Thread: Any good arena Khepri/cabra builds?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Any good arena Khepri/cabra builds?

So it has been a while since I played so getting used to new items. And I started playing khepri, normally I main Khumba as guardian, in fact most of my guardians I tend to do a similar build
    Rush Cooldown reduction, then focus on survivability. My basic philosophy is the longer i can stay out their being annoying the better the team does.

I used to use mail of renewal and stone of gaia alot,

So far what i tend to do with khepri is something liek watchers gift, shoes of focus, I forget it's name but the main CDR armor(CDR phys and mana) then mail of renewal, mystical armor, stone of gaia, etc almost all defensive items.

Cabra I probably have been building kind of stupid but, shoes o focus, mystical, iso, then I build health items and ethereal.

It has been awhile since I played so I am not sure what is good now.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'd say your kepri build isn't bad but you need magical prot earlier. Health is nice but health and protections is better.

Cabra is really unique,U can build hybrid items like Iso gem,the helm tree,the health & power tree if you'r going for a bruiser like build or you can go protection,health and cooldown and just be a tanky cc machine. It depends.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    any recommendations on magical prot items
    I have been getting Genji's, mantle of discord, and been kind of starting to take oni hunter.

Guide Senior Cupidhead MuffinMan17's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Hey Troll,

I strongly recommend against Stone of Gaia in Arena (and pretty much any other mode except Assault). Regen is nice in a general sense, but when your base is so close, getting back up from 1/2 health to full is really more important. Mail of Renewal would be the only more immediate regen type item I would consider (not counting Heartward or Sov yet).

Your general thought process regarding the build is pretty much what I would do for Khepri and similar heavy CC-based guardians like Athena...CDR first, with protections when possible, and end with health and utility items.

I also consider the enemy comp. In Arena, you'll come across a team with either 4 physical or 4 magical gods somewhat often...in which case, I would choose an early Sovereignty or Heartward Amulet (respectively), before continuing with a more standard build.

So, here are build examples for how I would do it:

Balanced enemy comps: Shoes of Focus, Breastplate of Valor, Bulwark of Hope (behind) or Hide of the Urchin (ahead) or Pestilence (vs. more than 1 healer)...that's 3. Finish as needed with Spirit Robe, Ethereal Staff, and a counter item like Midgardian/Witchblade/Void Stone/Ritual Dagger.

4+ physical enemies
    : Shoes of Focus, Sovereignty, Breastplate of Valor (or reverse order if you prefer). That's the main 3 again...then Spirit Robe (only if the 1 magical god has lots of damage), Ethereal Staff, and a counter item or two.

4+ magical enemies: Shoes of Focus, Heartward Amulet, Genji's Guard. Then again Spirit Robe OR Mantle of Discord (if the 1 physical has lots of damage), Bulwark of Hope or Pestilence, and a counter item.

For Cabra, I wouldn't build him that way, but that's me. I would build him more aggressively...protection is still fine, but I would definitely get more power and pen into the build...Gem of Isolation for sure, I'd consider the Dynasty Plate Helm / Void Stone combo, etc...you can still consider Mystical Mail, as it works well with Tremors + Iso, but I just don't ever get the item...it's so expensive, especially for a quick mode like Arena. Instead of looking to do damage over time, it's a teamfight, so I'd rely on teammates to help finish enemies off, while using Tremors + Iso to keep them locked down as much as possible...most of my damage would be burst, coming from Seismic/Refraction/Tectonic. I'd also make sure there was at least one other more tanky player.