Thread: Atargatis - Greek Mage "The Great Mother"

New Member Cupidhead RainyAngelite's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Atargatis - Greek Mage "The Great Mother"

Atargatis - The Great Mother Class: Mage

Passive
    Atargatis gains a stack (pearls) for every Kill (Minion = 1 God = 5, max 25 Stacks) Pearls 5,15 and 25 is 25 magical power 10 and 20 pearls is 5% Penetration

Ability 1 - Pisces
    Upon Activation Atargatis summons 5 Fish Enhancing her Power if re-activated is turned into a projectile

Ability 2 - Leap of Faith
    Atargatis shoots into the air and turns into shards of pearls and leaps away if there is an enemy god in her landing area they are slowed

Ability 3 - Sirens Song
    Atargatis sends out a stunning note that induces fear in gods hit for 4 seconds

Ability 4 - Transcend Constellations
    Atargatis turns into a Savage mermaid and shoots forward in a wave of pearls, This ability leaves a trail of pearls and fish that slow enemies when walked over but buffs speed on allies when walked over

Her "walk" is her sitting on a small clam floating around in a wrap shooting pearls out of her hands, for her 1 she throws her arms into the air, her 2 She Stands up and jumps, her 3 she puts her hand on her chest then swings it out sending a note out, her ultimate she stands up runs a step,jumps and twists into a wave twisting and landing on her way out

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Cool idea, but I feel her lore may be more suited to a Guardian. Especially as there are already 2 water mages (3 if you include ao kuang). There are no water guardians however, so she would be a nice addition there.

Her passive would need some restriction as you can get 25 stacks easily and having +75 magical power early/mid game is way overpowered. Perhaps something similar to Thoth where he 'unlocks' stacks as he levels. You would need to tone down the damage also if you're including both damage and pen in her passive.

Pisces sounds like a good ability idea but it needs more clarification on how it works. Does each fish add a certain amount of power? Can she lose them? How long do they last? Can she fire them individually? When is the cooldown triggered?

I like the leap idea - very unique. I assume the shards do damage when they land? Cause that's cool.

Sirens song - A fear could work well for the ability as a whole, but I just don't see the connection to her lore. She doesn't sound like a God that would fear enemies. Perhaps a knockback or a stun instead?

Her ultimate is a little underwhelming to be honest. It sounds like a clone of He Bo's ult. I would like to see it replaced completely with something a little more unique, but that's just my opinion (and I'm no expert!!)

Overall a good concept, just needs a little fine tuning
    My Diamonds: Ah Puch, Chang'e, Neith, Nox, Thoth

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead mergirl2003's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    Cool idea, but I feel her lore may be more suited to a Guardian. Especially as there are already 2 water mages (3 if you include ao kuang). There are no water guardians however, so she would be a nice addition there.

Her passive would need some restriction as you can get 25 stacks easily and having +75 magical power early/mid game is way overpowered. Perhaps something similar to Thoth where he 'unlocks' stacks as he levels. You would need to tone down the damage also if you're including both damage and pen in her passive.

Pisces sounds like a good ability idea but it needs more clarification on how it works. Does each fish add a certain amount of power? Can she lose them? How long do they last? Can she fire them individually? When is the cooldown triggered?

I like the leap idea - very unique. I assume the shards do damage when they land? Cause that's cool.

Sirens song - A fear could work well for the ability as a whole, but I just don't see the connection to her lore. She doesn't sound like a God that would fear enemies. Perhaps a knockback or a stun instead?

Her ultimate is a little underwhelming to be honest. It sounds like a clone of He Bo's ult. I would like to see it replaced completely with something a little more unique, but that's just my opinion (and I'm no expert!!)

Overall a good concept, just needs a little fine tuning

I agree with on pretty much everything you said. As long as she still turns into a mermaid for the ult I'll be happy. 👍🏼
    :P

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Nobody seems to have mentioned the 4 second fear..? 4 SECONDS

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead mergirl2003's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by tootalicious View Post
    Nobody seems to have mentioned the 4 second fear..? 4 SECONDS
    I didn't notice before, it seems that Hi-Rez wouldn't have the chance to make her completely unbalanced, she already came that way XD
    :P