Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tips for a new player

New Member Cupidhead StygianWarrior21's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 373

Tips for a new player

So i started playing SMITE Thursday and i must say that i LOVE IT ! It's a really neat and gameplay-wise crisp game and it is definitely addictive . It's not without say that because I'm a noob , not only because I'm new on SMITE but also because it's my first MOBA, that i got isntantly flammed and insulted because i didn't knew my job . I did know that some of the community was hardcore and not noob-friendly . My favourite Gods are Anhur and Ymir . Can you guys give me some tips on those Gods but also how to deal with flamers ?

Cheers
    Titus

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You should get paired with other new people. If someone is flaming then it probably isn't their main account. They are probably horrible and can't play once the matches get harder. You can put them on ignore and report them for harassment but that is about it.

If you want to play Ymir a lot of people will expect you to be on the frontline, help lockdown the enemy mainly with your wall and freeze breath, and save teammates when things go south.

I don't really know Anhur that well so I would just end up giving basic hunter advice which is attack speed, crit, and lifesteal.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Whodat2345's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    It will take some time to learn the game,so don't get discouraged. My main tip is learning the items, sounds boring but look and read what items actually do rather than using "auto buy" or just buying random items. Also game modes like arena/joust/clash are better for starters rather than conquest. As Ymir your job is to set up other players as well as saving them from harm with your wall/freeze. Like I said, it will take some time to learn items and what to exspect from different gods and how to counter them. Will come with practice

Ps. Here is a old video of me playing Ymir, may help with how to position yourself.
    https://youtu.be/WtbP_bf6oR8
    Last edited by Whodat2345; 09-17-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Senior Member Honoured SilentKnightAvS's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...layer-in-SMITE

There is a lot of information in this thread on how to learn to improve at Smite, especially if you're a new player. Me and a lot of other fellow forumers posted their tips there.
    Everything i post in my threads/reply to other threads is my own opinion towards the game. I do not claim to know everything nor do i claim to be the best at anything. So keep that in mind before you throw your inner elitist at me.

Favourite skin: Steel Samurai Susano
    Favourite god: Hades

New Member Cupidhead StygianWarrior21's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Thanks guys ! WhoDat and Silent Knights thx for the tips cause they really helped me . Shinigama thank for the support dude !!
    Glad to meet people on the other side of the community ... the good one .

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,035
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Dont worry, there are always flamers. Its same in real life lol
    to the Topic, i personally improved by looking for more information on basically everthing. You wont learn the game in an instant, knowledge is the best weapon ^^
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    The best tip I can give you is to learn the game. A lot of people I brought to the game got pigeonholed into "maining" a few gods, don't fall into that trap. The best way to play against a god, is to know that god yourself. Play every god, get a feel for what they're good at, and it will make your favorites even stronger.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    You'll get better as you play the game.

Just keep playing you will learn to use the keyboard better, build gods, have game sense, etc
    Its all about how fast you can learn

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    You can add me or anyone here if you want people to play with. It makes early stages a lot more bearable and anyone here will have some great insight as to how you should build.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Best tips I can give is don't "main" a god until you've tried a bunch of them and found one you gel with.

Don't queue Conquest until you have watched a guide on it, know the basics of each role and have at least 3-5 gods from every role mastered.

Don't use build guides from the internet unless you are willing to understand why they are building each item and what they do. Also if possible try to figure out why they built it where they did. For example Deso and Rod of Tahuti are great items, but they're expensive and underwhelming until you've got a core build up, so you're very unlikely to see them built in core items or even 4th item.