Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's Erlang's Weakness?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    None. He's bloated as hell. Who do you fear more? Osiris or Shen? Exactly
    He's bloated and op but it's not like he doesn't have counters and counter match ups. They do exist.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    It is funny that everytime I bring up the fact that Erlang Shen can control multiple enemies at once, everyone just goes and assumes that he is made of paper and goes in alone against an army.

1. The taunted targets will only basic attack. Meaning that the only targets that can realisticly put some dents into your HP bar are hunters, warriors and assassins.
    1.1 Taunted Warriors and Assassins don't even hit you all that often because tauntring forces you to hit the air more often than not. Basic attack penalties are a bitch.
    2. You will have, at least, one or two protective Items when playing Erlang Shen . Together with your 3s Shield if it is up, the mitigation granted by the ultimate + the eventual heal will make you more than able to not only survive the onslaught but also get out barely scratched.
    3. You have your enemies locked in one place for 1-4 seconds, more than enough time for your allies to rain hell on them.
    4. Since the last thing to happen in that combo is the turtle form, you can use it to disengage immediatly if you feel that you overstayed your welcome disregarding the above.

Of course, given how people enjoy to throw around arguments like "He is more of an assassin anyway" or some of the other things I have read in this or other threads, I should not be suprised about me having to explain these things.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Exactly, if it results in minions running to the tower, forcing your enemy to lose farm.
    He still can't outclear basically anyone.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    For me he is balanced. He actually need to aim more then one or two of his abilitys and hes main dmg comes from AA which makes him not that easy to play like some gods (you know who i am talking about). Also he is great counter to anubis (no1 pick god in casual) and that makes him real pain in the ... back for most people. Some warriors can eat him, same goes for hunters. Also until he gets quins he cant do much to most guardians.

The only think i really hate about him is the model. I really hope they will give him some nice skin and i dont have to watch it ever again

Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Weakness?...

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesemir View Post
    For me he is balanced. He actually need to aim more then one or two of his abilitys and hes main dmg comes from AA which makes him not that easy to play like some gods (you know who i am talking about). Also he is great counter to anubis (no1 pick god in casual) and that makes him real pain in the ... back for most people. Some warriors can eat him, same goes for hunters. Also until he gets quins he cant do much to most guardians.

The only think i really hate about him is the model. I really hope they will give him some nice skin and i dont have to watch it ever again
    The question of "How much skill is required?" is irrelevant when discussing balance unless the skill ceiling is literally so high that nobody can get even close to utilizing a god to full potencial.

There isn't much skill involved in using and landing basic attacks when you get Fatalis baked into your kit for free.

Erlang Shen doesn't exactly have a lot of bad match-ups. Just a lot of very bad players letting less but still bad players think that he has a lot of bad match ups.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    The question of "How much skill is required?" is irrelevant when discussing balance unless the skill ceiling is literally so high that nobody can get even close to utilizing a god to full potencial.

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Are we talking solo lane or jungle Shen. Jungle Shen gets shut down since he usually builds dmg and less defense items.

Solo lane Shen with Bov and Bulwark is pretty hard to shut down

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CHRISPWNZ's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hard CC counters him a lot

Member Follower Xx Threshold xX's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Agreed with most; he doesn't really have one
    Either try to work with your team or get used to dying alone; That's SMITE, friends. That's the Golden Rule. Everything else is negotiable.

X Mastery; Isis, Skadi, Thor, Cabrakan, Fenrir, Bellona, Hou Yi, Mercury, Chaac, Nu Wa, Thanatos