Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Serious Nerf for Anubis

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383

A Serious Nerf for Anubis

Of all the gods in Smite... Only one can literally use one ult to one hundred to zero a titan. That god is "Anubis".

Here's a little secret that the casual players don't want you to change, Hi-Rez...

Anubis' ult can deal 7k+ if all ticks hit a single target. Best part is that's him built up, but not leveled. Therefore, I think Anubis' ult needs a /major/ nerf to reduce the damage to something of more fair, and not titan eating power... Like a one tick 700 +X% of magical power ult, rather than 30 ticks of hundreds of damage for a couple seconds.

Something similar to Scylla's ult, because that's at least able to be stopped by Sanctuary, or a brief moment of invincibility.

There are no gods I dread fighting against more than F*cking Anubis, and it's all because of that Ult, and his One-Ult-One-Titan-Kill ability.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Anubis doesn't need any kind of nerfs. Just because he is good at taking down the Titan, doesn't make him OP.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    You don't seem to understand. Anubis can 100 to 0 titan alone in a matter of seconds. His ult needs a serious nerf.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Autorobo View Post
    You don't seem to understand. Anubis can 100 to 0 titan alone in a matter of seconds. His ult needs a serious nerf.
    You are looking at only one part of the god. He has very little hard CC, and has to sit still while dealing his damage. His early-game consists of crossing his fingers and hoping he isn't ganked because there's little he can do if he is. Therefore, he is easily shut down.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Just like Loki,Chronos,Skadi,Bakasura can kill all ur phoenixes.
    Also,Raijin's ultimate does 3-4k dmg alone lategame aswell.
    Nemesis shield makes u hate ur life if u dont have hard cc or used it already.
    Susano makes u get aids from never being catchable.
    Fafnir is lovely when he 100 to 0s you in dragon form+full tank build.
    Ao kuang 1 shot issues.
    Scylla scaling.
    Raijin passive.
    Fatalis on ranged gods.
    Fatalis on Freya.
    Erlang shen kit.
    Ratatoskr early.
    Khumbakharna Crowd Control.

Theres a list of actual broken things in the game that need tweaking

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    I understand it very well. Also, he can't 100-0 it, Titan has 8000 hp. And to be able to do that, he has to get to the titan which is not that easy with such an immobile god with only single target cc.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Of all the gods in Smite... Only one can literally use one ult to one hundred to zero a titan. That god is "Anubis".

Here's a little secret that the casual players don't want you to change, Hi-Rez...

Anubis' ult can deal 7k+ if all ticks hit a single target. Best part is that's him built up, but not leveled. Therefore, I think Anubis' ult needs a /major/ nerf to reduce the damage to something of more fair, and not titan eating power... Like a one tick 700 +X% of magical power ult, rather than 30 ticks of hundreds of damage for a couple seconds.

Something similar to Scylla's ult, because that's at least able to be stopped by Sanctuary, or a brief moment of invincibility.

There are no gods I dread fighting against more than F*cking Anubis, and it's all because of that Ult, and his One-Ult-One-Titan-Kill ability.
    First of all, Anubis is the staple for low-mobility high-burst mages in Smite. He has to have a threatening presence through his ultimate, otherwise if he gets initiated on he's a sitting duck, he has absolutely zero opportunity to get away. He's a "stand your ground" type of mage where all the new characters have the option to escape.

Secondly, Anubis being able to nuke the enemy Titan is just about the only thing that makes him relevant late game. If you're sick of Anubis backdooring your Titan, buy wards or defend and stop him. You can't leave your base undefended against any other character, so why would you leave it undefended to an Anubis?

Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    I understand it very well. Also, he can't 100-0 it, Titan has 8000 hp. And to be able to do that, he has to get to the titan which is not that easy with such an immobile god with only single target cc.
    He can 100-0 the Titan. I have done this many, many, many times while getting Anubis to diamond.

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Anubis needs a new kit, his current is horrible, unoriginal, and uninspired.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Anubis needs a new kit, his current is horrible, unoriginal, and uninspired.
    Why is that?

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Why is that?
    Damage, damage, damage. No escape, damage, has to stand in place for everything, damage damage.

The god who defended graveyards, embalmed Osiris, guide to souls, and the god who weighs your heart is definitely represented in this abomination we now have.