Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 3.20 complete datamining

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthrig View Post
    What the chance that hirez will listen and nerf hunters? Yeah thats right, 0. They buff them whole time actually. I would like to see melee deal more damage than ranged, that was always the reward. Ranged is supposed to deal less damage cause they arent risking it as much as say melee who has to put himself into all aoe/ranged attacks etc bullshit. Like whats the point playing melee god in Smite.. go Ullr jungle and 100-0 enemy jungler at level 6. Balanced yo.
    there's something called early game and some gods named nemesis kali and merc

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    A lot of Warriors have and had such buffs and debuffs though.

Amaterasu and soon Nike being put to the side:

Bellona gives massive buffs to her team with her ultimate.
    Guan Yu has massive heals and reduces protections.
    Old Odin had a massive group wide ATK Speed Buff. His ultimate also used to give a lot of stat boosts and benefits to not only him but his allies if I remember correctly while they were in the cage.
    Osiris is able to reduce the damage dealt by enemies by a tremendous amount.

We could argue that Chaac does qualify here as well with his massive AOE Slow and Silence, but I really did not want to take CC into account here, but the scale at which he does this is still noteworthy.

That being said, nothing really new.
    osiris is only mitigating the dmg they do to him from tethered people, not reducing any dmg from enemies

amaterasu is to me a supportive warrior and nike shall fall in that group

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Book of Thoth better be useful on him

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    All those stuff are local, temporary and mostly have to do with the way the warrior works for himself, the team benefit as a side effect. The exception is Odin, his ultimate benefiting the team more than him (unless you build him for basic attacks so he can kill alone inside the cage). Even Guan's heal has an egoistical part, the CDR for the rest of his kit. Amaterasu and Nike give constant buffs just by being there.
    Semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by IceQueenLaSaia View Post
    osiris is only mitigating the dmg they do to him from tethered people, not reducing any dmg from enemies
    Osiris flings out mummy wraps, tethering himself to all nearby enemy gods. Targets hit deal reduced damage over the next 4s. The tether can be broken by targets moving far enough away from Osiris. Targets still in range when the duration expires are stunned.
    Osiris isn't mitigating damage. He is reducing the damage dealt of the affected targets, not only against him but against everything they go for.

On another note, it also used to reduce Healing done by the given percentage, but I am not sure if that is still in the game or has been fixed by now.
    Last edited by PapaRodin; 10-22-2016 at 09:22 AM.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Osiris isn't mitigating damage. He is reducing the damage dealt of the affected targets, not only against him but against everything they go for.
    is that confirmed? in the tooltip it says osiris gains mitigations against targets tethered and stuns them after a short time if they're still inside. that's what i had read when i first started at least, i'm reading on gamepedia it is damage reduction which i may ask if it affects minions aswell

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Every Fatalis effect counts, no matter the total count, so the same goes for Cabrakan. Rama as well by the way.
    I actually never noticed Rama had a Fatalis effect on Rolling Ass Salt. The more you fucking know.

The thing about Fatalis effects that only proc once is that they effectively make that one basic attack another ability that doesn't slow the user; if Seismic Crush were just a very short cone that Cabrakan could fire while having a speed boost, it would pretty much be the same. Even counting Rama and Cabrakan, that's still not even a tenth of the god roster (excluding Thoth because he's subject to change) who has this trait. That's not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I actually never noticed Rama had a Fatalis effect on Rolling Ass Salt. The more you fucking know.
    Now that you all mention it, I haven't noticed it either...and I play Rama a lot.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by IceQueenLaSaia View Post
    is that confirmed? in the tooltip it says osiris gains mitigations against targets tethered and stuns them after a short time if they're still inside. that's what i had read when i first started at least, i'm reading on gamepedia it is damage reduction which i may ask if it affects minions aswell
    The tooltip makes itself very clear, it only targets gods, so no minion damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post

The thing about Fatalis effects that only proc once is that they effectively make that one basic attack another ability that doesn't slow the user; if Seismic Crush were just a very short cone that Cabrakan could fire while having a speed boost, it would pretty much be the same. Even counting Rama and Cabrakan, that's still not even a tenth of the god roster (excluding Thoth because he's subject to change) who has this trait. That's not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
    Athena also has Fatalis in her passive. She gets no movement penalty when throwing the Reach-Spear.

I may or may not forget some but I am too lazy to check for myself right now.

The thing with ignoring the basic attack penalty is that it can be a very cool effect that can influence the way a god plays in pretty cool ways.

Taking Rama as an example, while I do suck with ADC, I love the very small ways in which Rolling Assault allows you to reposition yourself using the role itself, then also allows you to have that one Fatalis shot (that deals more damage) come out immediatly without the penalty, allowing you to deal damage while also letting you better your position even more for following shots. Rolling Assault also comes on a fairly short cooldown, so there is a very strong and cool gamestyle idea around this ability for a hunter that I personally very enjoy.

Having abilities like these in the game does get devalued though by having an Item like Fatalis in the game in the first place that lets everyone have this mechanic, but without any real limitiations. And to top it off, this recent/semi recent trend of giving any god who may or may not be able to use it this Fatalis effect devalues the good applications for this effect even more.

Looking at this year alone, we are getting or have gotten 3 gods with build in fatalis effects alone. That's ridiculous.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    There's actually a major advantage in natural Fatalis vs. the item. Every ability with a Fatalis-like effect allows you to miss and not be slowed. The item only applies its effect if you don't miss.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Achievements:
    The tooltip makes itself very clear, it only targets gods, so no minion damage reduction.

Athena also has Fatalis in her passive. She gets no movement penalty when throwing the Reach-Spear.

I may or may not forget some but I am too lazy to check for myself right now.

The thing with ignoring the basic attack penalty is that it can be a very cool effect that can influence the way a god plays in pretty cool ways.

Taking Rama as an example, while I do suck with ADC, I love the very small ways in which Rolling Assault allows you to reposition yourself using the role itself, then also allows you to have that one Fatalis shot (that deals more damage) come out immediatly without the penalty, allowing you to deal damage while also letting you better your position even more for following shots. Rolling Assault also comes on a fairly short cooldown, so there is a very strong and cool gamestyle idea around this ability for a hunter that I personally very enjoy.

Having abilities like these in the game does get devalued though by having an Item like Fatalis in the game in the first place that lets everyone have this mechanic, but without any real limitiations. And to top it off, this recent/semi recent trend of giving any god who may or may not be able to use it this Fatalis effect devalues the good applications for this effect even more.

Looking at this year alone, we are getting or have gotten 3 gods with build in fatalis effects alone. That's ridiculous.
    i meant the damage gods make to ally minions