Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Skadi?

Junior Member Cupidhead TryAndKickMe's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered

Thoughts on Skadi?

Skadi is rather underplayed yet seems to be a fun god. Why is it everyone thinks she is so weak that she is never played? I always seem to do well with her and have over 20k player damage and more often than not over 6k structure damage. Her ult combos well with some gods (Odin,Hades,Bakasura,etc) and beats down others rather well (AMC, Artemis, Apollo). Thoughts?

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    For Conq, it's because she lacks escape and has no strong CC and CC immunity.

I love to play Skadi in joust and Siege, maybe clash.

But overall there are better hunters than her.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Junior Member Cupidhead TryAndKickMe's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    For Conq, it's because she lacks escape and has no strong CC and CC immunity.

I love to play Skadi in joust and Siege, maybe clash.

But overall there are better hunters than her.
    Well, i guess that makes sense. She is rather enjoyable on clash in my opinion. Haven't actually played her on Conquest yet. Too many people auto-lock and i tend to be the nice guy that runs as fill.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    It's mostly because she has no mobility. Me, I like to do Skadi mid as she can put up a very aggressive game early on and her combo can easily kill a squishy mage, with her drawbacks being no sustain, no mobility, and mana-hungry.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    her multiple nerfs had no absolute reason to be. dog doing only 90%? why even?
    root on an ult that doesnt even give cc immunity lesser than neith 1?

all she has to help her get a way is her 3 as speed buff/light cc and his 1 to slow down someone but both are better as chase than escape.
    also the fact that the dog cant proc auto effects makes her lategame automatically weaker than every other adc cause like it or not the dog only gives a 45% dmg increase to skadi because of the halved attack speed

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    I think she needs some nerfs reverted or some buffs given, the fact she has no CC immunity and no escape and doesn't get a huge movement speed boost like AMC makes things pretty difficult for her.
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like Skadi. Skadi is great in joust, siege. Conquest not so much.

Her problem in conquest is no escape (even artemis has MS buff), very mana hungry. Great in lane fights, sucks in jungle fights no leap to escape or to reposition. Ultimate only a root, is an ult you know, can't it be at least a root/cripple.

Only time I see Skadi in conquest is when once in a blue moon I had to fill adc.

Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTard View Post
    Only time I see Skadi in conquest is when once in a blue moon I had to fill adc.
    I've been told "no brain" yesterday because I played her.

Well, she's just the best backdoor char. She is REALLY strong. Build Crusher, Sneak, wait for minion wave and one tower/phoenix down...or more.
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    She is pretty awesome, i mained her for a bit.

She doesn't need any buffs, except i would like cc immunity on her 4, like some hunters have (Artemis, Anhur, Medusa, Jing Wei banishes herself and others) since she has no escapes. But that's it, mana issues are perfectly dealt with Transcendence and everything else comes naturally.

Skadi may be underrated, but that's because people asked her nerfs, while she was released balanced. It's always like this in MOBAs.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ProfoundDreams's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    To be honest, a decent - good Apollo should be able to beat Skadi no problem. Since you're saying she's underplayed, I'm guessing you're talking about Conquest because in Duel, she is a top tier god and pretty cancerous. Well, not her, but Kaldr.

The reason she's weak in conquest is simple: She relies on Kaldr a lot. Here's the thing though: Even though Kaldr is better than Skadi, he's way easier to kill. When you're in the duo lane, you're against a tank and a hunter/mage hunter. They can aa Kaldr before he can even reach that God, all the while getting help from their support. After that phase, the team fight comes in. In a team fight, Kaldr gets annihilated because of all the abilities and attacks thrown around. So, what's left? Basically her 1 and 3... Her 2 is Kaldr and her ult, well.... You need Kaldr to make it good.

Also, she has no real means of escape and low mobility, even if she puts the ice patch underneath her, its diameter is too small to make much a difference.

Sure, Artemis has no escapes; even less than Skadi, but she has a steroid (For Skadi, it's Kaldr), a root that cripples and a 3rd ability that slows. She has more CC and better too, plus her passive is really great late game. Oh, yeah, Skadi's passive is also Kaldr... So, there are 2 abilities, plus her passive that rely pretty much on Kaldr and 2 abilities that are for Skadi, but 1 of them giving a damage boost to Kaldr...

That's why she's under played. Trust me though, in modes like Clash, Joust, Siege and especially duel, she's played quite a lot.
    Last edited by ProfoundDreams; 10-17-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Favorite Gods:
    Chang'e
    Ratatoskr
    Vulcan
    Osiris
    Awilix
    Hun Batz
    (Questions about these gods? Builds, tips, combos, mechanics? Message me and I'll help! Diamond Nemesis too, but I lost the fun in playing her, but I know pretty much everything about her.)

Love playing gods with outplay potential and the ones that require skill. :3

Panthera/NRG for the win.