Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacking...and why its dumb

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePoorOne View Post
    All I learned from this post is that "rando casuals" must not understand how to play SMITE very well if they're trying to box when they got their stacking item first. Stacks are ultimately more useful going into the mid-late game phase where you're actually meant to start fighting, roaming, ganking, and pushing objectives.

Trans alone can give you ~100 power at Lv. 20, depending on how much base mana your chosen hunter has. It's the best item to have for gaining damage.
    qin does more (120 dmg + 15% speed on basics compared to 100 dmg)

crit does more (20% dmg increase without even counting db passive)

it's only for abilities

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    Here is why they buy them and here is why you shouldn't.
    Wait, where?

Even though I have nothing against an early Ichaival, this did nothing at all to convince me to build it.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IceQueenLaSaia View Post

it's only for abilities
    (Trans)

If you're doing a non-stacking Qin's build with no crit, you'd be lacking power even with Bloodforge compared to if you had Trans.

If you're doing a non-stacking Qin's + Crit build, you'd still have less power as compared to one with Trans, meaning lower burst damage, but a higher chance of getting that lower burst.

If you're doing a non-stacking Crit build, you have a higher crit chance, but less power for burst hits.

It's also dependent on which God you pick, as some Gods benefit more from stacking compared to others.

If you're playing Neith, you could go Trans + Crit for an ultimate cheesy-burst build, or if you're going Jing Wei, who has that 20% Crit Chance steroid for 3 shots, you could go Trans to abuse that high burst with the steroid to make up the lower crit chance. If you're playing Rama, it might not be worth stacking so you can abuse the early game, and still make it to late with good damage.

It's just really up to what you prefer.

Personally, what I've been doing lately (which I've been getting hella bmed for doing) is Bloodforge > Ninja Tabi > Executioner/Wind Demon > Deathbringer/Malice, which doesn't involve stacking at all, but is still that cheesy 700 crit late game hunter build that everyone hates and despises. It has been working out pretty well for me, if I could actually aim consistently in the early-mid game stages.

The only thing that I agree with is that Dev Gloves aren't really all that worth it, and is just being built as a cheap lifesteal item with damage.
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePoorOne View Post
    (Trans)

If you're doing a non-stacking Qin's build with no crit, you'd be lacking power even with Bloodforge compared to if you had Trans.

If you're doing a non-stacking Qin's + Crit build, you'd still have less power as compared to one with Trans, meaning lower burst damage, but a higher chance of getting that lower burst.

If you're doing a non-stacking Crit build, you have a higher crit chance, but less power for burst hits.

It's also dependent on which God you pick, as some Gods benefit more from stacking compared to others.

If you're playing Neith, you could go Trans + Crit for an ultimate cheesy-burst build, or if you're going Jing Wei, who has that 20% Crit Chance steroid for 3 shots, you could go Trans to abuse that high burst with the steroid to make up the lower crit chance. If you're playing Rama, it might not be worth stacking so you can abuse the early game, and still make it to late with good damage.

It's just really up to what you prefer.

Personally, what I've been doing lately (which I've been getting hella bmed for doing) is Bloodforge > Ninja Tabi > Executioner/Wind Demon > Deathbringer/Malice, which doesn't involve stacking at all, but is still that cheesy 700 crit late game hunter build that everyone hates and despises. It has been working out pretty well for me, if I could actually aim consistently in the early-mid game stages.

The only thing that I agree with is that Dev Gloves aren't really all that worth it, and is just being built as a cheap lifesteal item with damage.
    if i'm doing a build without trans i have more dmg lategame. period

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    if i'm doing a build without trans i have more dmg lategame. period
    lol have a good time late game vs a hunter with trans.

The math you showed is inaccurate. A build with trans helps you in the long run for objectives and extra power.

If you are one of those players that build 3 crit items then LOL I spit at you because it's theoretically gold consuming and useless.

Qin Sais
    +40 Physical Power
    +15% Attack Speed
    On Basic Attack hits, deal Physical Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health. This only affects gods.

it's only for abilities
    Props to this one not even doing the math and strawmanning it while trying to prove a constructive post wrong as it hits the mark.

Trans and Qins works well together, trans and crits works well since its more power over what build you are going with.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 10-12-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Everyone just calm down, stfu and build boots+ichaival.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    lol have a good time late game vs a hunter with trans.

The math you showed is inaccurate. A build with trans helps you in the long run for objectives and extra power.

If you are one of those players that build 3 crit items then LOL I spit at you because it's theoretically gold consuming and useless.

Qin Sais
    +40 Physical Power
    +15% Attack Speed
    On Basic Attack hits, deal Physical Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health. This only affects gods.

Props to this one not even doing the math and strawmanning it while trying to prove a constructive post wrong as it hits the mark.

Trans and Qins works well together, trans and crits works well since its more power over what build you are going with.
    a hunter lategame has 2000 hp. 4% of that is 80. you doing 80 dmg on basics plus 40 power and 15% speed equals having an item that offers 120 pow and 15% speed

and lategame a malice over trans does also more no matter how you look at it. if you run qin with 2 crits you do more than trans qin 1 crit and same dps to adc than trans 2 crits. if running qin 3 crits also does more than trans qin 2 crits

i don't tend to run triplercrit and i don't run trans cause both are inefficient

boots asi qin 2crits forge/situational does more than trans does

on forge case u lose 25 pow to get extra lifesteal and that shield and if u tell me in a teamfight as adc u killed nobody well then u can stop playing adc

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Ive made it a habit to rush Ichavail from time to time, imo it gives a HUGE advantage early game.
    However, hunters are late game characters, Trans. is a late game item so they go well together. Bit of a shitty early but the power late is destructive.

a hunter lategame has 2000 hp. 4% of that is 80. you doing 80 dmg on basics plus 40 power and 15% speed equals having an item that offers 120 pow and 15% speed
    I don't think you understand how any of this works. Not even sure if you're trolling or didn't bother to read item description at all.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Im gonna stick to stacking items but thanks
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Def trolling on IceQueen's end. That logic hurts a good percentage of my brain on a cellular level. I'll post some logic from my good friend Archon:

Averaging season 3 crit build is far easier than one from Season 2.

Sadly crit falls off in effect after 2 crit items unless the third is Poison Star.

So you are either going WD/PS centric and not for raw DPS...or you are going WD/DB and Trans.

Let's not forget Trans alleviates mana issues upon building.

With that tidbit of insight. I would like to point out you can't have pen without power because it's useless to hit max pen and have no damage to be sufficient in your job. What's wrong with Trans and BF in the same build? You are still getting the extra power compared to most items in the item choices you have.

It's like building a bridge without a hammer because you have a wrench.

Also little miss muppet, that logic regarding Qins doesn't work that way. Please try again.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 10-12-2016 at 08:53 AM.