Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered

King Arthur, Ruler of Camelot

King Arthur

Ruler of Camelot

Pantheon: Celtic

Role: Warrior (Hand-and-a-half-sword)

Abilities

Passive: Scabbard
    King Arthur's scabbard mitigates tick damage. Furthermore, if King Arthur is below 50% health, he will slowly heal back to 50%.

20% mitigation against tick damage.
    Restores 1% of his maximum health every three seconds until he reaches 50% of his maximum health. Activates when he goes under 50% of his maximum health.

Ability 1(2-Handed): King's Attack
    King Arthur launches two cleaving cuts with his sword before performing a final half-sword thrust. (Gripping the blade in the center to preform a more powerful and accurate thrust) Hitting the thrust will reduce protections.

Cutting Damage: 50/60/70/85/100 (+35% of your physical power)
    Cutting Range: 20 Type: Cone
    Thrust Damage: 70/80/90/100/120 (+30% of your physical power)
    Thrust Range: 15 Type: Line
    Protections Remove: 10/15/20/30/40 for 4s
    Cooldowns: 12s
    Cost: 60/65/70/75/80

Ability 1(Sword and Shield): Shield Bash
    King Arthur dashes forward and slams the rim of his shield into the head of his opponent. If he hits them, they are mesmerize.

60/100/140/190/240 (+70% of your physical power)
    Mez: 1/1.2/1.4/1.7/2s
    Cooldowns: 12s
    Cost: 60/65/70/75/80

Ability 2(2-Handed): King's Aura
    King Arthur's aura of leadership gives his team power and movement speed based upon the number of allies around him (including himself). Furthermore, enemies you attack will be targeted by all AI allies (including certain player spawn allies). (Also includes towers and titan) Activating the other aura will cancel this aura.

Power: 5/6/7/8/9 *(number of allies in range (including himself))
    Movement Speed: 3/4/5/6/7% *(number of allies in range (including himself)
    Duration: 6s
    Radius: 45
    Cooldowns: 18s
    Cost: 80/85/90/95/100

Ability 2(Sword and Shield): King's Aura
    King Arthur's aura of leadership gives his team protections and a health shield based upon the number of allies around him (including himself). Furthermore, all AI enemies (including player spawn enemies) will target King Arthur. (including towers, fire giant, etc) Activating the other aura will cancel this aura.

Protections: 2/4/6/8/10 *(number of allies around him (including himself))
    Health Shield: 10/20/30/40/50 *(number of allies around him (including himself))
    Duration: 6s
    Radius: 45
    Cooldowns: 18s
    Cost: 80/85/90/95/100

Ability 3: Fighting Style
    King Arthur either holds his sword in one hand and wields a shield or holds his sword in two hands. Holding the sword in two hands increases his attack speed and power, but lowers his protections. However, holding the sword in one hand and carrying a shield will give him protections, but lowers his power and attack speed.

Two-Handed:
    Power: 10/20/30/40/50
    Attack Speed: 0/5/10/15/20%
    Protections Lost: 10/15/20/30/40
    Sword and Shield:
    Protections: 15/25/35/45/60
    Attack Speed Lost: 2/5/8/12/15%
    Power Lost: 5/10/25/20/25

Ability 4(Two-Handed): Excalibur
    Arthur points his sword in the sky and blinds nearby enemies, doing damage in the process. Afterwards, Arthur's sword glows with a bright light and his abilities gain additional effects for 8s. However, he is unable to use his 3 for the entire duration. (goes on cooldown if the other ultimate is used)

90/180/270/360/450 (+80% of your physical power)
    Radius: 30
    Blind: 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s
    Cooldowns: 90s
    Cost: 110

Bonus Effects:
    Ability 1: The two cuts now apply a 30% slow for 2s. Also, after the thrust, King Arthur then preforms a murder-strike that stuns the enemy and lowers more protections (Hold the blade with both hands and hitting with the cross-guard or pommel.)
    Stun: 1s
    Protections Lost: 5/10/15/20/25
    60/90/120/150/180 (+60% of your physical power)
    Ability 2: The ability now gives an additional 5/10/20/30/40% towards stats.

Ability 4(Sword and Shield): Wynebgwrthucher
    King Arthur invokes the image on his shield, causing all enemies in range to lose power, attack speed, and protections while granting it to allies within range. King Arthur's shield glows with a bright light and his abilities gain additional effects for 8s. However, he is unable to use his 3 for the entire duration. (Goes on cooldown if the other ultimate is used)

Power Stolen: 10/20/30/40/50
    Attack Speed Stolen: 5/10/15/20/25%
    Protections Stolen: 10/15/20/25/30
    Radius: 30
    Cooldowns: 90s
    Cost: 110

Bonus Effects:
    Ability 1: Now cripples for 2s and does an additional 15/30/50/70/90 (+60% of your physical power)
    Ability 2:The ability now gives an additional 5/10/20/30/40% towards stats.

Stats:
    HP: 480 (+80)
    Mana: 230 (+35)
    Speed: 375 (+0)
    Range: 12 (+0)
    Attack Spd: 1 (+1.1%)
    Damage: 39 (+2) +100% of power
    Progression: 1/1/1/2x - .5/.5/.8/1.5x
    Physical Prot: 17 (+3)
    Magical Prot: 30 (+.9)
    HP5: 9 (+.8)
    MP5: 4.4 (+0.4)

Idea behind Kit:
    I heard that Celtic was coming out so I'd figured I'd make a kit on one of the possible entries in the game. That being said, let me just say that I was kinda split on what to do for King Arthur. There was a possibility that I could've made a completely different kit by using the idea behind Bellona's kit, but I decided to go with this. (Might make another kit on him in the future if no one else does a concept around the idea)

Anyway, let's talk about the passive. This passive is based upon the power of his scabbard (that doesn't really have a name) where it is said that it prevented death by bleeding and could even prevent bleeding from wounds. Now I kinda expanded my reasoning and figured that tick damage would be him "bleeding" and decided to give him some mitigation against it(nullifying it would be op). I also added the heal when he's below 50% as a way of his scabbard preventing him from bleeding out and 'healing' the wound.

The first ability is his main wave clear/damaging ability and comes in two sets. The two-handed style uses a variety of sword attacks to defeat his enemies. I also took the liberty of adding the half-sword and murder-strike techniques to make his one a bit more unique. The sword and shield style 1 might seem like Bellona's 1 at first glance, but there's a difference. This ability is single target and he hits the rim of the shield against the opponent's head. This causes the opponent to be disoriented by the blow as the result. Pretty much, he uses his shield as a weapon for the attack.

The second ability is something a bit interesting to consider. I figured that he would give off a sort of leadership presence to those around him that would drive them to push harder in a fight. As such, I made his kit based around team-play and strategic timing. His aura isn't the best on his own. In fact, it's really weak. However, with his team at his back, his aura becomes incredibly powerful. His auras also have powerful effects for different circumstances. The two-handed style increases everyone's power and movement speed. This is best used to chase or push back an enemy team. The effect this aura has on AI strengthens this by having them focus fire onto the enemy he's fighting.
    On the other hand, the sword and shield style gives everyone protections and a health shield. This is best used to defend or to push an objective. The effect for this also shows this to be true by having all AI enemies focus fire on Arthur.

The third ability mainly involves him switching styles. There's a lot of debate over what kind of sword Excalibur was, so I went with the hand-and-a-half sword and allowed him to switch to a more offensive style of fighting or a more defensive style of fighting. What makes this unique is that he sacrifices some of his stats to increase the effectiveness of his other stats. This causes the player to decide and figure out which stance is more appropriate in the situation. Does your team need someone to deal damage or do they need a strong front-liner that won't go down easily? Giving him that option of choice was something I thought made his stance switch interesting compared to others.

The last ability is something that I'm somewhat concerned about due to the fact that he, technically, has two ultimates. Well, really, he has two choices for his ultimate and they both bring something to the table.
    His two-handed style uses his sword, Excalibur in the ultimate. Now, originally, I thought of him launching a mighty attack of sorts. However, after looking at his lore, I discovered that his sword was only said to glow brightly and blind his enemies. (simplified version) As such, I added it into his ultimate where it blinds enemies and does damage in a radius around him.
    As for his sword and shield style, I brought his shield into the kit and made it its own ultimate. Now, there are a lot of stories behind his shield, but I went with the one story where it's said that the symbol on his shield, when invoked, took the strength of his enemies and gives it to his troops. The ultimate is a massive debuff that doesn't deal any damage, but could be game changing regardless.

Overall, I wanted him to have a sort of team fighting presence. Like, a sort of leader that inspires his troops to fight on and can make them stronger by fighting together. I also wanted to give him the option of choice and the ability to change his impact in a fight based on what ability he uses in which stance. He can also become stronger or weaker based upon whether or not he's fighting with his team.

Voice Lines:

Game start: “The time has come for me to draw my sword and become king once more…”

When buying consumables: "Better than the rations.”
    When buying consumables: "This will help.”

Low Health: "I…won’t fail my people… not again!”
    Low Health: “I will fight on…”

When using 1 (TH): *Battle Shouts*
    When using 1(S&S): *Battle Cry*

When using 2 (TH): "With me my comrades!”
    When using 2 (S&S): "Hold formation!”

When using 3: "Time to change tactics…”

When using 4 (TH): "Excalibur!”
    When using 4 (S&S): "Wynebgwrthucher!”

Ward Placement: "Keep watch” (as if he’s talking to a scout)
    Ward Placement: "To secure our lines.”

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: “I’ve killed tougher enemies than you!”

When buying offensive items: "Not as good as my sword…”

When buying defensive items: "A new suit of armor? Seems durable…”
    When buying defensive items: "A fine piece of equipment.”

Joke: "I used to own I snake. I named it Sir Pent (Serpent).”
    Joke: “Gah my back is aking!”
    Joke: “Have I ever told you the story about Sir Cumference? He was one of our most biggest knights of the round table.”

Taunt: "We ride out to defend the ones we love and to fulfill our dreams… Compared to us, why do you fight?”
    Taunt: "I have fought in and won many battles… this is simply another one to add to the list.”
    Taunt: "Submit defeat for you cannot win this battle.”

Killing Spree: "For Camelot!”
    Killing Spree: "We’re pushing them back! Follow me to victory!”

Death: “Aghh… I’m… sorry…

Respawn: "We shall win this day!”

Direct Taunts:

Guan Yu: "You were a honorable warrior and, thus, you have my respect.”

Bellona: "You have an interesting fighting style. Perhaps we can spar in the future…”

Xing Tian:
    "You fought valiantly, but now you must yield.”

Tyr: "Your stance technique is something to behold, but, sadly, it wasn’t enough.”

Amaterasu: "I’ve heard of your people’s fighting style. It was truly an opportunity to test my skill against the warriors of the rising sun.”
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 12-09-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    I'll bump this one more time.

God Concepts:

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Interestingly I think he looks very similar to Tyr in parts of his kit. Tyr also interestingly has a "King ArTyr" skin (although this admittedly is more of a Monty Python parody ). The other parts (2 and 4) look more like Ares, making a lot of sense concerning Arthur's battle nature.

Anyways, it actually looks really nice as a kit. I haven't had a chance to look at most of the numbers, but you may want to watch how many extra effects are on your moves, to mind stacking, and how strong they are. The ult providing more bonus effects on the bonus of the 3 to moves that already have bonus effects... you see what I'm saying. Not saying it's wrong, just that it can be quite tricky, easily getting out of hand when items are counted in as well. The fact that you don't just not have the buffs of the other side, you actually lose them on the 3, is (while I suppose more realistic) kinda dangerous complication as well.

On that note, I also really appreciate your attention to detail, and your understanding of sword fighting (double thumbs up on the scabbard and murderstrike). His team leadership as a king makes sense, and the commitment to the lore of Excalibur was very cool (although you might want to find a catchier name for Wynwgth... Wynebgbgr... Wyrnthuthurbg... :P )

Anyway, I might respond again soon related to numbers if I find anything too weird, but right now... looks good!
    Last edited by Epibrutemetheos; 12-07-2016 at 10:51 PM.

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    First off, I love--LOVE--everything about this concept. First, he's King Arthur, and you're embracing his Celtic roots. That's not done enough. Second, he has 2 ults. That's something we really should have in the game. Anyway, let's get into the kit.

His passive sounds great. The second component is pretty useful for not being up against a team with any DoTs.

His 1 needs waaaaaay less damage. I get that it's his only damaging ability, but it gives him SO much pressure early-game because it can deal up to 560 damage, and that 230% scaling doesn't help the matter. I propose nerfing his shield stance's damage.

His 2 is fine in the offensive stance, but defensively, it can give a shield of up to 300 health. Add in the protections, and yeah, it's kind of bullshit.

His 3 shouldn't give MS, especially with the buff from his 2. It's fine otherwise.

The 50% buff on his ults could stand a nerf. Those abilities are going to provide way to much with that much of a buff. At the very least, the buff should scale from a lower value that will be present at rank 1.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Epibrutemetheos View Post
    Interestingly I think he looks very similar to Tyr in parts of his kit. Tyr also interestingly has a "King ArTyr" skin (although this admittedly is more of a Monty Python parody ). The other parts (2 and 4) look more like Ares, making a lot of sense concerning Arthur's battle nature.
    Most stance switchers kinda have similar stuff, but, in an attempt to make mine more unique, I added a debuff depending on his stance. So, if you pick a stance, you need to make sure that that is the stance you need in that moment. As for the Ares comment, I'm not sure what you mean by the ultimate being similar, but you do have a point about the 2. However, unlike Ares, his 2 is effected by the number of allies around him and it changes depending on his fighting style (granting different benefits).

Anyways, it actually looks really nice as a kit. I haven't had a chance to look at most of the numbers, but you may want to watch how many extra effects are on your moves, to mind stacking, and how strong they are.
    Yea. I made sure that his two doesn't stack by having it where only one Aura can be activated at a time. I also made it where his two can be very powerful, but also very weak. By himself, his 2 barely does anything. However, if his team is with him, his 2 can be pretty strong. Whether some of the numbers need to be tweak, I'm uncertain, but that was essentially my goal for his two.
    I tried to make sure the abilities weren't too ridiculous, but there was a chance that I could've missed something.

The ult providing more bonus effects on the bonus of the 3 to moves that already have bonus effects... you see what I'm saying. Not saying it's wrong, just that it can be quite tricky, easily getting out of hand when items are counted in as well.
    Yea. I agree with you. I tried to make the kit fair, but, like I said, I might've missed something. The ultimate only affects the 1 and 2 (he's unable to use his 3 for the duration)
    The fact that you don't just not have the buffs of the other side, you actually lose them on the 3, is (while I suppose more realistic) kinda dangerous complication as well.
    You're right. I wanted to make the stance switch a choice that the player needs to choose. The player needs to ask themselves, "What does this situation calls for?" and picking the right stance for the right situation. However, as you said, it's a dangerous complication. It could work really well or it can do poorly. The only real way to test it is to actually see it first hand I suppose.
    On that note, I also really appreciate your attention to detail, and your understanding of sword fighting (double thumbs up on the scabbard and murderstrike). His team leadership as a king makes sense, and the commitment to the lore of Excalibur was very cool (although you might want to find a catchier name for Wynwgth... Wynebgbgr... Wyrnthuthurbg... :P )
    Thanks XD. Regarding his shield though... I'm afraid I can't change the name because that's what his shield was called.
    Anyway, I might respond again soon related to numbers if I find anything too weird, but right now... looks good!

Comments in the quote. Thanks for the feedback

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    First off, I love--LOVE--everything about this concept. First, he's King Arthur, and you're embracing his Celtic roots. That's not done enough. Second, he has 2 ults. That's something we really should have in the game. Anyway, let's get into the kit.
    Thanks. I try and implement as much lore in the concepts as possible.
    His 1 needs waaaaaay less damage. I get that it's his only damaging ability, but it gives him SO much pressure early-game because it can deal up to 560 damage, and that 230% scaling doesn't help the matter. I propose nerfing his shield stance's damage.
    The fourth strike is only added on the ultimate so it would deal 320 (+160% of your physical power). That being said< i'll reduce the scaling so that it'll do 100% overall. (without the ultimate)
    His 2 is fine in the offensive stance, but defensively, it can give a shield of up to 300 health. Add in the protections, and yeah, it's kind of bullshit.
    In an ideal situation, you'll get 300 hp shield if you have all of your allies around you. However, your two becomes weaker if you don't have a lot of teammates around you. So I kinda figured that it would be balanced in that regard. Could be wrong though. If you have any suggestions on how I should nerf it let me know. I'd appreciate the advice.
    His 3 shouldn't give MS, especially with the buff from his 2. It's fine otherwise.
    Alright.

The 50% buff on his ults could stand a nerf. Those abilities are going to provide way to much with that much of a buff. At the very least, the buff should scale from a lower value that will be present at rank 1.
    How does 5/10/20/30/40% buff when he uses his ultimate?
    Thanks for the advise. Comments in the quote.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 12-08-2016 at 09:43 PM.

God Concepts:

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    In an ideal situation, you'll get 300 hp shield if you have all of your allies around you. However, your two becomes weaker if you don't have a lot of teammates around you. So I kinda figured that it would be balanced in that regard. Could be wrong though. If you have any suggestions on how I should nerf it let me know. I'd appreciate the advice.
    I say make it scale up to only 50 so that it's a 250 shield in a teamfight. Not a huge nerf, so it wouldn't cripple the ability; but still substantial.

How does 5/10/20/30/40% buff when he uses his ultimate?
    That sounds good.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I say make it scale up to only 50 so that it's a 250 shield in a teamfight. Not a huge nerf, so it wouldn't cripple the ability; but still substantial.
    Alright. I made it 10/20/30/40/50 instead of 20/30/40/50/60.

God Concepts: