Thread: God Concept-Polyphemus the blind Cyclops

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead manlymoostach's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points

God Concept-Polyphemus the blind Cyclops

Hi, this is my first god concept so I'm not very sure how it works. If anyone thinks that an ability name should be changed or if one the abilities deals too much damage then please say so.
    Some stats have been changed. Look at Post #7 to see the updated version

I was thinking he could look something like this but maybe with a little less spikes

He would be a Greek Warrior
    Abilities:
    P. Monstrous frenzy/bloodthirsty-Every time that Polyphemus kills he thirsts for more. Every kill gives Polyphemus 1 stack. Stacks last for 10 seconds. Max 5 stacks. Every kill refreshes timer on all stacks. 5 Physical power (+1per 5 levels) per stack.

1. Boulder-Polyphemus throws a boulder crushing all minions, and stunning and damaging the first god hit.

2. Blind rage-Polyphemus enters a rage mode, decreasing his defenses in exchange for increased attack damage and attack speed.

3. Swallow-melee target/Polyphemus grabs a minion and eats him, restoring health. If Polyphemus grabs a god, the god is stunned then thrown back taking damage and dealing damage to all enemies he passes through.

4. Poseidon's Curse-aoe/Polyphemus lets out a mighty roar and curses his enemies, dealing damage, slowing and reducing protections of all enemies in the area.

Stats for abilities

Notes:
    His passive works similarly to the Bakasura passive but it increases a different stat.
    In his 1 when it says "crush minions" it means do damage and maybe make a little flattening animation after which they continue as normal.

Hope you liked it.
    Last edited by manlymoostach; 11-01-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Because there is a glitch with the stats picture I'll just write them here:

Passive-Attack buff 5 (+1 per 5 levels) per stack. stack timer refreshes on new kill. time for stack is 10s

Boulder- damage:70/110/150/190/240 (+30% physical power)
    stun:0.5s/0.75s/1s/1.25s/1.5s
    Range:55 Cost:60 all ranks Type: Projectile Cooldown:14/13/12/11/10

Blind Rage- Self protection reduction: 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%
    Attack increase: 20/25/30/35/45(+100% of defense sacrificed)
    Attack speed increase: 30% all ranks
    time active-6 seconds
    Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 Type: Self Buff Cooldown: 12 seconds all ranks.

Swallow- Damage: Instakill minions. Buff holders are killed only under 30%.
    Damage to grabbed god-70/130/190/250/310(+30% physical power)
    Damage to minions/gods hit by thrown god-100/150/200/250/300(+35% physical power
    Stun to caught target-0.5s
    Range: melee target Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 Cooldown: 18s all ranks

Poseidon's Curse- Damage:250/325/400/475/550(+80% physical power)
    Slow:30%
    Protection Reduction-20%
    Range-40 Cost-90/95/100/105/110 Type-ground Cooldown-80s all ranks

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Yo, as as tip from a Deviantart user, next time instead of linking to the respective page, after finding your image, right-click and click "Open image in a new tab" (or sth like it).
    And the result should be like:

Then, copy the link I've targetted (you know, which one, you just did it one step too early) and then it will look like:

I'm a bit out of time right now, so with a review, wait a bit and then I'll write a bit more. For now I can say that his trait is like Bakasura's and his third ability is like Kumbhakarna's Throw Back and Bakasura's Eat Minion combined into one ability.
    My concepts!

Just a classic fanatic of walking near enemies at 10 health and joking as High Sea Sobek
    Favourite gods? I think they'll be respectively:
    Sobek, Nox, Amaterasu, Nemesis, Izanami (all the sexiest ones!)

Meanwhile Full AP Xing Tian soloes Fire Giant

Achievements:
    Thanks for the tip. About his 3, it is exactly that, but because it's a combination of those attacks it is weaker than each seperate ability.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    So, a bit more extended version of review:

• As I've mentioned, trait is the same as Bakasura's in exception that each of them grants another stat. So, the solution for this may be to change the ability completely, or just make it somewhat unique. In example, you could make him gain 0.5 (+0.01*lv) physical power for each stack, stacking up to 100 times, but make the stacks lose upon death and gain 5 for god kills. Similar, yet not the same.
    • Boulder Toss is also a bit dull. Compare it to Fafnir's Hammer Toss - toss and stun. But Fafnir's deals more damage and has slowing aura, which also makes it somewhat unique. Your boulder is plain. So again, try to add something that would make it unique. Also, as he is a warrior, compare it's damage to other warrior's damaging abilities, like Hercules. And then you'll see that this boulder happens to deal no damage. I would suggest you to add shatter effect - so the boulder would explode upon hitting an enemy god and deal shatter damage to all enemies within it's range (including main target hit). Example damage would be something like 60/110/160/210/260 (+30% Power) main damage with 1,5 seconds stun at all levels plus 20/35/50/65/80 (+30% Power) shatter damage, resulting in 80/145/210/275/340 (+30% Power) damage to primary target. Seems powerful? That's what warriors have - great bases, low scalings.
    • The frenzy in his 2nd ability is fine, as for me, you can keep it this way. Or you would better make that the protections lost are static and attack bonus from lost armor scales with level (i. e. 60%/70%/80%/90%/100% of lost protections as bonus attack damage while losing always 15% protections). Or you could make it passively increase protections by let's say 5/10/15/20/25, and when ability is on cooldown it doesn't grant any, but for the duration increases attack damage by 10/20/30/40/50. Not as impactful as your version, but seems a bit more balanced. Also, movement speed buff would be also good for enrage. As I've analyzed this ability deeply, I realized that it could grant 150 bonus attack damage. That's way too much, so better also change this one. Not that I want you to stop making concepts, just want to help you make good and balanced gods (although balance differs for all players).
    • The third ability, as I said, is just combination of Bakasura's Eat Minion and Kumbhakarna's Throw Back. I would personally make it more unique among the other abilities, but looking at some newer gods, you may keep it as is. But I would personally increase the scaling. I know he has lots of power, but if you take full AD Polyphem (assuming that he'll have 300 physical power, you won't have more of it with Smite items) it will deal 90 bonus damage. And then you'll notice that wizard Geb was not as bad as he is. So, the scaling can be even doubled without making him too strong.
    • The ultimate could be more intriguing, but at least it's pretty balanced, if not very goodly blanced. Think of something brand new and intriguing, or just keep it as it is.

So, finalizing your MMH6's cyclops, you've done not bad job, although it could be better. But we all know, that wisdom comes with experience and age, so I know that next ones will be much better. Good luck with this one and the new ones!
    My concepts!

Just a classic fanatic of walking near enemies at 10 health and joking as High Sea Sobek
    Favourite gods? I think they'll be respectively:
    Sobek, Nox, Amaterasu, Nemesis, Izanami (all the sexiest ones!)

Meanwhile Full AP Xing Tian soloes Fire Giant

Achievements:
    Thanks for the advice. I'll start changing some of the stats/abilites soon.
    Polyphemus god concept: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-blind-Cyclops

Moros god concept: Click here or die

Thanatoast skin concept: I can't even

I really like cheese sammiches, but only if the cheese is mozzarella.

Achievements:
    Ok, afterthe advice of Nathill I have changed Polyphemus a bit. His abilites are now:
    Passive:Monstrous frenzy-Every time that Polyphemus kills he thirsts for more. Every minion kill gives Polyphemus 1 stack and every god kill gives him 5. Max 100 stacks. 0.1 Physical power per stack (+0.1 per 5 levels [Max 0.5 per stack at level 20]).Half stacks are lost upon death (Like Doom Orb)

1. Boulder: Polyphemus throws a boulder crushing all minions. If the boulder hits an enemy god the god is stunned and the boulder shatters throwing out sharp fragments in a cone. If the enemy is affected by The Curse of Poseidon then fragments are sprayed in a full circle around the main target. (shatter also hits main target)
    Main Hit Damage-60/110/170/210/260 (+30% physical power)
    Shatter Damage-40/55/70/85/100(+ 30% physical power)
    Stun-1.5s
    Range-55. Spray Range-20
    Cost-60, Type-Projectile, Cooldown-14/13/12/11/10

2. Blind Rage:Blind rage-Polyphemus enters a rage mode, decreasing his defenses (Magical and Physical) in exchange for increased attack damage, attack speed and movement speed. If the enemy is afflicted by The Curse of Poseidon then All of Polyphemus's basic attacks for the duration will also slow
    Self Protection Reduction-15%
    Attack Buff-60%/70%/80%/90%/100% of decreased defense
    Attack speed/Movement Speed Buff-Both are 30%
    Slow-20%
    Slow Time-2s
    Cost-40/50/60/70/80, Type-Self Buff, Cooldown-12s
    3. Grab: Polyphemus grabs a minion and eats him, restoring health. If Polyphemus grabs a god, the god is stunned then thrown back taking damage and dealing damage to all enemies he passes through. If the enemy god is affected by The Curse Of Poseidon then after landing he is also disarmed
    Damage-Instakill minions. Buff holders are killed only under 30%.
    Damage to grabbed god-70/130/190/250/310(+60% physical power)
    Damage to minions/gods hit by thrown god-100/150/200/250/300(+70% physical power
    Stun-0.5s
    Range-Melee target, Cost-80/85/90/95/100, Type-Melee Target, Cooldown-18 Seconds all ranks
    4. Poseidon's Curse: Polyphemus lets out a mighty roar and curses his enemies, dealing damage, slowing and afflicting all enemies with The Curse Of Poseidon for 15 seconds. This gives Polyphemus's other abilites extra effects, and the afflicted god takes 20% increased damage from minions/jungle monsters
    Damage-250/325/400/475/550(+80% physical power)
    Slow-40%
    Slow time-3s
    Range-55, Type-Cone, Cost-90/95/100/105/110, Cooldown-80s
    (the cone's width is equal to the width of Nemesis's Full Slice and Dice)

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I like the concept, the flavor is good which smite is lacking this sort of monstrous flavor
    We are big kids let's act like it.
    I Master all but main 4
    Nemesis VI
    Medusa IV
    Odin III
    Zeus III

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by honorflight View Post
    I like the concept, the flavor is good which smite is lacking this sort of monstrous flavor
    Thanks. I thought Smite needed to add some more monstrous characters to it's roster

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BloodyLord1's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    amazing concept <3