Svaðilfari, Stallion of the Builder

Svaðilfari
    Stallion of the Builder

This concept is for: Gods with a defensive ult that are not guardians

Pantheon: Norse

Role: Warrior-Melee

Abilities

Passive- Great Haul
    Leaving the fountain, Svaðilfari gains 50% movement speed. Over the course of the next ten seconds, the builder will pile rocks into the cart, causing the speed to deteriorate. In exchange, Svaðilfari receives 3 power (5 power at level 10) for every 10% movement speed lost for a total of 5 stacks. . Svaðilfari loses his haul when he returns to the fountain.

Leaving fountain- 50% movement speed with 5% lost every second. Gains 3 power (5 power at level 10) for every 10% movement speed lost for a total of 5 stacks. .

(Former Passive) 5 power for every 10% movement speed lost for a total of 5 stacks.

Ability 1- Mighty Stomp
    Svaðilfari stomps the ground in front of him with great force, sending a small shock wave forward. If an enemy god is caught under his hooves, the god is rooted for 1s.

70/120/180/240/290 (+70% of your physical power)
    Root: 1s
    Radius- 25
    Cooldown: 12
    Costs: 55/60/65/70/75

Ability 2- Rock Hurl
    The builder slams his hammer into the pile of rocks in the cart, causing a huge portion to fly at a targeted area. When it lands, enemy gods are knocked back. Gods in the center are rooted for 1s. This ability causes the load to lighten and removes a stack from Svaðilfari's passive.

65/110/165/210/280 (+70% of your physical power)
    Radius-20
    Root Radius- 10
    Range- 50
    Root- 1s
    Cooldown: 14
    Cost: 50/55/60/65/70

Ability 3- Thundering Charge

The builder holds on tight and slaps Svaðilfari's hide as they charge forward. Enemies caught in their path are knocked to the side and are slowed.

50/90/140/170/200 (+60% of your physical power)
    Slow- 20% for 2s
    Cooldown- 16s
    Cost- 70/75/80/85/90

Ability 4- Makeshift Fortification
    Svaðilfari and the builder move with great speed and create a wall around a large area. The fortification is destructible. Allies can exit and enter through one of the four different doorways on each wall, but enemies are unable to enter. Allies within the walls gain power, atk speed, and movement speed. Allies will also regen hp while they're within the walls. Enemies caught within the walls lose power and attack speed, but gain movement speed. Enemies within the walls are allowed to use the doorways once to get out.
    Furthermore, if enemies are within a certain radius, minions will spawn and attack the enemy gods in defense of the fortification.
    Cannot be placed under enemy towers/phoenixes. Allies can shoot outside the wall (basics), but enemy basics hit the fortification (acts as a structure).

• Fortification:
      HP- 400/800/1200/1600/2000
      Protections- 30/60/90/120/150
      Radius- 30
      Duration- 8s
      Cooldown: 90
      Cost: 90/100/110/120/130
    • Ally Buffs (within the walls):
      Power- 10/20/30/40/50
      Atk Speed- 5/10/15/20/25%
      Movement- 5/10/15/20/25%
      15 HP5
    • Enemy Debuffs (within the walls):
      Power debuff- 6/12/18/24/30
      Atk Spd Debuff- 10/20/30/40/50
      Movement Speed Buff- 30% across all ranks
    • Minions:
      Damage- 10 (+15% of power)
      HP- 200/250/300/400/500

Stats:
    HP: 500 (+90)
    Mana: 230 (+35)
    Speed: 375 (+0)
    Range: 12 (+0)
    Attack Spd: .8 (+1.1%)
    Damage: 38 (+2) +100% of power (Horse uses his hooves to attack)
    Progression: 1/1/1/1.5x
    Physical Prot: 20 (+2.5)
    Magical Prot: 30 (+1.4)
    HP5: 9 (+1)
    MP5: 5 (+0.2)

Idea Behind god:
    When I first saw the theme for the contest, my first thought went to a god that could make a fortress to defend. After all, when most of us think of ults, we think of something game changing and they usually involve a lot of damage. However, there aren't that many ults that are just purely defensive. That's when I decided to go with Svaðilfari and have the builder tag along with him. (Sadly, the builder doesn't have a name)

The main purpose of the ultimate is to defend choke points, help allies, and defend objectives. The use of the ultimate also requires the player to strategically plan out when to use it and where. Doing so will allow the player's team to hold out for a long time and resist the push of the enemy.

The kit's designed to disrupt the enemy and pin down certain targets for a short period of time. The passive, however, was designed to enable Svaðilfari to leave fountain and get to the place he needs to go quickly.

Voice Lines: (The builder will do the talking)

Game start: “Let’s show them how us hard workers fight! “ *horse neigh*

When buying consumables: "Here Svaðilfari, try this.”
    When buying consumables: "Ah, good stuff after a hard day of building.”

Low Health: "Don’t overwork yourself Svaðilfari!” *Weak horse neigh*
    Low Health: *Breathes a sigh of relief* “Almost didn’t get out of that alive” *Weak horse neigh*
    Low Health: "Come on boy, let’s get you patched up.”

When using 1: "Smash them!” *Angry horse neigh*
    When using 1: "Stomp them into the ground!” *Horse Neigh*

When using 2: "Catch this!”
    When using 2: "Watch out!” *laughs*

When using 3: "Wait! Give me a second to-“ *Builder screams*
    When using 3: "Get out of the way!” *Loud horse neighing*

When using 4: "Let’s show you how real craftsmen build!"
    When using 4: "Try getting pass us now!”
    When using 4: "Nothing can tear down these walls."

Ward Placement: "Keep an eye out Svaðilfari." *soft horse neigh*
    Ward Placement: "The best defense is good map awareness.”

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: *Builder laughs* “Let’s haul this load back to the fountain!” *Triumphant horse neigh*

When buying offensive items: "This tool looks interesting…”
    When buying offensive items: "Hey Svaðilfari! I got something for you!” *Horse neigh*
    When buying offensive items: "Say here now. My tools are the best- oh… that actually looks pretty good.”

When buying defensive items: "New gear for building!”
    When buying defensive items: "We needed this." *horse neigh*

Joke: "Kids kept running on my lawn. That’s why I built a wall.”
    Joke: " Why did the horse cross the road? Because someone shouted Hay!” *Horse neighs and looks at builder*
    Joke: *Horse neighs* “Hah hah! Good one!”
    Joke: " Why are most horses in good shape? They’re on a stable diet!” *Builder laughs as horse neighs in annoyance.”

Taunt: "We’ll haul you all over the place… the catch is that you’ll be dangling from behind with this rope.”
    Taunt: "What? Never faced a horse that can beat you into the ground?” *Horse neigh*
    Taunt: "We can build things very quickly. Allow me to demonstrate by building you a casket…” *Angry horse neigh*

Killing Spree: "Ha! These guys have nothing on us!” *Horse neighs happily*
    Killing Spree: "Allow me to build a statue of me and Svaðilfari from your now broken gear.”

Death: " Svaðilfari no!” *Horse neigh of agony*

Respawn: "Let’s get them Svaðilfari!” *Neighs*

Direct Taunts:

Sol: "Hey! Are you here to give me my reward for building that wall? Thanks!”

Freya: "I wanted to marry you, but I think I’ll pass now.”

Loki:
    "This is for fucking my horse!" *embarrassed neigh*

Thor: "You bashed my head in with a hammer, allow me to return the favor…"

Vulcan: "You call that workmanship?!”

Odin: "You deal breaking, no good, son of a-!" *horse neighs*

Sylvanus: "My friend is better than your friend!”

Chiron: “Who’s the better horse now?” *neighs defiantly*

Guan Yu: “My horse can run circles around yours!”
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 11-20-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    As a whole I think this is fantastic! I can really picture this god in the game. I do have a few suggestions though:

Firstly, what do his basic attacks look like? Does he fight with his hooves, or does the builder fight for him?

The passive is great, but +25 power early game is OP. Perhaps the power should scale as he levels, with max 25 power at level 10.

The first ability is fine. Personally I think the knockback from his 2 would seem more fitting on his 1 instead.

The 2nd ability is my favourite and I love how it interacts with his passive. The damage is less than his 1 though and he loses stacks for using his 2. Maybe you should swap the damage numbers on his 1 & 2 to make it more balanced.

Unfortunately the 3 is boring for me. It's an exact clone of Chiron's dash. I'd like to see something fresh for his utility.

The ultimate is a good idea but it's not very practical. It comes with a lot of rules, and people who don't know those rules would just get confused and probably die (which isn't a bad thing, just not very fair). Also I would argue that by buffing allies it's not entirely a defensive ultimate.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    As a whole I think this is fantastic! I can really picture this god in the game. I do have a few suggestions though:

Firstly, what do his basic attacks look like? Does he fight with his hooves, or does the builder fight for him?

The passive is great, but +25 power early game is OP. Perhaps the power should scale as he levels, with max 25 power at level 10.

The first ability is fine. Personally I think the knockback from his 2 would seem more fitting on his 1 instead.

The 2nd ability is my favourite and I love how it interacts with his passive. The damage is less than his 1 though and he loses stacks for using his 2. Maybe you should swap the damage numbers on his 1 & 2 to make it more balanced.

Unfortunately the 3 is boring for me. It's an exact clone of Chiron's dash. I'd like to see something fresh for his utility.

The ultimate is a good idea but it's not very practical. It comes with a lot of rules, and people who don't know those rules would just get confused and probably die (which isn't a bad thing, just not very fair). Also I would argue that by buffing allies it's not entirely a defensive ultimate.
    He'll fight with his hooves.

I'll see what I can do with the 25 power.

Well it's a giant boulder so I kinda thought that the knock back would be best placed there. (that’s my thought process anyway)

I planned on his 1 being his main wave clear so that's why it's a bit higher. I'll change it if others think they should be switched though. Also, yes he loses a stack, but he also regains 10% movement speed for a few seconds before it turns back to normal so it kinda works out.

Not sure what to do with the three. I mean, it is like Chiron's (along with a few other gods') dash now that I realize it, but I'm not sure how to make it more unique. The best I came up with was knocking them to the side and slowing them.

The ultimate only gives the buff to allies within the walls. So, if an ally walks outside the walls, they no longer receive the buff. So it's strictly defensive in nature and it's supposed to be used to hold off the enemy team. It does have a lot of rules though so it might be confusing to people that see the god for the first time. I could probably remove the minion spawning, but I'll wait and see what others have to say.

Thank you for the advice!

Edit: For the passive, how does "Gains 1/2/3/4/5 power (at levels 1/3/5/7/9) for every 10% movement speed lost for a total of 5 stacks." sound?
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 11-19-2016 at 07:16 PM.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Yeah that passive works better (I think anyway) and don't go making changes if you don't want to I was just giving suggestions. I'm not an expert by any means so I could be wrong!

I know it is hard to make a dash or leap anything other than that, but because it's a horse and cart I feel something cool could be done. As to what, I don't know. Perhaps the horse could kick the cart behind him and dash away without it, but that would ruin the feel for the passive. I don't know. I'll come back here if I think of anything else lol
    Last edited by heyBRANNY; 11-20-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Achievements:
    Changed the passive to make it where he gains 3 power (5 power at level 10) for every 10% movement speed lost so it's a bit more fair early game.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 11-20-2016 at 03:18 PM.

God Concepts:

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    There are so many horse concepts being made recently. I guess they should rename the norse pantheon... the horse pantheon.

The Aztec Pantheon of God Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePsychoBear01 View Post
    There are so many horse concepts being made recently. I guess they should rename the norse pantheon... the horse pantheon.
    I found this to be the best option for the concept challenge so...yea. I didn't really pick Svaðilfari because he was a horse. I picked him for the lore he had.

Also, to be completely honest, I would've based this concept around the builder more if he had a name. As it stood, basing the kit mainly around the legendary horse was the next best thing.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 11-25-2016 at 10:33 PM.

God Concepts:

Junior Member Cupidhead Kazuma981's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    A horse... Dude you are a genius, your concept is awesome ! But, can you explain the passive please ? I don't really understand it...
    Hi ! I am a big fan of norse mythology and my favorite game is Smite ! If you are reading this it means that I am currently working on a God Concept or already have done it ! Go check it out !
    Here is a link for my favorite god and concept !

Here is a link for Seth !

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma981 View Post
    A horse... Dude you are a genius, your concept is awesome ! But, can you explain the passive please ? I don't really understand it...
    Thanks XD.

The passive pretty much allows you to leave base quickly, then switch it out with a passive that gives you power. Once you leave the fountain, a countdown starts. The builder starts throwing rocks in the cart as you traveling and the passive exchanges movement speed for power. So the passive gives you 50% movement speed in the fountain, but it changes to power over time when you leave the fountain. The purpose is to give you a boost out of the fountain, but then switch it out for a passive that gives you power once you get to your destination.

Example:

Leave fountain- 50% movement speed

2s out of fountain- 40% movement speed, 3 power (5 if level 10)

4s out of fountain- 30% movement speed, 6 power (10 if level 10)

6s out of fountain- 20% movement speed, 9 power (15 if level 10)

8s out of fountain- 10% movement speed, 12 power (20 if level 10)

10s out of fountain- 15 power (25 if level 10)

Hope I explained the passive well.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Concept challenge is nearing its end so I'd appreciate feedback if anyone has anything.

God Concepts: