Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic Nu Wa is coming back during the Odyssey ?

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Classic Nu Wa is coming back during the Odyssey ?

Hello,

In the SmiteDataMining website it says that we're getting the Classic Nu Wa back during the Odyssey, is it just the old skin ? or the old skin with the old VP ? or the whole Old nu wa with her awesome Kit !!!!!!!?

Because let's face it, the New Wa sucks. The old one was waaaay better, great skin, great VP, great ultimate with a SNAKE transformation omg ! & a great Kit with some actual skill shots ( needed a tweak about her ability of destroying towers, that's all )

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    It is just the original model, the original kit is likely never coming back.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured Vorleser's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Party Person 10000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    It is just the original model, the original kit is likely never coming back.
    Yeah, Backdooring now belongs to the Grill with the invulnerable doge ulty.
    Winter is here.

The doge and her can take towers on their own... AND she's a hunter. Trolololol
    Meaning if the doge can tank it ,she can take it.

I hope Nu wa gets some change in the future, she's so boring to play and her abilities are bad...
    VS turning into a snake lady
    VS having a giant cage of steel challenging people to a duel.
    "How do I know I'm balanced? I have my own SCALES!" - Nu Wa
    R.I.P December 2013 - August 2014
    You'll always be hissstory in my heart and keep a low profile in my love.
    May you be raised to the heavens.

Achievements:
    Too bad...

Linking her old model to her current abilities is an insult !

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 678
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Forgive me if I'm a little blunt on this, but get over yourself. That kit is gone, has been for two years. Now I never played the original Nu Wa kit, I never got the chance, but there have been plenty of other characters who have gone though changes as well and I never see anyone else bitch and complain more than Nu Wa players. What was it about that kit that was so popular? Was it the "Shake and Bake" combo with Fenrir? You do know thats the exact reason Skadi got changed from PT to release. Just be happy you're getting her old style back, maybe you'll get lucky and get her old voice pack as well. Now quit complaining, be thankful Hi Rez is giving you/us what we're getting before they decide to change their minds.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    I like Nu Wa's current ultimate tho. You see, the enemy getting away with low HP is one of my biggest pet peeves and Nu Wa's ultimate nullifies that moment in a deserving fashion.

And the last thing we need is more backdooring. While it can be useful sometimes considering backdooring actually does what it takes to win the match, I'd also like having one more person in my teamfights.

Achievements:
    We're complaining about Nu Wa and not others because her Kit was great. Her backdooring ability could've been nerfed that's all. But changing her entire kit to a very less interesting version is just non sense.
    I prefer her old ult cuz the new one is just boring and only serves as a KS for a low hp enemy who's getting away.
    At least there was a bit of fun with some utility using the old one.

And why should I thank HiRez for removing a fun God? FFS..

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Her old kit was fun, but Hi-rez failed to balance her well plus Chinese players complained about how she doesn't look like their deity at all so they reworked her.

As how she is... I played both versions and while I find her current kit not that great, it's still fine. And sorry, if you think she's only an ult bot, you haven't seen a good Nu Wa player then. I mostly get high damage thanks to landing her combo well while using ult for a short escape and dogding fatal damages.

But... I'm waiting for Classis Nu Wa skin! I missed her so much and will spam that skin when it comes out! :3

Achievements:
    I played both versions a lot, even when she was OP just after the release of the New Wa. And even now it is still playable but she is not that fun to play anymore, if she was like that from the beginnig I wouldnt complain but she was so great, they couldve just nerf her tower destroying abilities and even rework her model a bit. But changing the whole thing for a less interesting version is just so unfortunate..

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Even though I both like the old kit (apart from the tower-destroying potential), and her old voicepack, it's kinda tedious how Hi-Rez can never get a break for the redesign. They killed 3 birds with one stone, changing her kit to be less broken (which arguably they could have done through other tweaks to the kit, but still), they appeased the chineese market, and they let the design team have a go at making a new, different kit.

When people complained about the voice pack after the redesign, they brought back the old voice actor and made her do the new lines. Mind you I would still have prefer the "old voice pack" wih the "like a boss" and such as well, but I apreciate that they took steps to try to please us anyway. The skin gained from subscribing to their youtube channel has her old color scheme too (or mostly I think?).

And now that it appears they're bringing old the old model one get feedback like "Linking her old model to her current abilities is an insult !"

It kinda feels they can never recieve any slack on the Nu Wa business.

Anyway, sorry Veñom if the quote is taken out of context a bit, and let me emphasize there's nothing wrong with your comment, I'm just glad I'm not at the recieveing end of such feedback. (again, as I said I'd like her old kit back too, and her old voice pack).