Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 3.19 Halloweenin' datamining

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I'm not speaking based on the size of the weapon. Guan Yu is a god as of the time the events of Smite take place, so he probably has supernatural strength. I'm referring to the Green Dragon Crescent Blade's rings, which would interfere with its ability to cut through a target (which I'm assuming it's for, since that's how he uses it and it doesn't look like a spear).
    Even a Nine-Ring Guan Dao (which I assume is what Green Dragon Crescent Blade is) has an use, mainly for distraction and blunting an opponent's blade when blocking.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoHel View Post
    Even a Nine-Ring Guan Dao (which I assume is what Green Dragon Crescent Blade is) has an use, mainly for distraction and blunting an opponent's blade when blocking.
    Distraction? What warrior worth his salt will actually be distracted by a bunch of rings? And how do the rings do anything to blunt an opponent's blade?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Distraction? What warrior worth his salt will actually be distracted by a bunch of rings? And how do the rings do anything to blunt an opponent's blade?
    Easy, it's like hearing multiple bells tolling. You get the picture. Every single trick counts as long as you win.

And the rings themselves have something to do with even disarming, although I'm not sure how that is done exactly, will have to research more.

EDIT: Apparently the whole blunt/disarm thing is tied to a certain Chinese Guan Dao Martial Arts technique.
    Last edited by TheoHel; 10-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    The Guandao being his historical weapon itself is likely a myth (it would be several hundred years later that it was most commonly used). Most of his achievements were fictional, attributed to Luo Guangzhong when he wrote Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Others belonged to others like that of Sun Jian.

Still why are we talking of mythical gods in a video game and viability of weapons lol. If we go that route why is a notorious lying squirrel of the Yggdrasil tree so deadly haha.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    The Guandao being his historical weapon itself is likely a myth (it would be several hundred years later that it was most commonly used). Most of his achievements were fictional, attributed to Luo Guangzhong when he wrote Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Others belonged to others like that of Sun Jian.

Still why are we talking of mythical gods in a video game and viability of weapons lol. If we go that route why is a notorious lying squirrel of the Yggdrasil tree so deadly haha.
    I don't know about the weapon itself being a myth, there are some sources that claim the Green Dragon Crescent Blade is displayed in Purple Cloud Temple in China, that one weights 48 kg.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I like the Idea on Nike summoning Spartans, or at the very least sweat shop workers who throw shoes at targets. Honestly as long as her kits better designed than the last warrior we got I'll be happy.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Forgive my ignorance, but who is Nike?
    The goddess of victory. Like someone else pointed out, the shoe company, Nike, originated from Nike. She'll probably have a basketball skin in the future or something like that. Since you know, sports and all.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Forgive my ignorance, but who is Nike?
    Nike is the Greek goddess of victory. She and her siblings (Kratos, Bia and Zelus) were the children of the titan Styx, and helped Zeus during his war against the titans. They were afterwards appointed guardians of the Olympian throne.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Every time I see people saying "Nike" all I can think about is that damn sports brand..

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Every time I see people saying "Nike" all I can think about is that damn sports brand..
    Well, they DID name themselves after the goddess.