Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to expect when entering competitive for the first time?

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH222 View Post
    Idiots, idiots everywhere. But seriously be ready for anything from people who have never even played conquest before to people who will scream at you the second you make one tiny mistake. I would master every God before you play ranked also. Jungle is very commonly called so you will need back up gods in other positions or for when you trade to other people
    People who have never played conqeust playing ranked conquest?? Oh save me lord ratatoskr!

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagministrator View Post
    Master ALL gods, and then you might be ready. Never solo queue. And find an experienced plat or better friend to casual queue with for practice.

Also, learn how to play a few flexpicks in non-meta roles. It'll help at sone point.
    Yeah... I dont know about gaurdians. If you want me to play gaurdian, its gonna go real south.... real quick. The only thing I know how to do with ymir is to blink;freeze; ult; and hope my adc can pick them off!

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Idiots, idiots everywhere. But seriously be ready for anything from people who have never even played conquest before to people who will scream at you the second you make one tiny mistake. I would master every God before you play ranked also. Jungle is very commonly called so you will need back up gods in other positions or for when you trade to other people
    Every single god? Thats a lot of favor..... (no I dont have the Ult. god pack) And alot of the times, I wont enjoy them. Should I just master a few gods of each class. Maybe around 25-30 masteries in total would be good??

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander787 View Post
    Yeah... I dont know about gaurdians. If you want me to play gaurdian, its gonna go real south.... real quick. The only thing I know how to do with ymir is to blink;freeze; ult; and hope my adc can pick them off!
    If you can play Ymir you should be able to play Cabrakan since the two gods aren't so different from one another. Alternatively, try Athena.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well here's how it works in ranked. Cool kid with top elo is placed on top, and he picks first. He gets the role he wants, unless he decides to pick for someone else and then trade. Other 4 people are ordered randomly. And everyone chooses one of the remaining roles. Ofc, the guy at the bottom is the one who gets stuck as support 9/10 times. Ofc someone might be willing to trade roles with you, but don't get your hopes up too much. Don't touch ranked if you can't play support.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Every single god? Thats a lot of favor..... (no I dont have the Ult. god pack) And alot of the times, I wont enjoy them. Should I just master a few gods of each class. Maybe around 25-30 masteries in total would be good??
    More like 40 or 50. Top picks for trading with others and some comfort picks for yourself. And for the love of god, no Loki.
    For mid: Janus, Isis, Raijin, Sol, Scylla, Nu Wa, Chronos are strong picks. Poseidon, Zeus, Vulcan, Agni can be comfort picks but they aren't too good. Don't bother with Anubis/Ah puch/He bo.
    For Jungle: Thor, Susano, Rat, Nemesis, Fenrir, Hun batz, Awilix, Ao kuang are good picks. Kali is fine. It's good to have serqet available as counter pick.
    For ADC: right now any hunter except xbal, artemis, amc and cupid. Chiron/medusa/ullr are fairly unpopular these days so you don't need them either. Freya works as adc. So do Sol/Chronos.
    For support: Athena/Bacchus/Kumba/Fafnir/Sobek. Geb is also decent. So are Guan Yu and Odin.
    For solo lane pretty much all warriors are viable picks except Chaac. Herc and Vamana are unpopular so you could get by without them. Chang'e and Aphro can be played in this role, but they aren't really recommended.
    Last edited by ArmoredFist; 08-11-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Senior Member Honoured NARGH222's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Honestly the ultimate God pack is almost a must for ranked but you can play without it but it kinda puts you at a disadvantage as well as your team. Countering the other team is the name of the game in ranked. You get to see what the other team is picking and adjust your choice accordingly. That being said I would say you need at least maybe 5 gods mastered for each specific role. Reasoning for this is each team has 4 bans so you could see an issue where literally 4 or 5 gods from the same class get banned. Assassins get hit pretty hard lately from my personal experience, Rat, susano, Ao kuang, thor, awilix, and even nemesis can be banned out before you even get to your pick. I jungle and have a very diverse God pool for it as I have 7 diamond assasins so I'm always prepared no matter who gets banned. So if you really want to jungle I would advise having all the assasins mastered at least

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I would still say at least 70 mastered. If you dont have a god someone wants and lose, that's 100% on your shoulders. Some of thr best counterpicks to meta gods are considered "trash."

Senior Member Honoured SilentKnightAvS's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3ManInBlack View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with them and say you should probably expect the worst if you're solo queueing. I never quite understood why there's a lot more bad players in ranked than in casuals.

I really wish some of the good players I come by in casuals would play some ranked.
    A lot of the good players don't queue ranked for that very reason. Why should i go ruin my mood every day with people raging at me for every mistake i make and at the end screen be greeted by even more disappointment as in -TP. A lot more people are open to doing something fun in casuals (5 warrior comp ftw) and if someone still rages mute him and if you lose you won't be even more demoralized by the TP loss. As much as some people are immune to people that feed/afk/taunt/troll/rage (i find myself to be someone who's quite immune to that sort of stuff) it still does leave a bitter taste, if i get people who rage and feed like 4 games in a row i'll start tilting despite me trying to keep a cool mind and trying to be friendly.
    I quit ranked a while ago because i just couldn't handle it anymore (as well as minor connection issues in the form of random lag spikes).

@OP
    1)When heading into ranked you should master all the ranked top pick gods for each role
    2)Have a basic understanding on each of the roles while being more comfortable with at least 2 roles (i'd suggest going with the 2nd comfort pick support as you will end up having to support a lot if you're planning on soloqueuing)
    3)Have curse voice. It really helps a lot especially in lower divisions. Voice comm can make a huge difference.
    4)Make sure to never go into ranked with the mentality that your team will rage/flame feed or anything of that sorts if someone is being negative instantly mute them, do not even attempt to argue with him or even answer him. The only time i would even consider not muting someone is when your adc is raging and you're the support and it's early game as it can really screw up your lane hard.

Honestly the ultimate God pack is almost a must for ranked but you can play without it but it kinda puts you at a disadvantage as well as your team. Countering the other team is the name of the game in ranked. You get to see what the other team is picking and adjust your choice accordingly. That being said I would say you need at least maybe 5 gods mastered for each specific role. Reasoning for this is each team has 4 bans so you could see an issue where literally 4 or 5 gods from the same class get banned. Assassins get hit pretty hard lately from my personal experience, Rat, susano, Ao kuang, thor, awilix, and even nemesis can be banned out before you even get to your pick. I jungle and have a very diverse God pool for it as I have 7 diamond assasins so I'm always prepared no matter who gets banned. So if you really want to jungle I would advise having all the assasins mastered at least
    Not really. The rent a god feature is super handy. When there's a double weekend just rent gods for 1 day and master them to mastery 1 so you can always rent the god and trade it in.
    I'm a happy non-god pack user:

In addition i own 24 recolors and 15 golden/lendary/diamond skins.

And the gods i don't own are mainly gods i have no interest in playing.
    Last edited by SilentKnightAvS; 08-11-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    Everything i post in my threads/reply to other threads is my own opinion towards the game. I do not claim to know everything nor do i claim to be the best at anything. So keep that in mind before you throw your inner elitist at me.

Favourite skin: Steel Samurai Susano
    Favourite god: Hades

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredFist View Post
    More like 40 or 50. Top picks for trading with others and some comfort picks for yourself. And for the love of god, no Loki.
    For mid: Janus, Isis, Raijin, Sol, Scylla, Nu Wa, Chronos are strong picks. Poseidon, Zeus, Vulcan, Agni can be comfort picks but they aren't too good. Don't bother with Anubis/Ah puch/He bo.
    For Jungle: Thor, Susano, Rat, Nemesis, Fenrir, Hun batz, Awilix, Ao kuang are good picks. Kali is fine. It's good to have serqet available as counter pick.
    For ADC: right now any hunter except xbal, artemis, amc and cupid. Chiron/medusa/ullr are fairly unpopular these days so you don't need them either. Freya works as adc. So do Sol/Chronos.
    For support: Athena/Bacchus/Kumba/Fafnir/Sobek. Geb is also decent. So are Guan Yu and Odin.
    For solo lane pretty much all warriors are viable picks except Chaac. Herc and Vamana are unpopular so you could get by without them. Chang'e and Aphro can be played in this role, but they aren't really recommended.
    Dont worry! Loki is already mastery lvl 10! (hes my arena god since no one knows how to build defensive items in that casual AF gamemode)