View Poll Results: Who is the most suitable guardian to play in ARENA ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ares

7 33.33%
  • Athena

0 0%
  • Bacchus

3 14.29%
  • Cabrakan

1 4.76%
  • Fafnir

1 4.76%
  • Geb

2 9.52%
  • Khepri

0 0%
  • Kumbhakarna

6 28.57%
  • Sobek

0 0%
  • Sylvanus

0 0%
  • Terra

0 0%
  • Xing Tian

0 0%
  • Ymir

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DEBATE: Top 5 guardians most suitable for ARENA

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered

Lightbulb DEBATE: Top 5 guardians most suitable for ARENA

Hello once again, this is gonna be the last class, cause I already covered the other four.
    Same drill, pick the number 1 guardian in arena, write down the other four in the comments.
    I'll count the answers (the ones with provided arguments will be taken into consideration more than those without) and write the guide on somewhere around October 18th - 20th

My top 5 picks:

1. Ares - Mainly cause of the ultimate that requires most gods to buy beads. Also the chain cripple is nice too.
    2. Terra - Great CC, good mobility and has healing.
    3. Bacchus - Good engage, great CC, decent mobility, strong ultimate.
    4. Athena - Very mobile, Ultimate useful in arena where the players are often crowded, has mediocre CC.
    5. Fafnir - Super tanky, quite mobile, has some support abilities, but vulnerabe at the end of the ultimate.

Gods I considered replacing with Fafnir:

Ymir: Wall to block gods like Mercury, dangerous freeze, strong ultimate.
    Sylvanus: Great healing and pulling squishies. Lacks mobility and damage.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    1. Ares - If you are playing him in arena, go kill yourself you sweaty arena main (I hate that boy. Get max CDR real quick and just spam ults to waste beads)
    2. Bacchus - CC, tankyness, Ult. Can save a team mate.
    3. Kumba - Tank, Great initiator, Great Team saver (mez), Amazing passive that can bait arena main greedy idiots
    4. Fafnir - damage, CC, Initiator, Team buffer,
    5. Ymir - press 1, press 3, press 2, Press 4 and 100-0 a squishy with all defense items! Yay for guardian Dmg

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    1. Ares.
    2. Bacchus.
    3. Kumba.
    4. Cabrakan.
    5. Ymir.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    1. Ares - If you are playing him in arena, go kill yourself you sweaty arena main (I hate that boy. Get max CDR real quick and just spam ults to waste beads)
    2. Bacchus - CC, tankyness, Ult. Can save a team mate.
    3. Kumba - Tank, Great initiator, Great Team saver (mez), Amazing passive that can bait arena main greedy idiots
    4. Fafnir - damage, CC, Initiator, Team buffer,
    5. Ymir - press 1, press 3, press 2, Press 4 and 100-0 a squishy with all defense items! Yay for guardian Dmg
    You don't need the 1 for Ymir in many cases. I personally use it if I want to save a teammate, escape by putting a wall behind me or if I want to disrupt someone (the wall gets in the way and they can't see anything as a result). Blink is useful.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Ares
    Bacchus
    Athena
    Kumbha
    Sobek

Kind of hard because all of them realistically are really good in Arena. I'd would say the worst is Khepri but he still at least can save 5 tickets of loss with his ult.
    Last edited by Goobis; 10-08-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Has Terra been terribly nerfed recently ? Otherwise I don't get why you wouldn't mention her

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    People are overlooking the importance of defensive guardians. I've carried teams with Khepri and Slyvanus in Arena - everyone is so offensive that peeling that away or saving your own idiot John Rambo allies with a revive/shield is the difference between a win or lose.

Then there's the plague of arena - solo minded kill hungry assassins. No one seems to build defense - it's up to you to baby sit the back line as no one else will. I'd take a Sylvanus over a Cabrakan or Fafnir anyday who are less suited to the open space of arena.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    ares
    terra
    ymir
    bacchus
    kumbha

not even a doubt

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Ares, Bacchus, Athena, Fafnir and either Xing Tian or Cabrakan for me.

Ares because the damage coming from his chains is ridiculous, no matter the build and because his ultimate is his ultimate.

Bacchus because he is one of the best and hard to counter initiators in the game (jump + knockback in one ability, quick and next to no ways to prevent/counter), has high burst and AOE Damage and great tankiness.

Fafnir because he has great damage and mobility, decent zoning, is able to avoid a lot of stuff with his ultimate and, of course, increases his parties damage by a lot. Good CC too.

Athena is Athena. Great damage, great CC, keep the pressure up and your enemies will relent. Her ultimate is very strong as well.

Xing TIan, especially after his buffs, is strong overall. Good damage and a massive tool for a lot of things in his ultimate.

Cabrakan, well, the bias is speaking here a bit, but he is also very good. Strong Burst, very tanky, lots of CC and Zoning.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    People are overlooking the importance of defensive guardians. I've carried teams with Khepri and Slyvanus in Arena - everyone is so offensive that peeling that away or saving your own idiot John Rambo allies with a revive/shield is the difference between a win or lose.

Then there's the plague of arena - solo minded kill hungry assassins. No one seems to build defense - it's up to you to baby sit the back line as no one else will. I'd take a Sylvanus over a Cabrakan or Fafnir anyday who are less suited to the open space of arena.
    You can save your team with offensive Guardians as well. Yes, even Cabrakan counts, I've played a match as him where I've stopped enemies from touching my fleeing allies with my ult more than once, the stun also helps. Then again, you can simply kill them before they kill your teammate.