Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I hate Aegis.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TheDeadfool's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

I hate Aegis.

It just seems when you are playing matches the only reason your team loses is because the entire side has all Aegis equipped and it just feels as if every time you were ready to secure a kill they had aegis up. So my question seriously to players is how do you counter aegis?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Aegis have 160 second cooldown your ultimate have shorter cooldown and with CDR even way shorter so whenever somone use Aegis remember the time he used it so lets say he used it at 6:00 that means its gonna be up again at 8:40 in that time period he will be valnurable and you can try and kill him while hes Aegis is down things like that in high tier Ranked are common and everyone call out the timers on Beads and Aegis the enemy team have
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The more people rely on CC the more they call stuff which saves you from it op.

Aegis is not OP this game is just far to overdressed with CC. Its always the same even in my clan where it goes like:" WHAT WHY ? I throw all my CC at him and now this Son of a Bi*** uses Aegis."

When there was less CC no one complained about beads or Aegis.....no one. When there was less CC NO ONE complained about Bastets jump making her immune to CC. As soon as something fucks your plans over you call it OP.

This game needs less skill with each patch and each god released. To much CC and to much people in need of it .
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    How to counter someone who used Aegis:
    Step 1. Use cc abilities or hold onto your abilities.
    Step 2. Follow them if you can
    Step 3. Unleash your fury on them as soon as the Aegis goes down.

Aegis only delays a person's death most of the time. If you wait for the Aegis to go down before using more abilities or basics, you'll most likely kill them anyway. Sometimes they'll get away or their team can defend them, but they'll usually die if you just wait for a few seconds before using anymore abilities.

Also, keep in mind that it takes up a relic slot. Yes, Aegis can save your life sometimes, but you lose out on another relic that could do so much more for your team.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Aegis is annoying, OP and superior for squishy targets but game will be even more broken without this relic(look Poseidon, Loki, ...)
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Aegis is annoying, OP and superior for squishy targets but game will be even more broken without this relic(look Poseidon, Loki, ...)
    Aegis is worthless against Loki. To have Aegis work in time you need to use beads first to use Aegis. Everyone believes that Lokis start with leveling the DoT up first......but not when the enemy has Aegis then they go for the instand dmg first.

I explained in old threads plenty of times now why Aegis is a weak item.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    All you have to do to counter Aegis is to bait it out, or get your timing right. 160 second cd and it applies immunity for 2 seconds. That's 158 seconds where they won't be immune. Get over it, it's not OP.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I also hate Aegis but only really in arena. In other modes they still have to back and that is a loss for them. But a back in arena means in most cases nothing. Its not a loss. You just pressed the don't kill me button and its the only reason you lived, you over stepped, you miscalculated the enemy team and you would have died but you can press save your life button and get out safely. I hate it. I get that it should block dmg that is fine, has many uses to not get one shot but you should not be able to run while using it. Used right it can be more then a death save it can turn whole fights, that is more fine for me (and it could even if you couldn't move). But during 1 arena game you can use aegis like 7 times. that is 7 times you should be dead but aren't, I dont like that at all.

Today I won a match by blink + jumping into their fountain with xbal and critting their low scylla in the face when both teams had 1 ticket left. If she would have aegis that I would rage but she didn't and we won. I love such plays but I hate that you cannot pull it off many times when its needed cause of aegis or fear of aegis.
    Rocking the boat

New Member Cupidhead SouleaterVS's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Well, Build frost bound, Isolation, Poision start or Hastened depending on who you are. Maybe get wrath so you can stun them when they run, or curse/sprint

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Learn to bait them to use Aegis earlier.