Thread: Medjed, The Smiter

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,147
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Medjed, The Smiter

MEDJED
    The Smiter

LORE INFORMATION: Medjed is an obscure god known only as "the Smiter", mentioned in the Book of the Dead. He is listed as an ally to Osiris, able to become invisible and "shoot from his eyes".
    KIT INFORMATION: Medjed is a mage who focuses on himself mostly, not being as adept in team fights but excelling in 1v1 standoffs. Medjed is a ranged mage who shoots beams from his eyes, which also aid in his distance-based fighting. Medjed's one weakness is that he is very squishy, though he is also slippery. He has no attack progression.
    VISUAL INFORMATION: Medjed appears as a cartoonish yet spooky figure, made entirely of gauze that forms a somewhat cartoony ghost shape. From between the gauze his eye peeks, with a second eyehole that it occasionally runs to. He is decorated in jewels and symbols of the afterlife, associating him with Osiris. He is capable of forming shadowy hands and legs for himself. His voice is husky and creepy, but he has a playful demeanor.

PASSIVE - Ghostly Gaze
    Whenever Medjed uses an ability, his next basic attack will be a hitscan beam of energy that deals normal damage. This beam counts as an ability however, which means it can apply on-hit effects and lifesteal.

ABILITY I - Sheut
    Ability Type: Buff
    Range: 0ft
    Radius: 0ft

Medjed unravels his body and becomes a shadow, which allows him to pass through regular walls and player-made walls for 4/4.25/4.5/4.75/5s. This ability also removes any debuffs afflicting him upon activation, and can be used while being CC'd.
    Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
    Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s

ABILITY II - Soulbeam
    Ability Type: Path
    Range: 55ft
    Radius: 8ft

Medjed draws a path on the ground, which after 1s he will trace with a beam from his eyes that deals damage to enemies. After an additional second the path will erupt, dealing secondary damage.
    Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+65% of your magical power)
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
    Cooldown: 12s

ABILITY III - Ominous Power
    Ability Type: Homing Projectile
    Range: 0ft
    Radius: 25ft

Medjed's shadowy arms rotate around him in a 25ft radius for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s. During this short period he will retain 10/15/20/25/30% of all damage taken as power that will remain with him up to 4s after this ability ends. If he does not use the stored power, this ability increases his own magical power by 5/10/15/20/25% of the damage stored for the 4s. If he chooses to reuse the stored power he will release it as a fusillade of souls that bombard the last enemy he hit, dealing the stored damage over a 1.5s period. This ability will still track the enemy if they run away.
    Damage: 100% of damage stored from hands.
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
    Cooldown: 14s

ULTIMATE - Vanquish
    Ability Type: Projectile/Line
    Range: 40ft/50ft/70ft/Global
    Radius: 5/7/12/6ft

Upon activation, Medjed begins charging his power into a beam which will charge for 4s. He can use the ability at any time, however each second that passes will make the beam stronger and change what it does.
    1 Charge: The beam is a fan of three fireballs that deal damage.
    2 Charges: The beam is a line shot that travels 50ft and deals damage.
    3 Charges: The beam is a wider line shot that travels 70ft, deals damage, and slows by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3s.
    4 Charges: The beam travels across the entire map, deals damage, and will execute if the enemy is below 12/14/16/18/20% of their max health. The beam is thinner than the previous charge however.

Damage: 60/70/80/90/100 (+50 per charge, +100% of your magical power)
    Cost: 60 (+10 per charge)
    Cooldown: 10s (+4 per charge)
    Max Charge Cooldown: 50s

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I want this guy in the game just so I can say I'm playing as a fucking sheet.

Let's talk about that 200 base damage with 160% scaling ON A PASSIVE. I can understand why it's so much, since he can't control when he uses it and the rest of his kit isn't exactly chock-full of damage, but...damn. That is a lot for something you don't need mana for. Ideally, some of that damage would be transferred to his abilities. Does this passive have a cooldown? Can it proc when Medjed is under a certain health threshold? I feel like elaborating on such details may help to justify this insane damage. Also, since we have a passive that procs on taking a certain amount of damage, I'd say Medjed should be something of a warrior-mage, rather like Zhong Kui and Hades; otherwise, this passive would really suck.

His 1 and 2 are fine as they are; but, as I said, maybe it would be wise to transfer some damage from his passive to these abilities.

His 3 is generally fine, save for one tiiiiiiiny detail: its duration. 20 seconds is an EXTREMELY long time to be marked by something. Lowering the duration by 7 seconds or so would be good.

I'm not sure if it's wise to make enemies marked by his ult invisible to Medjed's allies. Beyond that, this would compliment a warrior-mage's kit very well. Also, for its duration, I think it's best that the target receives damage mitigation and reduction rather than total damage nullification. Just my two cents.

Overall, a very unique and original concept that I'd play the shit out of even without the aforementioned novelty of the sheet.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,147
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I want this guy in the game just so I can say I'm playing as a fucking sheet.

Let's talk about that 200 base damage with 160% scaling ON A PASSIVE. I can understand why it's so much, since he can't control when he uses it and the rest of his kit isn't exactly chock-full of damage, but...damn. That is a lot for something you don't need mana for. Ideally, some of that damage would be transferred to his abilities. Does this passive have a cooldown? Can it proc when Medjed is under a certain health threshold? I feel like elaborating on such details may help to justify this insane damage. Also, since we have a passive that procs on taking a certain amount of damage, I'd say Medjed should be something of a warrior-mage, rather like Zhong Kui and Hades; otherwise, this passive would really suck.

His 1 and 2 are fine as they are; but, as I said, maybe it would be wise to transfer some damage from his passive to these abilities.

His 3 is generally fine, save for one tiiiiiiiny detail: its duration. 20 seconds is an EXTREMELY long time to be marked by something. Lowering the duration by 7 seconds or so would be good.

I'm not sure if it's wise to make enemies marked by his ult invisible to Medjed's allies. Beyond that, this would compliment a warrior-mage's kit very well. Also, for its duration, I think it's best that the target receives damage mitigation and reduction rather than total damage nullification. Just my two cents.

Overall, a very unique and original concept that I'd play the shit out of even without the aforementioned novelty of the sheet.
    I actually changed the ultimate damage a while ago o.o Did it not save?

It doesn't have a cooldown, it just procs whenever the damage threshold is hit.

As for the kit, there are some things I'll probably change. The duration on his 3 is so long because it's for boxing people. It coincides with his first ability.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaios View Post
    I actually changed the ultimate damage a while ago o.o Did it not save?
    I'm seeing the exact thing I saw when I made that post, so I guess it didn't save if you've changed it since then.

The duration on his 3 is so long because it's for boxing people. It coincides with his first ability.
    Eh, fair enough.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    I've just replied to a guardian with mage scalings and damages just to jump into a mage with guardian-like damage and scalings.

Check the damage, check the scaling
    And you'll se, that Sobek is better at lating
    Since he has 200% Factor combo
    and Medjed deals 800 damage with just Bancroft

So as you can see, building magic power items is like playing wizard Khepri.

But only when overlooking his trait.

Since he needs to take 600 damage to proc it, he won't ever be able to proc it early on. As he won't have more than 600 health at level 1, you, as creator of over 200 gods, should know, how hard it would be. Plus, when at low levels, check the damage it would deal - since you won't have that much ability power, it's like "When taking damage equal to your max health, your attacks become a continous beam that deals half of your attack power's damage. This lasts for 4 seconds." What do you think?
    My concepts!

Just a classic fanatic of walking near enemies at 10 health and joking as High Sea Sobek
    Favourite gods? I think they'll be respectively:
    Sobek, Nox, Amaterasu, Nemesis, Izanami (all the sexiest ones!)

Meanwhile Full AP Xing Tian soloes Fire Giant

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I am fine with this idea. I don't know what all for abilities and numbers he had before so I can't make a comparison but I like Medjed.

I can't really see anything in his kit that screams "buff me" or "nerf this" [dumb overwatch reference is dumb)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack