Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are so many toxic people in multiplayer games?

New Member Cupidhead layzeedevil's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Why are so many toxic people in multiplayer games?

A little about me first, I love this game but I suck at Smite. Rather, I'm a below average player. Despite just recently hitting level 30 I am still learning how to build/counter build items. Call me a scrub or whatever.

The main point of this post is to ask what haters get out of messaging teammates/opponents after a match and giving them grief? If you want to message constructive criticism to me, please help me get better. But just calling me a loser literally helps no one.

And I know, learn to ignore idiots blah blah blah. But it still sucks when you're just trying to enjoy yourself and end up getting shut down instead.

Rant over.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's hi-rez's fault that there is a lot of toxicity. Their matchmaking is absurd and people get really mad when they have to play with people that have no idea how to play.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    It's hi-rez's fault that there is a lot of toxicity. Their matchmaking is absurd and people get really mad when they have to play with people that have no idea how to play.
    No it is not, the personality of the people you're matched with is not necessarily because of the matchmaking. People will be mad bad match or not. People on the internet are generally toxic.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Because people are butt hurt cry babies that throw tantrums when they lose. If they want to play with "pros" then they should queue in ranked matches not casual (which I assume you're playing in)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    That's an absurd answer. The OP is diving into a deep pool of physiological thought here, but without getting too into it, I'd assume that the majority of toxicity is caused by the ability to be anonymous. There's little-to-no repercussions online, and users can't see the result of their comments or words. Mix that with the fact that quite a lot of younger people will get a lot of their first social experiences online, and you got yourself a vat of toxicity.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dhailz17's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    That's an absurd answer. The OP is diving into a deep pool of physiological thought here, but without getting too into it, I'd assume that the majority of toxicity is caused by the ability to be anonymous. There's little-to-no repercussions online, and users can't see the result of their comments or words. Mix that with the fact that quite a lot of younger people will get a lot of their first social experiences online, and you got yourself a vat of toxicity.
    meh, true in most cases, but i have a good record for winning public matches -i hate the toxicity of ranked players- and sometimes it's just ignorance... randoms just don't want to listen to other randoms. everyone is stuck in the mindset that "all" randoms are bad and i think that's our main issue on public/ranked matches on smite. i wish people would cheer the fuck up, stop being miserable and work together for the betterment of the community. too bad it probably won't happen
    28 Rank X's Leader Of GoldStarGaming

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    Because people are butt hurt cry babies that throw tantrums when they lose. If they want to play with "pros" then they should queue in ranked matches not casual (which I assume you're playing in)
    ranked has more butt hurt cry babies that "think" they are pro's then anywhere else... I have found I have more success and better team mates in casuals.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dhailz17's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    ranked has more butt hurt cry babies that "think" they are pro's then anywhere else... I have found I have more success and better team mates in casuals.
    i agree with this statement. lol
    28 Rank X's Leader Of GoldStarGaming

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Am I being toxic when I start cursing at the dude that that starts hopping up and down at the start of the match in Arena let's say, and intentionally starts feeding the opposing team. starts laughing , and then feeds everytime he comes back to life on purpose? Am I the toxic one , when I want to strangle him/her for being a jackass for no absolute reason. None what so ever!
    Yes , yes I am ..why , because I'm stuck with this idiot for a minimum of 10 minutes, and I'm not going to DC on purpose obviously to land myself a deserter penalty.
    So please someone tell me , what is the correct course of action when you meet someone like this?

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by layzeedevil View Post
    A little about me first, I love this game but I suck at Smite. Rather, I'm a below average player. Despite just recently hitting level 30 I am still learning how to build/counter build items.
    No. With an attitude like that, I don't think you're a below average player at all. The below average players are the ones who think they know everything, or the ones who don't care, and you are neither of those.