Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Narcissus; The Cursed Flower

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered

Narcissus; The Cursed Flower

Disclaimer: My idea for this character was that of an effeminately beautiful male character, something that Hi-Rez has yet to add into the game. Unlike Nezha, who just looks more like a little boy more than anything else, the concept of a male character who was thin, mature but feminine-looking with long flowing hair, has an androgynous voice, and is generally delicate and graceful could add a spice of variety to the cast of characters. Not to mention, his kit explores a more effeminate side and shows that not just female characters have can a kit like this. Furthermore, it just seemed like Narcissus would be the perfect fit as he was described as being extremely beautiful, even as a child, and that he attracted both female and male suitors. I thought making him an effeminate form of beauty could accentuate that feature. But as Aphrodite is technically known as the Goddess of Beauty in-game, despite her kit having nothing to do with beauty but instead focuses on Love, I wanted to differentiate the two by having Narcissus' kit ACTUALLY focusing on his tantalizing beauty, his connection to the narcissus flower, and a hand mirror that symbolizes the strife that his reflection and vanity had caused him. He has special connections and in-game lines with Nemesis, Aphrodite, Apollo, Hercules, Cupid, Chang'e, and Hou Yi. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

SUBMISSION FOR THE NOVEMBER-DECEMBER GOD CONCEPT CHALLENGE: "GODS THAT DEAL THE MAJORITY OF THEIR DAMAGE OR HEALING OVER TIME"

The Cursed Flower

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pantheon: Greek

Class: Mage

Type: Ranged-Magical

Narcissus was an unnaturally beautiful young man of the town of Thespiai (Thespiae) in Boiotia, a son of the river-god Kephisos (Cephisus) and the fountain-nymph Liriope. Narcissus’ parents were worried because of the extraordinary beauty of their child and asked prophet Teiresias what to do, regarding their son’s future.

Teiresias told them that the boy would grow old only if “he didn’t get to know himself”. As he got older, he became celebrated for his beauty and attracted many admirers(even the god Apollo), both male and female, but in his arrogance, spurned them all. The suffering of two of these in particular, however, would bring down a curse upon him. The nymph Echo--a girl cursed by Hera to repeat only the last words of what was said before--was rejected by the young man, and fading away in despair, left behind nothing but an echoing voice.

The other admirer was the youth Ameinias, a man who became distraught when Narcissus cruelly spurned him. He killed himself before his beloved's door, calling on the goddess Nemesis to avenge him. His prayer was answered when she cursed Narcissus, causing him to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool. Gazing endlessly at the image, he slowly withered away and was transformed by the nymphs into a narcissus flower. Others say he was instead filled with remorse and killed himself beside the pool--and from his dying life's blood the flower was born.

But now that a new war between the Gods has begun, Narcissus has been reborn from his state as a flower--given a second chance at a new life, one to be hopefully filled with compassion and kindness to others. Perhaps he can learn to understand the strife of those around him, to turn over a new leaf. A life of empathy and true purpose beyond his porcelain perfection. He must do what he can to avoid being cursed once again.

Pros: High Crowd-Control, Pusher
    Difficulty: Hard
    Health: 350 (+65)
    Mana: 300 (+52)
    Speed: 360 (+0)
    Range: 55 (+0)
    Attack/sec: 0.80 (+0.5%)
    Physical Protections: 14 (+2.0)
    Magical Protections: 30 (+0)
    HP5: 6 (+0.4)
    MP5: 6 (+0.8)

For his basic attacks, Narcissus carries a small circular hand mirror within his palms and by rotating it slowly, releases small delicate flower petal shaped wisps that gradually float over to enemies to deal damage. The nature of his basic attacks is that Narcissus has the slowest attacking speed and projectile traveling speed in comparison to other mages, but the flower petals, as if dancing on the wind, seek out enemies and have a homing effect, meaning they are guaranteed to hit enemies so as long as they remain in range. The flower petals automatically attack creeps, but will prioritize enemy Gods who are closer or who attack Narcissus. If there are multiple enemy Gods near him, he can use his basic attacks in combination with his 1 to have the wisps directly seek out a specific enemy God.

Damage: 33 (+1.5) + 20% of Magical Power
    Progression: None
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive: Remnants of a Flower
    Ability Type: Buff, Ground Target
    Heal per flower: 50
    Mana per flower: 35
    Movement Speed per flower: +15% for 5 Seconds while in combat. 20% boost while out of combat.

Having been cursed for an eternity in the form of a flower, his presence brings about remnants of his former self as he travels throughout the map, causing narcissus flowers to sprout from the ground. These flowers are visible to both teams, though only Narcissus can gather them, and by doing so, they grant him and nearby allies health, mana, and a short burst of increased movement speed. These flowers continually spawn in random locations as he moves over the map, lingering for up to 10 minutes if not picked up, before spawning somewhere else. Additionally, due to the slow nature of his basic attacks, he has no movement penalty when using them, allowing him to attack enemies with his homing flower petals even while running away.

Ability 1: Enthrall
    Ability Type: Ground Target, Charm Pet
    Charmed Pets: 3/4/4/5/6 (At any given rank, only 3 can attack towers and phoenixes at a time, while the others stand watch for incoming enemies) for 90sec or until killed. Can be recasted on a pet to reset their timer. Charmed pets cannot be healed, but upon initial charming they have their base health brought up to 150 if it is innately lower plus 10% of Narcissus' maximum health.
    Enthrall Damage per tick: 25/35/45/55/65 (Can stack up to four times, with each stack causing an additional narcissus flower to sprout for the enemies head
    Movement Speed Debuff: 25% for 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5sec
    Attack Speed Debuff: 25% for 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5sec
    Cooldown: 5sec if used on minions, 15/14/13/12/11sec if used on Enemy Gods

Renowned throughout the land for his unnatural beauty, even the god Apollo found himself enthralled by the beautiful young man. A many withered away in sorrow when they were unable to have him for themselves. With just a gaze, Narcissus can charm an enemy. Charmed enemies have a narcissus flower sprout from their top of their head for the duration of the spell. If used on an enemy God, their movement speed and attack speed are slowed and they take damage over time. If used on a minion, they are brought under his control. Recasting the ability on a minion already under his control, resets the timer. Special minions such as the Fire Giant or the Gold Fury cannot be completely charmed. However, their attack speed and movement speed are slowed while they take DOT, similar to a charmed enemy God. Additionally, his homing basic attacks focus on the enemy God that is charmed, so as long as he/she remains in range. If he's already reached his limit on controlled minions when recasting the spell on new minions, it will only cause the DOT proc. However, he can release the charm on his currently controlled minions, which causes additional damage. If it is enough damage to kill the minion, he gets credit for it. Otherwise the minion reverts back to the enemy team. Unlike Nu Wa's clay soldiers, Narcissus' controlled pets follow him around until any enemy comes in to range.

Ability 2: Ephemeral Reflections
    Ability Type: Instant, Summon Pet
    Mirror Images: 1/1/2/2/3 for 60sec(cannot be reset) or until killed. Can only summon 1 Mirror image of another God at a time, but at max level can have 3 active simultaneously. Mirror images' health mimics the base health(not including health increase items) of the enemy God they are reflecting plus any bonus health the God receives for each time they level, meaning they gain a little more health each time the enemy God levels. Their other base stats function in the same manner.
    Cooldown: 10sec
    Root: 2sec
    Enthrall Damage per tick: 25/35/45/55/65

After having been cursed by Nemesis for his excessive vanity, Narcissus spent the last of his days longing for his reflection until he withered away into a flower. Using the reflections in his mirror, he can create a mirror image of the closest nearby enemy God. The mirror image immediately prioritizes the enemy God from which they mimic so as long as the enemy God is in range. If the Enemy God leaves the area, the mirror image attacks the next closest God or minions. The mirror image uses the God's basic attacks. The initial strike of the mirror image causes an Enthrall DOT proc(which can stack with any prior enthrall DOT proc that was already casted beforehand) and also causes a brief root on the enemy God. Mirror images do not attack towers or phoenixes. Recasting the ability on the current mirror image will not reset the timer, but it will create another mirror image should an Enemy God be in range.

Ability 3: Beauty Step
    Ability Type: Cone, Leap
    Confusion: 2sec and forces enemy Gods and minions to attack their nearest allies with basic attacks.
    Enthrall Damage per tick: 25/35/45/55/65
    Cooldown: 12sec

Narcissus' beauty has been known to bring people to the utter depths of despair and physical pain when he did not reciprocate their advances. With this spell, Narcissus uses his beauty to placate and beguile his enemies in front of him, making them temporarily unable to target him and instead causes them to target their allies, while also incurring an enthrall dot proc(which can stack with previous procs). After the initial placate, the action creates a sequence of four narcissus flowers that sprout from the ground behind him. Each step/skip he takes backwards onto them is in a sequence of predetermined steps that put him further away from his foes. His movements are delicate as he skips backwards from one flower to the next.

Ultimate: The Curse of Vanity
    Ability Type: Cone
    Polymorph: Turns enemy Gods and minions into a narcissus flower, cursing them in this stationary form for 2.5sec and completely removing them from the fight. They are unable to harm or be harmed in this form, but do incur the enthrall dot proc while in flower form. If they die from the dot proc while in flower form, the polymorph on them ends.
    Cooldown: 100sec
    Enthrall Damage per tick: 45/55/65/75/85 every .5 sec for 2.5 sec(duration of the polymorph)

Narcissus wants others to know how it feels to be a flower, even if just for a moment. Enemies who stand in front of his mirror when this spell is activated fall victim to their own reflection and become consumed with their appearance as Narcissus had. Those affected are transformed into a narcissus flower, completely removing them from the fight. They cannot harm or be harmed while in this form but due incur an enthrall dot proc for the entire duration of the polymorph until the transformation ends (which can stack with any pre-exsisting enthrall procs).

Narcissus is a mid-range mage who is squishy in comparison to most other mages, and because of this, relies greatly on his pets to keep enemies at bay. He makes an excellent jungler and solo-er, as he can push lanes and harass opponents and enemy Gods with his pets while further inching away at their health with his enthrall DoT procs. Because he lacks any real high-impact burst damage, he can be a tricky and difficult god to play, having to hide behind his pets for shelter and generating Enthrall DoT procs(which all of his abilities can stack on to it) as to compensate for low health and burst damage. However, he has more mana than most and his high level of crowd control, especially in slowing his enemies, helps him to outmaneuver, chase down fleeing enemies, or escape. Additionally, his ability to turn enemies against eachother can become invaluable to his retreat and his ultimate, which allows him to briefly remove key individuals completely from a fight can change the tide of a tough battle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wallflower

Masquerade Prince

Last edited by Keneticam; 11-14-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Interesting read, thanks! I love the idea of the basic attacks, the passive and the ultimate - they would be really cool to see! The 1st and 2nd abilities are certainly creative, I think the duration on both abilities would be way too long though. 3 mirror images also seems a bit excessive, I wouldn't want any more than 1 at all levels. Just my thoughts

PS - I already want that masquerade prince skin!! bahaha :")
    Last edited by heyBRANNY; 11-07-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,471
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 25000 Experience Points
    I like the kit, but IMO it'd make more sense for him to be a hunter considering he was..a hunter.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by heyBRANNY View Post
    Interesting read, thanks! I love the idea of the basic attacks, the passive and the ultimate - they would be really cool to see! The 1st and 2nd abilities are certainly creative, I think the duration on both abilities would be way too long though. 3 mirror images also seems a bit excessive, I wouldn't want any more than 1 at all levels. Just my thoughts

PS - I already want that masquerade prince skin!! bahaha :")
    Awwww I'm glad you liked it. The objective of this kit was to give people an unusual and alternative gameplay style from the typical fast paced style of most other characters. Your probably right about the duration on the first ability. But I used Neith's backflip slow debuff as the basis for this one, as hers scales in the exact same way. But I guess for something like an escape, it works, since shes putting herself away from the enemy. For an attack ability, ur probably right that it might be too much? What do you suggest. Maybe a 2sec slow at all levels?

Now for the second ability...I looked up characters who had dominate crowd control capabilities, with with Nox's shadowlock, it last for 2 seconds. Warranted, it is a line ability and requires skillshot, so u recieve the benefits of ur efforts. Maybe dropping it down to just 1 sec is fair after all.

But 3 Mirror Images may seem like alot, but you have to think about how much damage an opposing team dishes out. Think about Nu Wa's minions...they get slaughtered so easily. So at max...each mirror image can survive for 60sec if left unkilled. He can only summon one at a time, with a 10sec cooldown.

So by the time the second one can be created, the first only has 50sec left, and thats assuming it hasn't already been pulverized by the enemy teams insane damage output. And by the time the 3rd one can be created, only 40sec remaining on the first, and only 50sec remaining on the second. In the heat of battle, its unlikely they will all be active at the same time. The idea is that he can summon them relatively often because they will most likely get destroyed just as quickly. He needs to be able to keep enemies at bay to supplement his squishyness. And charmed minions are even weaker than the mirror images, so he is the type who always needs to have some kind of small army active to keep himself in the fight. While enemies are focused on his pets, he can attack them with his basic attacks and deal Enthrall DOT proc to eat away at their health. He lacks any burst damage to immediately scare someone off, so he has to play a bit more strategically and passive.

Where as someone could just shoot a massive fireball and take away a chunk of health instantly, the cc from his abilities are there to help him stack enthrall dot procs as that is generally his main form of damage. Harassing enemies with his pets while taking away their health bit by bit is key to his playstyle I think.

Your right tho. That masquerade prince skin is to die for. I'd kill for it too! LOL With that skin, its like a Tier4 skin, so pretty much everything changes, and the mirror becomes that ornate hand mask. hehe

I plan on adding Voicelines too I think. Just to add a bit more flair.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaios View Post
    I like the kit, but IMO it'd make more sense for him to be a hunter considering he was..a hunter.
    Hahahahahaha this is true....while I did consider making him a hunter, I found it difficult to think of an alternative weapon for him, since I wanted to avoid giving him a bow since most of the current hunters already use bows to begin with.

I found that I had more creative freedom making him a mage and playing off the more symbolic aspects of his lore, rather than some of the literal facts like his being a hunter. The hand mirror symbolizes his obsession with his reflection, while the flower based skills symbolize his curse as a narcissus flower, and the crowd control is a play off his beauty being able to manipulate others.

So while I could have made him a hunter and ur probably right that I should have, I think his uniqueness and the deeper meaning to his kit offsets that one detail. lol
    Last edited by Keneticam; 11-08-2016 at 01:20 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead manlymoostach's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Amazing and unique idea. I'd really want to play a god like this, but I think that his 3 passives are a bit OP. Maybe remove the built in Hastened Fatalis and then he would be balanced
    Polyphemus god concept: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-blind-Cyclops

Moros god concept: Click here or die

Thanatoast skin concept: I can't even

I really like cheese sammiches, but only if the cheese is mozzarella.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by manlymoostach View Post
    Amazing and unique idea. I'd really want to play a god like this, but I think that his 3 passives are a bit OP. Maybe remove the built in Hastened Fatalis and then he would be balanced
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it!!! But the reason why he has no movement speed debuff when using his basic attacks is because they are so slow. Not to mention, Narcissus has the slowest attack speed of all mages, among others. And his health is amongst the lowest of the mages. If he were penalized for using his basic, he'd be too punishable cause enemy Gods would be able to easily gank him before his slow moving projectiles even hit. This way, it balances out, allowing him to move around freely as these slow moving projectiles move towards them. They have to be mindful of his projectiles and his positioning instead of outright being able to right punish his weakness. His passive, and 3 are there to help his survive-ability. They compensate for his lack of major burst damage(that most other mages can use to keep enemy Gods at bay) and his squishyness.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    So do the enthrall DOT's stack and then have to be activated by his 1 or do they go off automatically and put the ability on cooldown immediately

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    So do the enthrall DOT's stack and then have to be activated by his 1 or do they go off automatically and put the ability on cooldown immediately

I suppose my usage of the term "Stack" isn't typical to how its used in the smite community. Thats my fault for not differentiating. How it works is that the enthrall DOT starts automatically if an opponent is hit with an ability, and then the ability immediately goes on cooldown. Its not stacking as in u build up a meter of sorts until you get enough to create an effect. By stacking, I mean, for example, say an enemy god is trying to bully you and is in your face. You can hit the enemy god with your one(slowing him down and causing an enthrall dot proc) and then immediately use ur 3 to escape(causing the enemy god to attack his closest nearby allies while also "Stacking" or rather layering on another proc of enthrall dot). So essentially, uve evaded his attack while doubling the amount of damage he takes because now he has two enthrall procs of 5 ticks chipping away at his health. So assuming both abilities are maxed to rank 5, and used on the enemy God in quick succession, he'll be losing a total of 130health per tick, for 5 ticks, totaling to 650 health. So though he may seem squishy(which he is), he can actually dish out a good bit of damage. And thats not including magical power items. Because his pets and basic attacks are generally more of a distraction to harass the enemy team, and because he lacks any burst damage, his unique ability to layer on ticks of enthrall dot allows him to keep up with the damage of other mages who can use just one burst damage ability to take away the same amount.
    Last edited by Keneticam; 11-08-2016 at 09:43 PM.

New Member Cupidhead ottenbeast's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    This is Karl again I would love to play that God for some reason it won't let me sign in with the same name when I log in with Xbox what do me do