Thread: New to MOBAs in general

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367

New to MOBAs in general

Hello,

So I've been hesitant to try MOBAs in the past, I even downloaded this a few years ago but didn't play it much, but I was watching some streamers playing this game, thought it looked fun, decided I'd give it another try. I'm vaguely familiar with some of the terminology, at least.

There seems to be a lot going on there and practicing vs the AI is all well and good, except the AI doesn't play the game like actual players do (Jungle buffs, team fights, etc.) and it seems like the friendly AI is not as good as the enemy AI on Medium difficulty. I have some reservations about jumping into conquest mode because I'd rather not get screamed at for not knowing what I'm doing. I joined a clan with some people I know online, so I'm not looking for one, but they're also all like Level 30 so playing with them is probably not feasible. I figure I'll just try to figure this out myself. I've been messing around playing against the AI to find what kind of gods I like to play, but that's about it and I haven't checked the forums much.

So I guess my point in this whole thing is: I'm probably going to suck anyway, but is there any place I can find a guide to Conquest mode so I can at least minimize my ineptitude? And what role is the easiest for beginners (Jungle looks like it's requires a bit of experience to do properly).

EDIT: I figure I should probably start with Clash or Joust anyway, but I'd still like as much information as I can get.
    Last edited by RatBot; 09-12-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead SneakyGodGamer's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Definitely start with joust and arena. Then work your way up to clash and siege. This is to help you move from smaller maps and teams to much larger ones. Clash is the closest your going to get to conquest so play a bunch of that to get a feel for it. Make sure to tell anyone who 'attacks' you in game for being bad that it is Just For Fun (JFF) and isn't Competitive. Just ignore everyone and play how you play. I do very bad and sometimes I do exceptional, sometimes I just get lucky. Practice makes perfect which is why I again suggest playing clash or joust to get better at the game and maybe grab a few gods (5-10) that you can get pretty good at to then play in conquest with.

OR just play anyways. Again, who cares what others say? They can't report you. Just mute them and everything will be fine!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Hello nice to meet you I could probably tomorrow write a bit about the Conquest becuz right now im not at home
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Thanks for your advice.

Looking forward to reading your insight when you get around to it, RainbowSplat. No rush!

Just played my first real Arena game, had a positive KDR, we won, so overall I'd say I'm off to a good start. :P

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Welcome to the community RatBot, hope you enjoy your stay!
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Hey RatBot i sent you a private message about explaining the Conquest
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AuzzieDonkey's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Welcome to Smite Ratbot, hope you enjoy your time and just remember Ra is the real Iron Man :P

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Welcome to smite RaBot

I think you should play arena than work your way to joust, then clash, than seige, then finally conquest.

And I don't anyone expects a beginner to be good and do everything right. It takes a lot of time to get good at this game. I have been playing for close to 3 years and I finally know how to play every god.
    STAY SAVAGE

Favorite Assassians: Bakasura Thor Arachne

Favorite Warriors: Erlang Shen Odin Vamana

Favorite Guardians: Cabrakan

Favorite Hunters: Ullr AMC Cupid

Favorite Mages: Freya Nu Wa Zeus He Bo

I already said it in a PM but I'll say it again: Thanks, RainbowSplat.

And yeah Brunsey, that sounds like a good idea. Right now I'm just playing practice and a little bit of Arena to figure out which gods I like and then I'll try that progression.

Thanks, everyone!