Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The curiosity chest.

Junior Member Cupidhead Orcshein's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

The curiosity chest.

So... that chest, it shows the 3 rare skins you can get.

Do you get those skins when you have opened the chest 52 times, get one at 53, 54 and 55?

Because I just spent a huge lot on it just to get one skin and I'm at 48/55 opened, with none of the rare skin found yet.

Just want to know if it's always like that or I'm just terribly unlucky.

Thanks.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Generally the exclusive skins within a chest are rarer, but as far as I'm aware, they aren't necessarily the last however-many items within the chest.

I just think you're incredibly unlucky .-.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Never came close to clearing one, but I would assume your case is the norm even though it is possible to get them early.

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    It's random.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by lextragon View Post
    It's random.
    It is and it isn't random. Chests are based off chance, and the exclusive skins have less of a chance of showing up. You often see a lot of users who, like OP, get the rarer skins on the final rolls of the chests; however, it is possible to get them earlier on and I've seen users get it a fair bit. The difference is that people don't tend to post the "I got it on my second try!".
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    its random. Every item has different chances of getting obtained. You will never get duplicates though, thankfully.

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    It is and it isn't random. Chests are based off chance, and the exclusive skins have less of a chance of showing up. You often see a lot of users who, like OP, get the rarer skins on the final rolls of the chests; however, it is possible to get them earlier on and I've seen users get it a fair bit. The difference is that people don't tend to post the "I got it on my second try!".
    I got Sir Penstworth Esquire from chest on my first try. It wasnt the odyssey chest tho

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    The items in small chests supposedly have equal chances to be rolled. For large chests, HiRez "significantly increased the chance players will receive a skin, and even more significantly increased the chance players will receive the chest exclusive skin" in a patch a while ago (Source), but it is a very vague statement in itself (since it doesn't say by how much and how it is relative to other items)

This is the case for all chests present and future (Source).

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    The items in small chests supposedly have equal chances to be rolled. For large chests, HiRez "significantly increased the chance players will receive a skin, and even more significantly increased the chance players will receive the chest exclusive skin" in a patch a while ago (Source), but it is a very vague statement in itself (since it doesn't say by how much and how it is relative to other items)

This is the case for all chests present and future (Source).
    Those statements have since been found to be overwhelmingly invalid, as I, and MANY other ppl that I know who open big chest, don't get the rare exclusive items till the very end. The problem was never really fixed. You have to be EXTREMELY LUCKY to get the rare exclusive item even half-way through the openings. But unless you've already got many items in the chest from other sources, expect to open quite a bit of them.

Look for me by moonlight ✡

My Concepts
    Narcissus, The Cursed Flower

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Keneticam View Post
    Those statements have since been found to be overwhelmingly invalid, as I, and MANY other ppl that I know who open big chest, don't get the rare exclusive items till the very end. The problem was never really fixed. You have to be EXTREMELY LUCKY to get the rare exclusive item even half-way through the openings. But unless you've already got many items in the chest from other sources, expect to open quite a bit of them.
    That's a bit upsetting to know now. I really want the warlord skin and i usually dont bother with chest. I was debating chancing it in the hopes of getting it but it doesn't sound like it's really a random rate. Chest with a lot of items are not worth the gems.
    "A man is at his weakest when he deems himself invincible"