Thread: Gashadokuro, Yokai of Forgotten Corpses

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered

Gashadokuro, Yokai of Forgotten Corpses

Gashadokuro

Yokai of Forgotten Corpses

This concept is for: Gods that deal the majority of their damage or healing over time

Pantheon: Japanese

Role: Guardian

Lore: (Have something interesting for this, but it's not perfect so...keep that in mind.)

On the battlefield lies a countless number of corpses. Soldiers who are injured or hungry are left to rot as their life slowly fade from their bodies. Yet, even as the flesh have long since left their bones, they remain. Their spirits are left hungry and angry as they hold a grudge against the living as they were denied a proper burial. This grudge continues to fester until the bones of these sprites gather together into one mass and form the Yokai known as Gashadokuro.

This Yokai roam the world at night, grabbing mortals and biting off their heads to drink their blood. Once the mortal is picked clean, they will stick the bones of the victim onto themselves to become bigger. The only way you know that they are near is if you hear a ringing sound in your ears.

As the battlefield of the gods grows in tension, this being arises once more and, now, seeks to devour the flesh of the gods who had abandoned them...

Abilities

Passive: Gathering of Bones
    Gashadokuro grows more powerful the more that die. For each god Gashadokuro kills or assists with, they gain a permenant stack. Each stack increases their power, protections, and health for a max of twenty stacks. Furthermore, Gashadokuro grows in size each time it gets a stack.

1 power, 2 protections, and 25 hp per stack for a max of 20 stacks. Max stacks: 20 power, 40 protections, and 500 hp. Doubles in size at max stacks.

Ability 1: Hunger
    Gashadokuro projects their spirits outward. Enemies caught are damaged and slowed. Furthermore, they will receive reduce healing for a period of time.

5/15/25/35/45 (+10% of your magical power) each tick every .4s for 2.8s.
    Reduce healing: 20/25/30/35/40%
    Slow: 10/15/20/25/30%
    Radius: 35 (cone)
    Cooldowns: 14
    Cost: 50/65/70/75/80

Ability 2: Cold Grip
    Gashadokuro's arm grows in size as it reaches out and grabs an enemy. If it is a minion, Gashadokuro will pull it towards itself and eat it. If it is a god, Gashadokuro will hold the god in place, causing the god to be crippled and rooted for the duration. Also, the god will be drained of mana and hp to be received by Gashadokuro for the duration he's holding the enemy god. He's unable to attack, but he can move.

Initial Damge: 50/80/120/160/200 (+20% of magical power)
    Drain: 3% of maximum health and 5% of maximum mana every .5/.5/.6/.6/.6s (during the root duration)
    Heal (minion): 100/150/200/250/300 (+30% of magical power)
    Root/Cripple: 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8
    Range: 60
    Cooldown (if it grabs minion): 16/15/14/13/12
    Cooldowns: 19/18/17/16/15s
    Costs: 70/75/80/85/90 mana

Ability 3: Ringing Ears
    Gashadokuro enters stealth and loses movement speed. When it nears an enemy, the enemy can hear a small ringing sound that grows louder the closer they get. When Gashadokuro attacks from stealth, it will grab an enemy god and drag them away. Enemies are silenced for the duration.

Initial Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+40% of magical power)
    Stealth: 5s
    Movement Speed reduction: 30/25/20/15/10%
    Drag duration: 2s
    Range enemies can start to hear you: 30
    Cooldowns: 15s
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90

Ability 4: Death Draws Near
    Gashadokuro doubles in size (based upon his current size) and grabs an enemy god. Gashadokuro is unable to move, but gains mitigation for the duration. Also, all god healing (both teams) is absorbed by Gashadokuro and enemies around it are slowed and lose power. Gashadokuro will deal damage to the god it's holding based upon the number of stacks it has. If the god falls under the threshold, Gashadokuro will eat them. If they don't, Gashadokuro will slam them into the ground and stun them.
    The enemy god that Gashadokuro grabbed is immune to ally damage. The enemy can heal Gashadokuro while his ult is active and, if they heal enough, Gashadokuro will simply slam the enemy god into the ground and root them rather than stunning them. (only applies to enemy healing. Allies can heal Gashadokuro without worrying about denying the ultimate.)

Example: If Gashadokuro grabs an enemy, all healing around him will go to him instead of healing everyone else. Ally healing will Gashadokuro's ult, but the enemy's healing might cause Gashadokuro to spare an enemy god instead of executing them if they heal enough in time.

Damage: Passive stacks*10 (+30% of your magical power) every 1s for 4s
    Execute Threshold: 25%
    Heal on Execute: 50% of enemy's hp
    Healing Requirement: 400/600/900/1200/1500
    Mitigation: 20/25/30/40/50%
    Slow: 30%
    Radius: 30
    Power Lost: 10/20/30/40/50
    Stun/Root: 1s
    Cooldown: 90
    Cost: 140

Stats:
    HP: 460 (+100)
    Mana: 250 (+35)
    Speed: 375 (+0)
    Range: 12 (+0)
    Attack Spd: .7 (+1.5%)
    Damage: 40 (+1.5) +100% of power (Attacks with hands)
    Progression: .5/.5/2x
    Physical Prot: 20 (+3.1)
    Magical Prot: 30 (+.9)
    HP5: 7 (+.8)
    MP5: 6 (+0.5)

Idea behind God:
    When I started thinking of a kit, I wanted to do something a bit different than normal. In the process of looking for a good choice, I remember this Yokai.

I had several ideas for the passive (such as lowering enemy mana over a period of time), but I decided to go with the part of its lore that said it grows in size the more bones it gathers. (from victims) I figured I would have it grow in size and not only become have it become more powerful for every kill and assist, but also have it look more the part as well by simply growing bigger.

The first ability I made essentially used the fact that it was created by staved ghosts. I made it where the spirits imparted themselves onto the victim and makes them feel their pain. This is also the reason why I added the healing debuff. The victims feel their hunger and the healing they receive isn't enough to satisfy them.

The second ability is just a pin, but he also steals hp and mana to take for himself. I also added the ability to ear minions if he hits them instead.

The third ability came from its ability to turn invisible, but, unlike Loki, it's actually slower when it's invisible. I also added the ringing the in enemies ears to give it some counter play (and lore accuracy). As such, I gave it a bit extra when it successfully captures someone.

The final ability was something I think is most unique. It's an execute, most people hate those, but it has a twist. First, all healing inside its radius goes directly to Gashadokuro. This includes ally healing as well. Second, Gashadokuro won't execute if the enemy team's healing meets the requirements to satisfy it. So there is some counter play to his execute, but he's still rewarded by the healing he receives from the enemy team.

Voice Lines:

Game start: “The living shall fear us….”

When buying consumables: "This will not sate us…”
    When buying consumables: "We desire the flesh of the living... but it will do for now…”

Low Health: “We need more bones…”
    Low Health: “Blood…we want blood….”
    Low Health: "We will never die... not again….”

When using 1: "Know our pain!...
    When using 1: “Suffer with us…”

When using 2: "You can’t run…”
    When using 2: "Your life wanes…”
    When using 2 (on minion): “Ah… the sweet taste of living flesh…”

When using 3 (on grab): “We have you now…”
    When using 3 (on grab): "Soon we will feast upon you…”

When using 4: "Now…we shall dine on divine flesh!...”
    When using 4: "Die, sate us, and then… join us…”
    When using 4: “You blood will fuel us…”

Ward Placement: "Nothing will go unnoticed…”
    Ward Placement: "They can no longer hide…”

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: “Your blood…. It…. Gives us so much… yet it is not enough…”

When buying offensive items: "The weapons of the living… we do not desire…but we will use…”
    When buying offensive items: "We will use it…to rip the flesh from their bones…

When buying defensive items: “Why…do we need this?...”
    When buying defensive items: "Protection?...from what?...

Joke: "A friend had a skeleton in a closet…. It was me….”
    Joke: " What do you call a skeleton who presses the door bell?... A dead ringer… now…answer the door…”
    Joke: What was stuck in a skeleton’s teeth?... You… Just kidding… *whispers* for now…
    Joke: People call us Susano-o... We tell them to stop watching Naruto...before we devoured them...

Taunt: "We hunger for you flesh… give it to us…”
    Taunt: "We will devour your flesh and gather your bones…”
    Taunt: "Ignore the ringing in your ears… it’ll stop soon enough…”

Killing Spree: “The blood of the divine!... We want more….
    Killing Spree: "We will never be satisfied...”

Death: “What…but… we haven’t had our vengeance…

Respawn: "We will not be stopped…”

Direct Taunts:

Bakasura: “We will now eat you instead…”

Fenrir: "You were destined to devour Odin in one bite…but you were instead…”

Ah Puch: “We don’t desire the flesh of the dead…but we will take the rest…”

Camazotz: “Give us your blood instead…”

(I ran out of ideas for direct taunts XD)

Feedback is appreciated and don't be afraid to ask about certain abilities. (Some of them might be confusing)
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 12-13-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Bumping for feedback.

God Concepts:

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    As an overall kit, I think it makes good sense and looks nice. The addition of growing in size especially works nicely into his being a guardian, so you can block more, but also become an easier target, which fits well. The kit as you have explained it in the "Idea behind God" section has good synergy. The CC is pretty nice too across all the moves. How you worked the invisibility lore in on a guardian and also added to your DoT challenge by putting with a pull/drag like Khepri is just BEAUTIFUL.

If I did have to criticize anything it would be related to the healing. His ult is based on a percentage of health, both for enemy and self, which generally you want to avoid. The percentage based one that Thanatos has also decreases his own already HP to do, so it helps balance it. Healing based on max of enemy health seems kinda weird, shifting for better effect actually on tankier gods. While, granted, your kill threshold is lower in comparison to other executes, most of the move seems similar to Ao Kuang, but even with best scaling he doesn't get close to 50% heal, AND you have a pretty good amount of healing required, on someone who is already getting all the heals, AND is invinincible during this, AND gets extra health from stacks anyway, AND healing from another ability. While I know guardians are supposed to be tank and not die as much, with all of these things, adding so much on the ult seems like you just don't want him to die ever. The addition to ao kuang is more alright cuz he is pretty squishy. Then again, you could have all of this, just to simply do a 1sec stun if you miscalculate their health bar and use up all that mana and planning. While the ult is very unique, it's also pretty OP and iffy.

However, in general, as a kit, it does look nice. You just need to lower stuff with the ult, or get rid of them. Make it a bit simpler and more balanced.

I'm no expert, but this is how I see it, would love to hear an explanation from anyone in defense of it as it is.

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Epibrutemetheos View Post
    If I did have to criticize anything it would be related to the healing. His ult is based on a percentage of health, both for enemy and self, which generally you want to avoid. The percentage based one that Thanatos has also decreases his own already HP to do, so it helps balance it. Healing based on max of enemy health seems kinda weird, shifting for better effect actually on tankier gods. While, granted, your kill threshold is lower in comparison to other executes, most of the move seems similar to Ao Kuang, but even with best scaling he doesn't get close to 50% heal, AND you have a pretty good amount of healing required, on someone who is already getting all the heals, AND is invinincible during this, AND gets extra health from stacks anyway, AND healing from another ability. While I know guardians are supposed to be tank and not die as much, with all of these things, adding so much on the ult seems like you just don't want him to die ever. The addition to ao kuang is more alright cuz he is pretty squishy. Then again, you could have all of this, just to simply do a 1sec stun if you miscalculate their health bar and use up all that mana and planning. While the ult is very unique, it's also pretty OP and iffy.

However, in general, as a kit, it does look nice. You just need to lower stuff with the ult, or get rid of them. Make it a bit simpler and more balanced.

I'm no expert, but this is how I see it, would love to hear an explanation from anyone in defense of it as it is.
    I'll see what I can do. I mainly made the ultimate have some counterplay if the enemy team has a lot of healers and I figured that having him steal his own allies' healing would balance it by making it a no-heal zone pretty much. Though I can see you point on it being bloated.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Not sure if this balances it out, but I removed his invulnerability and replaced it with mitigation. I also lowered the healing requirement slightly. In all honesty, I might've made it too weak now, but I'll wait for feedback.

Should I just remove the healing requirement entirely?
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 11-27-2016 at 01:18 PM.

God Concepts:

Member Follower Epibrutemetheos's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Actually this does seem nicer now. He gets some mitigation and absorbs healing, things a bigger target that is ulting might want, and making it team-play inviting. The healing requirement for the enemy is more acheivable, although not so easy as to make you not able to get execute when you want, especially since you are absorbing all heals except for the grabbed enemy's. The auras of CC and power debuff also play well into the team fight factor. Even if not executing, the CC's and time set up an easy kill for someone else on your team, which is one of the guardian's jobs. And now that the healing is based on the enemy's health rather than max, then you do get that helpful healing while rewarding you for a more significant kill.

Just checking, the duration is 4s overall as you have it now, right? Do the slows, power debuff,and every other effect last those same 4s until the execution, and then stop? Just for clarification.

I am not suggesting any more editing, I think it looks pretty good now. It's a pretty complex ult, including a lot of different things into it, so it's easy to look and just see a lot of parts that aren't that strong on their own. But its complexity and wide variety of utility all work together in ways that an unthinking enemy can be decimated by.

GOD CONCEPT & SKIN HUB

If I like you, I will open doors for you, give you two helping hands, and invite you over my threshold.
    If I don't like you, I will snipe you in the face, and then have all my friends come and beat up all of your friends.
    Sincerely, Janus

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Epibrutemetheos View Post
    Just checking, the duration is 4s overall as you have it now, right? Do the slows, power debuff,and every other effect last those same 4s until the execution, and then stop? Just for clarification.

I am not suggesting any more editing, I think it looks pretty good now. It's a pretty complex ult, including a lot of different things into it, so it's easy to look and just see a lot of parts that aren't that strong on their own. But its complexity and wide variety of utility all work together in ways that an unthinking enemy can be decimated by.
    They last until he executes yes. After that, he'll return to the size he was before he ulted.

Alright. Thanks for the feedback.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Concept challenge is nearing its end so I'd appreciate feedback if anyone has anything.

God Concepts: