than map/God/meta changes.
    I care about both tbh. Probably the skins more . I was skin collecting for a long time before I gave up (cost was getting crazy lol). Just curious if limited skins stayed limited and if so are they more rare to see? Poolseiden sold well if I remember right, was reasonably common a year ago to see. I felt like my Winter Olympian Athena was more rare ... love that skin.

I was always a casual non league player in the sense that I stuck with arena although with thousands of hours of game time. My main was Athena typically with a damage build.