View Poll Results: Do you like my suggestions.

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they look great.

4 30.77%
  • No, I think this would do more harm then good.

1 7.69%
  • I agree and disagree with certain things.

8 61.54%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some suggestions for Nu Wa, to make her better.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class

Lightbulb Some suggestions for Nu Wa, to make her better.

So a couple things are bothering me about Nu Wa, she's considered to be an example for a balanced utility mage in Smite and I'm here about to suggest buffs to her...why?

Nu Wa is underwhelming. She's bad early, but good for the rest of the game; she's not great at anything. Why is she like this? Why isn't she just on the same level for the entire game or at least have a high point since she's bad early. The current way she works makes her usefulness questionable.

The buffs are going to center around making her early game more manageable and making her overall usefulness better.

-Her passive needs to be changed.
    Right now her passive has very and I mean VERY limited use. Both using and acquiring the stacks for her passive is bad, redundant and makes her a worse god for it. It's suppose to be another source of CC, but you have to go out of your way to make it work, which a passive should never be that.

My suggestion is to make all her abilities get better depending on how many of her abilities are on cooldown. I don't have a good name for the new passive.

-Mysterious Fog gets increased life time 1/2/3 seconds.
    -Clay Soldiers get an added slow to their charge. 5/10/15% for 1.5 seconds.
    (Note: If your first ability to go on cooldown is Clay Soldiers, that will not proc the passive.)
    -Shining Metal gets more range 5/10/15
    -Fire Shards will mark enemies revealing them on the map for a total of .5/.75/1 seconds longer.

-Change her ult from a dash into a jump.

Pretty simple, the title says it all. She literally flies up into the air, but she can't go over a wall...this would help her get away so much more. A couple more things I would also add to her ult.

-Increase the travel distance a bit to allow her to accomplish that the primary suggestion a lot easier.
    -After her Fire Shards hit, make her go down a lot faster. Right now the current time is 2 seconds, make it .5 seconds at the very least. That way she isn't a sitting duck.

-Help Nu Wa escape.
    She currently doesn't have an escape, and her 1 is literally worse then garbage. You can't actually hide your team in it, she can't escape in it, and your worse enemy, which are Assassins, are faster then you when you're in your fog and it doesn't help that every single Assassin can easily break your stealth then unload all their CC on you pretty much killing you.
    Now, not all of these are suppose to be chosen, only one.

1. Increase her base movement speed to 370 (437 w/ boots).

2. Make her fog give ONLY Nu Wa hard stealth; your allies get light stealth. This means if they want to kill you, then they really have to commit instead of killing you on their way to the solo/duo lane.

3. Make her fog give her and her allies light stealth for 1.5 seconds after leaving the fog.

Edit: Light Stealth gets broken by damage, while Hard Stealth doesn't get broken by damage.
    Last edited by LunarFrost; 09-25-2016 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Cleaned up points.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    wtf is light stealth?

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by babycookie View Post
    wtf is light stealth?
    Stealth that gets broken by damage.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Ok what do you mean by hard stealth?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    Ok what do you mean by hard stealth?
    Stealth that doesn't get broken by damage...

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well i am for the idea to change her Ult and her passive.

But i talked about that in so many other Nu Wa threads before......i dont want to do it again right now.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Nuwa's passive only use one of her gems the earth one.
    What if her passive gives a special effect on each of the gem she uses ?
    Her passive would charge like Agni Ultimate like every 15s for example, and the first ability she uses when the passive is up gain a speial effect :

Water --> Mysterious Fog applies a 20% slow for 2s on every gods it encounters (refresh on every tick)
    Metal --> Shining metal gets a 15% flat penetration
    Fire --> Every Gods hit by Fire Shards get burn taking 5(+10% magical power) damage for 4s every second.
    Earth --> Nu wa next basic attack root her target for 1s.
    Last edited by Xaoyu; 09-25-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead BellonaOfRome's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Your suggestion for ult is very good. She should be able to get out of Odin's cage with her ult for example.

The passive needs some work though imo, as it does not have much impact with full CDR (which is my play style). I'm thinking of some lore-friendly passive here. Nu Wa is a goddess of creation so I'm thinking for every hit from her minions inflicted on the enemy gods she gets some kind of stacking buff because she is happy that her creations are doing good. It can be a movement speed buff to help with escape, or maybe a power buff. MP5 buff can also be a good idea especially for early game.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    How about just make her ult more like ao kuangs?

She goes up, which takes a minimum of 1.5 seconds of animation time, she then has 2 seconds to chose a new landing spot, and the bomb happens when she chooses where to land, which then triggers a 1 sec landing animation. If she chooses a new spot, she lands there, perhaps auto summoning a few 1/3hp un-explodable soldiers upon landing (or something else fun and theme related).

This makes it slightly harder to anticipate exactly when to pop your sanctuary against her, effectively giving her ult a "buff", while also giving her some much needed mobility and escape, (but not too much since its a long cd), all in one handy package.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Well i am for the idea to change her Ult and her passive.

But i talked about that in so many other Nu Wa threads before......i dont want to do it again right now.
    That's fine, you showed your support to change Nu Wa, and that's all that's needed