Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Bancroft Talon vs Pythagorem Piece - Why ppl still use Bancroft?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Chosen ZetoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,660
    9
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes. Thank you my dear colleague. This is a much better analysis for comparison and contrast purposes, possessing information and little else. I greatly appreciate how your writing tone has shifted closer to neutrality, as this reads more like a scholarly report, and less like a impassioned sales pitch. I will experiment with your build alterations next "free gold" MOTD and record the findings.*

    Now, back to your original question: I challenge you to find a situation where building Bancroft's makes sense. Can you analyze Zhong, Anubis, or Hades? Where can you not complain about someone picking it up? What is it's niche? Is it satisfying that niche? If no niche may be found, is a buff in order from HiRez for it to gain purpose in your sober opinion? If so, in what manner?


    ~Leaving at this for now~
    Thanks for appreciate my comparison. I thought earlier that you are just another person who dont care about arguments.
    Anyway sorry but Im bored of this topic for now xD
    Thanks for discussion I guess
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Honoured SilentKnightAvS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    979
    6
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyDarkness View Post
    Now, back to your original question: I challenge you to find a situation where building Bancroft's makes sense. Can you analyze Zhong, Anubis, or Hades? Where can you not complain about someone picking it up? What is it's niche? Is it satisfying that niche? If no niche may be found, is a buff in order from HiRez for it to gain purpose in your sober opinion? If so, in what manner?]
    I'm not really going to do the exact math here but as far as my experience as a Hades player goes bancroft's doesn't really fit him. Most lifesteal items aren't really that good on him because these items mainly help him in the early game to sustain against warriors which usually have a heal in their kit, but hades is special in that regard because he has already good healing in his kit as well.
    Everything i post in my threads/reply to other threads is my own opinion towards the game. I do not claim to know everything nor do i claim to be the best at anything. So keep that in mind before you throw your inner elitist at me.

    Favourite skin: Steel Samurai Susano
    Favourite god: Hades

  3. #23
    Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,682
    11
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Bancroft's is that item I only buy on "Shit, I'm not going to survive anyway, so might as well do damage." Characters.

    Freya dies okay with it. Hades is the only character who should realistically buy it

  4. #24
    Member Worshipper xsolfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    324
    5
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Bancroft's is that item I only buy on "Shit, I'm not going to survive anyway, so might as well do damage." Characters.

    Freya dies okay with it. Hades is the only character who should realistically buy it
    I disagree. Freya is not the kind of god you should play with the mindset of dying every engagement. Build pythagorems instead of bancroft on her, 10 less power at max life but 45% lifesteal total with her passive. Just pulsing a wave of minions gives you ridiculous amounts of life back. Even at 25% life having that 100 extra power isnt gonna make freya kill someone significantly faster, maybe one less aa on defensive targets

  5. #25
    Banned Prestigious Endag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Tick tock.
    Posts
    3,639
    9
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Bancroft's is that item I only buy on "Shit, I'm not going to survive anyway, so might as well do damage." Characters.

    Freya dies okay with it. Hades is the only character who should realistically buy it
    You could like, you know, buy book and have the same power as bancroft's at 25% when you're at 100% while also having infinite mana.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    In a pool of venom
    Posts
    3,444
    18
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    10
    I buy Talon for fun or for Anubis because it can sometimes work.

    Pyth is always better though and the lifesteal on Talon is little to where Thoth would be way better for raw power.
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chosen DarkFuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stalking are we :P
    Posts
    1,212
    7
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Endag View Post
    You could like, you know, buy book and have the same power as bancroft's at 25% when you're at 100% while also having infinite mana.
    Or you could, like, buy both.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.


    God Concepts:

  8. #28
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,993
    33
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    Or you could, like, buy both.
    Thoth and Pyth. Two lifesteal items are a waste of item slots on a mage and Pyth is superior.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

  9. #29
    Member Follower Giammafix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    135
    1
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    5
    I still get Bancroft on Freya, because she's more of a magical boxer than a real mage, and the passive can really help in 1v1 situations, especially when you are low on hp and pop out your ultimate, with damage buffed by the Bancroft.
    It can reach up to 200 power in total, Freya already has integrated lifesteal by her passive, and I'm not interested in any CDR on her because she's mainly an AA. I might consider picking Pythagorem if we have 3 magicals in team (conquest) or if it's a game mode like arena or joust and my mages need buffs.
    But I always prefer Pythagorem on Isis...
    Sed sonus armorum superat gemitusque cadentum, pollutosque simul multo Bellona penates sanguine perfundit renovataque proelia miscet.
    (Publius Ovidius Naso, Metamorphoses, V.155)

  10. #30
    Banned Prestigious Endag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Tick tock.
    Posts
    3,639
    9
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Giammafix View Post
    I still get Bancroft on Freya, because she's more of a magical boxer than a real mage, and the passive can really help in 1v1 situations, especially when you are low on hp and pop out your ultimate, with damage buffed by the Bancroft.
    It can reach up to 200 power in total, Freya already has integrated lifesteal by her passive, and I'm not interested in any CDR on her because she's mainly an AA. I might consider picking Pythagorem if we have 3 magicals in team (conquest) or if it's a game mode like arena or joust and my mages need buffs.
    But I always prefer Pythagorem on Isis...
    Yeah, CDR is useless cause she's an AA mage, not like she's useless without her abilities which actually make her autos hurt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •