Thread: Yudhisthira, King of Dharma

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered

Yudhisthira, King of Dharma

Note: This concept has been submitted for the November – December God Concept challenge for the theme: “Gods with a defensive ult that are not guardians” by Enigmatisty

Yudhisthira
    King of Dharma

Pantheon: Hindu
    Class: Warrior
    Pros: High defense

Please note I did not design and do not own this image. I just found it online on this website.
    In the game, he would wield a sword & shield. He would not have the bow & arrow shown in this picture.

LORE
    Yudhisthira was the eldest and most wise of the Pandavas – five brothers, acknowledged sons of Pandu. Together, the brothers fought and prevailed in a great war against their cousins. Celebrating their victory, Yudhisthira performed the sacred Rajasuya ritual at a festival where thousands attended. With this ritual, Yudhisthira created Dharma, a world wide kingdom over which he would rule, protecting religion all over the world. Now, chaos is among us. Gods have taken to the battlefield, and Dharma is at risk. With his sword and shield in hand, Yudhisthira will fight once again to ensure Dharma remains untouched.

BASE STATS
    Health: 480 (+85)
    Mana: 205 (+34)
    Speed: 375
    Physical Protection: 21 (+3.1)
    Magical Protection: 30 (+1)
    HP5: 8 (+0.6)
    MP5: 4 (+0.4)

BASIC ATTACKS
    Damage: 37 (+1.5) (+100% of Physical Power)
    Range: 12
    Attack/Sec: 1(+1%)
    Progression: 1/1/1.5x damage

ABILITIES

PASSIVE – Powerful Armour

Yudhisthira gains increased physical power for each protective item he owns.

Tier 2 protective items give +5 physical power
    Tier 3 protective items give +10 physical power

ABILITY 1 – Spinning Shield (Line Special)

Yudhisthira throws his shield in a line, dealing damage to all enemies it passes through. It spins in place for 2 seconds before returning to him, dealing an equal amount of damage on the way back. While the shield is spinning, Yudhisthira may activate this ability again to detonate the shield dealing area damage and knocking back enemies. If the shield is detonated, he will lose it for 5s giving him reduced protections for this time.

Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+50% of physical power)
    Area Damage: 50/100/150/200/250 (+40% of physical power)
    Radius: 25
    Protections: -35%

Mana Cost: 70/70/75/80/80 mana
    Cooldown: 10 seconds at all ranks, triggered at the return or detonation of his shield.

ABILITY 2 – Pandavas (Buff)

Yudhisthira harnesses the power of his brothers, gaining increased physical power for 6 seconds. If he kills an enemy God during this time, the duration is refreshed.

Physical Power: +20/25/30/35/40
    Duration: 6s

Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
    Cooldown: 10 seconds at all ranks, triggered when the buff expires.

ABILITY 3 – King’s Charge (Dash)

Yudhisthira charges forward with his shield, dealing damage to all enemies and stopping at the first enemy god hit. If he hits an enemy god, his movement speed is increased for 3 seconds. If Yudhisthira charges without his shield he will deal no damage.

Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+90% of physical power)
    Movement Speed: +7/9/11/13/15%

Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
    Cooldown: 8 seconds at all ranks

ULTIMATE ABILITY – Dharma’s Defense (Buff, Debuff)

Yudhisthira bellows a war cry, increasing his protections and marking nearby enemy gods with Adherance. Enemies marked with Adherance have their damage output reduced. If a marked enemy dies, Yudhisthira is healed for a percentage of their maximum health.

Protections: + 30/35/40/45/50%
    Damage Reduction: - 30/35/40/45/50%
    Healing: 30% of enemy’s maximum health
    Duration: 7 seconds
    Radius: 40

Mana Cost: 90/90/100/100/100 mana
    Cooldown: 90 seconds at all ranks
    Last edited by heyBRANNY; 12-27-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    My Diamonds: Ah Puch, Chang'e, Neith, Nox, Thoth

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Only 2 things strike me as needing change:
    1. King's Charge shouldn't lose out on damage for not having the shield. It sounds really awkward and needlessly debilitating.
    2. The protection buff on Dharma's Defense is a little too much. I say tone it down to 40% at max rank.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Only 2 things strike me as needing change:
    1. King's Charge shouldn't lose out on damage for not having the shield. It sounds really awkward and needlessly debilitating.
    2. The protection buff on Dharma's Defense is a little too much. I say tone it down to 40% at max rank.
    Thanks You're probably right about the ult. With the shield, because he could be dealing ~700 damage with his 1 (if he hits both the shield and the explosion) I wanted him to have some form of consequence for using it.. he's only without his shield for 5 seconds, but maybe I went too far!! HAHA

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    Thanks You're probably right about the ult. With the shield, because he could be dealing ~700 damage with his 1 (if he hits both the shield and the explosion) I wanted him to have some form of consequence for using it.. he's only without his shield for 5 seconds, but maybe I went too far!! HAHA
    Oh, and one more thing: I get that detonating the shield is supposed to do less damage than the double-hit because the latter is harder to confirm, but if you land a single-hit and then detonate, it actually does more damage. I advise making the detonation deal less damage to targets hit by the initial hit.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Oh, and one more thing: I get that detonating the shield is supposed to do less damage than the double-hit because the latter is harder to confirm, but if you land a single-hit and then detonate, it actually does more damage. I advise making the detonation deal less damage to targets hit by the initial hit.
    As this is his primary ability I want it to deal big damage (he is a warrior after all). I realise that if you land a single hit and detonate the damage is high, but I balanced it by making him have reduced protections and no damage on his dash if he does. If he does manage to land the return hit, good on him and he deserves the double damage!

One thing I'm now thinking, is that the return damage would probably make his wave clear OP. hmmmm.... god dammit!

*EDIT* - Amended scaling for protections AND damage reduction on ultimate from 40/45/50/55/60 to 30/35/40/45/50%
    Last edited by heyBRANNY; 11-17-2016 at 12:18 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Claymore07's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hirez does need to come out with a decent amount of Hindu god kits eventually.

Junior Member Cupidhead Kazuma981's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    This god is nice but really similar to Ares dont you think ?
    Hi ! I am a big fan of norse mythology and my favorite game is Smite ! If you are reading this it means that I am currently working on a God Concept or already have done it ! Go check it out !
    Here is a link for my favorite god and concept !

Here is a link for Seth !

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma981 View Post
    This god is nice but really similar to Ares dont you think ?
    Thanks he'd play a similar role yes, but the abilities are different enough.