Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 3.19 Halloweenin' datamining

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Still more original than anything that could logically pass for Nike's kit. At this point I seriously hope HR goes balls out crazy on her and ditches any trace of lore.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Thank you Theo for summing up my thoughts. The goddess of what the fuck is coming up? Victory? What's gonna make her kit?
    "Nike channels victory all over her, doing 100/150/200/250/300 damage and slowing for 2 seconds."
    What would Ares's kit be? "Ares covers himself in war, gaining X power." What would Athena's kit be? "Athena reads a book, regenerating X mana for Y seconds." Hell, what would AMC's kit bee? "Ah Muzen Cab rolls around in a pile of dead bees, to which he's allergic. His body swells in various places in reaction to the bees, and he gains X protections and Y attack speed." Just because a god is associated mostly with an abstract concept doesn't mean they don't have kit potential. Nike flies. There could be something about that. Beyond that, they just have to come up with stuff for her to do.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Bees aren't abstract and have a rather easy theme. They coexist in hives, fly around in swarms, make honey and defend themselves with stingers. I named all of his abilities in one sentence. Ares had a couple of other things that helped make his kit that were not related so much to him but rather chaining his statue, and the only "unique" ability is his 3, the one that does not fit. Athena has an extremely generic kit, which I expect from Nike as well.

Senior Member Prestigious NecroPheonyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Bees aren't abstract and have a rather easy theme. They coexist in hives, fly around in swarms, make honey and defend themselves with stingers. I named all of his abilities in one sentence. Ares had a couple of other things that helped make his kit that were not related so much to him but rather chaining his statue, and the only "unique" ability is his 3, the one that does not fit. Athena has an extremely generic kit, which I expect from Nike as well.
    Nox has an abstract kit. I expect Nike to be something like Kayle from League.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroPheonyx View Post
    Nox has an abstract kit. I expect Nike to be something like Kayle from League.
    Kayle's kit resembles some already existing gods, like Freya and Aphrodite.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoHel View Post
    Kayle's kit resembles some already existing gods, like Freya and Aphrodite.
    Combine the two and you have Cancer-I-I mean Kayle...

Still, a warrior that has some sort of support-ish ability like a heal would be cool.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Athena's kit isn't really generic. Her passive is a little like Hun Batz's, but it's radically different in practice. Her 1 is unique in that it's the only normal ability in the game that you have to charge up, and then use; the only others like it are ultimates. Her 2 is one of the few taunts in the game, period. Her 3 is the only ability that activates twice over a fixed time period, doing the same thing each time. Her ult is the only ability of its kind in the game. She's got a clearly defined playstyle that's not 100% like anything else in the game.

Ares's entire kit is unique, save perhaps for his 2, and I think his 3 is based on the old phrase "the flames of war."

I only mentioned bees beecause...come on, they're bees! Who gets up in the morning and thinks, "You know, I'm going to make a god whose kit revolves around FUCKING BEES."

Still, a warrior that has some sort of support-ish ability like a heal would be cool.
    Yeah, and maybe he could have a really impractical-looking polearm, and he could ride around on a horse for his ult!
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 10-06-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Yeah, and maybe he could have a really impractical-looking polearm, and he could ride around on a horse for his ult!
    No, it would be a big sword and wings. Plus it's a she. With hopefully a single target heal and some other form of support type ability.

And hopefully not a beard...

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post

Excuse you, but Guan Yu's guan dao is only impractical for those who are too weak to even lift it. (data shows it may have weighted from 18 to 48 kg)
    Last edited by TheoHel; 10-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Achievements:
    And hopefully not a beard...
    The beard's not on her face, but in her pants...er, toga, more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoHel View Post
    Excuse you, but Guan Yu's guan dao is only impractical for those who are too weak to even lift it. (data shows it may have weighted from 18 to 48 kg)
    I'm not speaking based on the size of the weapon. Guan Yu is a god as of the time the events of Smite take place, so he probably has supernatural strength. I'm referring to the Green Dragon Crescent Blade's rings, which would interfere with its ability to cut through a target (which I'm assuming it's for, since that's how he uses it and it doesn't look like a spear).

Muh Concepts