Thread: New Game Mode - Accelerated Conquest (x2?)

Member Follower
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

New Game Mode - Accelerated Conquest (x2?)

Am sure I'm not the only person out there who enjoys conquest, but keeps thinking these games can be waaaayyyy too long, (i.e. 40+ mins isn't unusual, can approach an hour if your team doesn't want to work to close the game). Joust is fine, but much quieter / less tactically interesting than conquest, imho, and the other modes are fun, but even less so, (to the tactically interesting part - arena's plenty active ;P ).

Am sure this has been suggested before, but to minimize additional effort on HiRez's part, but keep all the interest of conquest, why don't we just have an "accelerated conquest," (both normal and ranked) where everyone still starts exactly the same as regular conquest, but all xp/gold gains are x2 with the goal being to keep the game solidly in the 15-20 min range, (so, could be x1.5 / x2.25 - whatever's needed to put and keep the game in that 15-20 min sweet spot).

That way, you get all the interest, tactics, etc of conquest with the ability to get in and out in a much more reasonable amount of time, (i.e. if I have 2 hrs to play, I'd much rather play 4-6 games with all the potential for different teams than 1-2).

Thoughts, (am sure I'm not the first person to suggest this)? Further enhancements?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    One hour xD maybe in very extreme situations. 30-40 min is fine by me, you dont need tactics when ppl can have full build in 15 min, you just pick full late game squad.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MissHap View Post
    Am sure I'm not the only person out there who enjoys conquest, but keeps thinking these games can be waaaayyyy too long, (i.e. 40+ mins isn't unusual, can approach an hour if your team doesn't want to work to close the game). Joust is fine, but much quieter / less tactically interesting than conquest, imho, and the other modes are fun, but even less so, (to the tactically interesting part - arena's plenty active ;P ).

Am sure this has been suggested before, but to minimize additional effort on HiRez's part, but keep all the interest of conquest, why don't we just have an "accelerated conquest," (both normal and ranked) where everyone still starts exactly the same as regular conquest, but all xp/gold gains are x2 with the goal being to keep the game solidly in the 15-20 min range, (so, could be x1.5 / x2.25 - whatever's needed to put and keep the game in that 15-20 min sweet spot).

That way, you get all the interest, tactics, etc of conquest with the ability to get in and out in a much more reasonable amount of time, (i.e. if I have 2 hrs to play, I'd much rather play 4-6 games with all the potential for different teams than 1-2).

Thoughts, (am sure I'm not the first person to suggest this)? Further enhancements?
    Oh, nice idea. I really really, i mean REALLY wanna play Conquest, but i always lack the time. Only on weekends can i play it, but i have other games and want to play them too, plus Smite really can't be disrupted. I mean, if i have to go when we have only just started playing due to unexpected life twists, then what can i do then? If it was faster, then it would take less time and it would be pretty awesome, at least in my opinion.

I do want this change, sadly it may not be implemented. But at least a 1.5x on everything that is needed to be sped up would be great.

Also, i love the fact that if Conquest would have an accelerated version, lategame gods would reach it way faster and less hardly. I am all for lategame gods so i guess that's even more so appealing to me.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pretty cool idea, may not become a priority for Hi-Rez tho which is unfortunate.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.