Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fix nu wa

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Empasm's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Exclamation Fix nu wa

I have been playing nu wa recently and I have noticed a few problems:

1. Her early ult damage is terrible, it only does 100 dmg early game, its useless, make it target one person and increase the damage to 250 and still keep the "reveals entire enemy team part" so its actually good. Maybe when she ults she can have a menu of all the enemy gods and when she clicks on the enemy god portrait her ult will hit them.

2. Her root is a big part of her kit, you have to root to get the combo off majority of the time so maybe change the passive so that it only takes 3 basics to charge up, then shoots on the third so it is more useful and up more often.

3. Her biggest downfall is her soldier's AI, I believe Hi-rez spoke on this a while ago and said that making her AI better would make her too strong, but then they released Skadi and she has a great AI. Allow her to target people with her soldiers in some way, or just make her soldiers attack the closest god, extend the clay soldier dash range and that would be great for her kit.

Maybe this wont make her viable, but its a step in the right direction. Feedback is appreciated.
    €ʍρą$ʍ

Senior Member Chosen ShoNuff Kay's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Empasm View Post

1. Her early ult damage is terrible, it only does 100 dmg early game, its useless, make it target one person and increase the damage to 250 and still keep the "reveals entire enemy team part" so its actually good. Maybe when she ults she can have a menu of all the enemy gods and when she clicks on the enemy god portrait her ult will hit them.

2. Her root is a big part of her kit, you have to root to get the combo off majority of the time so maybe change the passive so that it only takes 3 basics to charge up, then shoots on the third so it is more useful and up more often.

3. Her biggest downfall is her soldier's AI, I believe Hi-rez spoke on this a while ago and said that making her AI better would make her too strong, but then they released Skadi and she has a great AI. Allow her to target people with her soldiers in some way, or just make her soldiers attack the closest god, extend the clay soldier dash range and that would be great for her kit.

Maybe this wont make her viable, but its a step in the right direction. Feedback is appreciated.
    Why would they do that? Weak3n just named her one of the top 5 mids right now.
    Mastery X Ravana

Thanatos is bae

Yeah I know What the tier lists and pros say.

Too bad I don't care.

You can run but you can't outrun Death!!!
    I'm coming for you Rama

Quote Originally Posted by KFire
    Not having mobility is better anyways because it means you have 4 skills designed to kick the ass of your opponents.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AuzzieDonkey's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

1- That actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea, even though that might become a problem as to when the option should disappear or not. But still your complaining about how it's only doing a 100 early game. 100x5=500 Thinking about it, that's a hell of a lot of damage early game even though it's only 100 to any enemy alive it's still a lot of damage just for an early game ult.

2- Honestly that's probably the worst idea I have ever heard, imagine attack speed Nu Wa.

3- Her kit is amazing like being able to command soldiers who probably don't even love her that much compared to the love been Skadi and Kaldr I don't think they would always listen to her commands on when and when not to go compared to Skadi and Kaldr. Just her kits good enough and if you can use her well then you shouldn't have anything to complain about. (Just went 12-2 as Nu Wa on Assault)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sudor's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

1. Her Ult early on is not really about the damage, ofc you can secure a kill with it but until its rank 3+ its more of a buy you some time, those few seconds in the air could be all that's needed for support to come or to get away.

2 You don't need the root to hit the combo, and that would make her crazy op there be roots fly every where.

3 Minions AI while not fantastic is not that bad, its more that people don't get its 99% the same as the map minions and think they should act like Basets cats once you understand how to use them then they are fine 99% of the time.
    It may well be doubted whether human ingenuity can construct an enigma... which human ingenuity may not, by proper application, resolve

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Her ult: I think it's fine. Takes you out of a fight, cc immunity, global vision. But that suggestion with high single-target can't-be-missed damage sounds stupid.

Her passive: You can tell players who understand Nuwa from those who don't by how they use her passive. If you're actually going to continuesly basic attack an enemy God, just to get the passive off.... Well, good luck. In contrast, a good Nuwa player's passive meter looks like the image below for most of the game.

Her clay soldiers: Well, the minion AI is indeed dumb. That's for sure. That's the only thing needed to be changed.

There's no direct control over the clay soldiers. There's only two indirect ways to steer them: (1) Take damage or (2) clear out the entire area. Both options are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    I think she needs a circular ground targetter for her clay soldiers. And the ground targetter could have the same animation as her old Flame Strike.

• If she successfully hits an enemy God, her clay soldiers begin attacking that God.
    • If she misses, then her clay soldiers remain stupid.

Senior Member Chosen ShoNuff Kay's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Veteran
    Yeah a good Nu Wa will save her passive and not blow it clearing wave or a camp.
    Mastery X Ravana

Thanatos is bae

Yeah I know What the tier lists and pros say.

Too bad I don't care.

You can run but you can't outrun Death!!!
    I'm coming for you Rama

Quote Originally Posted by KFire
    Not having mobility is better anyways because it means you have 4 skills designed to kick the ass of your opponents.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Yeah, Nuwa is different in the sense that most mages can use their abilities first to clear the wave and basic attack to finish off the remainder.

In contrast, Nuwa needs to use just enough basic attacks (to fill her passive) and be able to finish the wave off with an ability. Usually fog > bunch of AAs > shining metal.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Somebody please explain Hi Rez's logic when it comes to the minion ai? How does fixing it in the slightest make her "too strong", even people that know how to work the minions don't get off as strong, Nu Wa is still kinda underpowered either way.
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacZer0 View Post
    Somebody please explain Hi Rez's logic when it comes to the minion ai? How does fixing it in the slightest make her "too strong", even people that know how to work the minions don't get off as strong, Nu Wa is still kinda underpowered either way.
    Her burst combo is amazing, they have minion AI to keep this balanced I guess. All her abilities seem weak but an experienced Nu Wa player will annihilate enemy's. Her ult tracks enemies on the mini map and is global, that's the pay off for lower damage. Yeah I'd tweak her 1 if anything but she's actually already a pretty balanced god - just not as kinderprice as other popular burst mages like Raijin or Scylla - anyone can wreck with those two.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Empasm's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AuzzieDonkey View Post
    1- That actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea, even though that might become a problem as to when the option should disappear or not. But still your complaining about how it's only doing a 100 early game. 100x5=500 Thinking about it, that's a hell of a lot of damage early game even though it's only 100 to any enemy alive it's still a lot of damage just for an early game ult.

2- Honestly that's probably the worst idea I have ever heard, imagine attack speed Nu Wa.

3- Her kit is amazing like being able to command soldiers who probably don't even love her that much compared to the love been Skadi and Kaldr I don't think they would always listen to her commands on when and when not to go compared to Skadi and Kaldr. Just her kits good enough and if you can use her well then you shouldn't have anything to complain about. (Just went 12-2 as Nu Wa on Assault)
    Saying its the worst idea youve ever heard is a little harsh, its just a suggestion, maybe it shouldnt be that strong, but even if it was atk speed nu wa wouldnt be good, just an annoyance kind of like a worse poly+sr cabrakan...
    €ʍρą$ʍ