Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iris, Lady of the Rainbow - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Iris, Lady of the Rainbow - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

God Name: Iris
    Title: Lady of the Rainbow
    Pantheon: Greek
    Type: Physical, Melee
    Role: Assassin (Stealth)
    Pros: Medium Crowd Control, High Mobility

art by me.

LORE:
    There she rides the skies, delivering hopes and the promises of tomorrow, Iris gleams with her golden wings. The triumph over the storm only promises a rainbow and she delivers with swift justice. A messenger like Hermes, Iris connects the Earth and Sky and relays the messages of the gods to their people. A true maiden of the sky, Iris wasn't always the deliverer of hope.

Long before the reign of the gods, Iris and her sister Ankara were messengers of the titans. They were war machines who delivered punishment to those who rebelled against the Titans, but they were dearest family and proteted each other from their wrath. When the Olympians did have an uprising against the elder titans, Iris and her sister were split by Fate. Ankara sided with the titans and continued to deliver their justice, while Iris fought for the Olympians and the freedoms that they sought to bring. As they clashed, tears fell Iris' face, to see her sister fallen into Tartaros along with the Titans.

Glad as she was for the Olympians prevailed, she soon found that freedom was an illusion they cast to bring about the world to their side. There was no freedom. There was no peace. Only war and death. Where she once was a warrior, she is now a soother of the lands. The thunder and storm of Zeus was washed away by the waters that Iris carries. She brought the promise of tomorrow to the people and cleansed the land of the Olympian's lies. Now the Final War looms in the horizon, and Iris must choose a side: the freedom she sacrificed her sister for, or the order she once delivered. After the storm is the rainbow and surely, a new hope for tomorrow.

PASSIVE: Rainbow Road
    When not attacking or being attacked for 5 seconds, Iris surfs on a rainbow that allows increased movespeed and soft CC immunity while she is riding.
    Ability: Self
    Effect: Buff
    Movement Speed: +30% Movement

ABILITY 1: Double Rainbow
    Iris performs a damaging leap twice. Enemies hit twice are rooted. Iris will have 3 seconds to choose where to jump next. Attacking or using abilities in between the two jumps will not cancel her second jump.
    Ability: Direction.Line
    Effect: Leap
    Distance Max: 50 ft
    Damage: 70/80/90/100/120 (+35% PP) per Leap
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
    Cooldown: 10s

ABILITY 2: Ribbon Twirl
    Iris attacks all enemies around her, damaging enemies and dealing critical damage to enemies affected by Crowd Control.
    Ability: Area
    Effect: Damage
    Radius: 22ft
    Damage: 100/135/170/215/240 (+75% PP)
    Cost: 70
    Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s

ABILITY 3: Message Relay
    Iris sends forward a fake image of herself running forward while she stealths. The image will taunt enemies it passes through and chases after it. The image cannot pass through walls.
    Ability: Direction.Line
    Effect: Crowd Control
    Duration: 5s
    Taunt Duration: 5.0s for Minions and Jungle Creeps
    Attack Speed Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% Attack Speed Slow for 3s
    Cost: 75
    Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s

ULTIMATE: Spectrum Surfer
    Iris ascends to the sky and rides her rainbow, gaining increased movement. She then selects an area, damaging and silencing all enemies hit.
    Ability: Special Dash
    Effect: Damage
    Damage: 150/200/250/300/350
    Silence: 3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0s
    Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
    Cooldown: 75s

AUTHOR NOTES:
    Iris can move from point A to point B in a flash, and her abilities allow her to doozy from one side of the jungle to the other. She has multiple escape tools, should she find herself in situations that threatens her. And since her abilities are mostly escape tools or dashing abilities, her main damage output will come from her basic attacks.
    Last edited by redmist456; 12-01-2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Love this. Would the jump be like Bastet's?
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoldyBanana View Post
    Love this. Would the jump be like Bastet's?
    Awww thanks man. No the jump would be you jump once, then jump again. It could be jump back to the same location, jump to a new location, or jump again. Each jump deals damage.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    Awww thanks man. No the jump would be you jump once, then jump again. It could be jump back to the same location, jump to a new location, or jump again. Each jump deals damage.
    Sweet, I really like what you've done with this.

Nice job
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I'll second that. This is cool!

nice work
    My Diamonds: Ah Puch, Chang'e, Neith, Nox, Thoth

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NeoredXII's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    1st skill is bastet,
    2nd skill is Chang'e
    Ultimate is Apollo
    But the passive is interesting tho...
    Check out my God Concepts

Ceres, Goddess of Harvest
    Eris, Goddess of Discord
    Maria Makiling, Fairy of the Mountain
    Lam-ang, Hero of Ilocos
    Bakunawa, Devourer of the Moon

Hi, I'm new but I really really love making god concepts! I'm not really good at numbers and stats so i hope you can help me.
    Also i do arts too, so if you are friendly to me I might consider in doing your artworks for your god concepts. thanks!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The passive reminds me of Miss Fortune. Cool.
    The first ability does seem like Bastet's, unless I'm misreading that (based on the GIF)
    Ultimate is that a huge leap or a fly then strike down (like Thanatos?)
    CITE IMAGES AND ANY OTHER SOURCES PLEASE!!!

New Member Cupidhead LickMyGochu's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    Hi. I was just browsing and I saw this animated funfest that is Iris. I just totally adore her. Her art style says spunk and her overall kit is very "spunky". I like her. She'd be me in smite deity form.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    This is pretty damn noice! So noice it broke me out of my "god concept" block and dig up my old Iris drawing from about a month ago. Danke mate.

This is quite a quirky assassin.

The synergy with her 1+2 combo is very nice. I think Double Rainbow should take a hit to 12 or 14s, 16s is quite long for an escape ability on an assassin and can prevent her from being ready to clear waves once she gets a camp.

Message Relay's taunt for minions/camps needs to take a hit to 3s, I can image some very wacky circumstances where she can trick an entire wave back into the tower with its duration and that'd be quite OP. Can the image be damaged or killed before its duration ends?
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 11-29-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoredXII View Post
    1st skill is bastet,
    2nd skill is Chang'e
    Ultimate is Apollo
    But the passive is interesting tho...
    1. Her first skill is actually different from Bastet's. While Bastet can only jump back from where she came from, Iris can choose and jump to an entirely new area, essentially double jumping if you will. She selects an area then jumps there, then selects another area to jump there as well. Sorry if my GIF is hard to understand as it does look like Bastet's ability, but it works very much differently.
    2. Whereas Change's 1st ability is an Arc, Iris' is a full on circular area around her. Change's 3rd ability focuses on healing/supportive measures and decreases the healing on enemies, while Iris will focus on damaging/assault techniques and deals more damage to CC'ed enemies. It's actually kind of the opposite of Change's abilities.
    3. The ultimate is actually a mix between Thanatos, Apollo, and Izanami. It does seem like Apollo's ultimate, but then again, so is Thantos' and Thor's (kinda).
    4. Thanks for liking her passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoushin View Post
    The passive reminds me of Miss Fortune. Cool.
    The first ability does seem like Bastet's, unless I'm misreading that (based on the GIF)
    Ultimate is that a huge leap or a fly then strike down (like Thanatos?)

1. Yeah, the GIF was kinda confusing. Sorry about that mate.
    2. The ultimate is a fly then strike down, like Thanatos' or Apollo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    This is pretty damn noice! So noice it broke me out of my "god concept" block and dig up my old Iris drawing from about a month ago. Danke mate.

This is quite a quirky assassin.

The synergy with her 1+2 combo is very nice. I think Double Rainbow should take a hit to 12 or 14s, 16s is quite long for an escape ability on an assassin and can prevent her from being ready to clear waves once she gets a camp.

Message Relay's taunt for minions/camps needs to take a hit to 3s, I can image some very wacky circumstances where she can trick an entire wave back into the tower with its duration and that'd be quite OP. Can the image be damaged or killed before its duration ends?
    1. Well, I'm glad I was able to save someone from the rut that is "creator's block".
    2. Double Rainbow is getting a buff/nerf. The cooldown is decreased from 16 seconds to 10 seconds, but the damage is decreased from 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% PP) per Leap to 60/65/70/75/80 (+35% PP) per Leap.
    3. Message Relay is also getting a buff/nerf. Taunt on gods will be removed completely, and the Taunt on Minions/Monsters will be reduced from 5.0 seconds to 3.0 seconds. The fake image will have the current HP that Iris has (for more sneaky attacks). Instead of taunts, however, enemy gods who attack the message will reduce their attack speed (which is a form of Crowd Control) for more synergies on her 2nd ability.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB