Thread: Please Help! Smite launches, but won't log me in.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

Please Help! Smite launches, but won't log me in.

I'm trying to log into smite, and I make it past the opening screen, but once the hi-rez and Georgia logos go away it sends me to a screen saying "The login information submitted is invalid. Please verify the username and password." When I type in my information, it will either put me right back on the same screen, or I will get the black loading screen with a blue box in the center saying "Logging in with your credentials, please wait." but nothing happens. After maybe 30 minutes of the black screen, it will sometimes load the game home screen. I clicked around the black screen, and I can actually keep clicking where the login button was on the previous screen. I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now, and it doesn't matter if I'm using wifi or ethernet, or if I'm on a different wifi network, it still behaves the same way. Any ideas on how to fix?

PS, I've already contacted Hi-Rez support, and they haven't been able to fix it as of right now, so I'm going public.

Junior Member Cupidhead Whiskey1015566's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    If support can't fix it, I'm afraid no one knows the solution yet. If you can log into Smite with another account, it could be an account ban. I am not too familiar with Smite bans so I don't know what else it could be.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    I can log in, it just takes forever. I'm talking 20 minutes or more.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran
    This may, or may not, work. But it helps with the first part of your issue

Log out of the launcher, when you have it up. Then log back in from the launch screen. That should allow you to log in without having to type in your information when you enter the game.

For the rest of the issues, I am assuming that you have attempted to run the patch/repair tool. If not, click the gear in the launcher, then troubleshoot. After that, run a validate/repair. If that doesn't work, then uninstall/reinstall..

Other than that, you might have to tell your firewall to allow Hirez launcher, and Smite game to have access. Which I cannot help you with, and again, I am assuming that support has attempted to walk you through these steps.

Hope your issue is solved soon, though. And if any of the suggestions I brought up weren't addressed (perhaps overlooked) they helped.
    I Am an Eternal Nublet.
    The noobiest noob in all of nooberton!

To answer everyone.. I had never even heard of Ravana, from the Hindu pantheon, when I chose this name.... over a decade ago.

Junior Member Cupidhead phatal808's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This issue sounds identical to the issue Paladins (another hirez game) had not too long ago. Paladins does not go through steam at all.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey1015566 View Post
    If support can't fix it, I'm afraid no one knows the solution yet. If you can log into Smite with another account, it could be an account ban. I am not too familiar with Smite bans so I don't know what else it could be.
    The OP is not banned, they would be notified at the login screen on or off the launcher.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.