Thread: Ruaumoko, Son of the Earth - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Ruaumoko, Son of the Earth - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

God Name: Ruaumoko
    Title: Son of the Earth
    Pantheon: Polynesian
    Type: Physical, Melee
    Role: Warrior (Juggernaut)
    Pros: High Area Damage, Medium Defense

art by me.

LORE:
    Once, sky and land were together and inseperable. Though their love for each other was strong, the children in the void between earth and sky were crushed by the dark embrace of their parents. When they deemed the darkness was something that the world did not need, they revolted and successfully pushed their parents apart, with the trees becoming the column to hold the sky in its place.

As the two lovers were separated from their embrace, Rangi the Sky gave Papa the Earth his final seed, and a god was born deep in the womb of the earth. Ruaumoko was formed within the warmth of his mother's womb. Yet without the care of his father, Ruaumoko refused to be birthed and stayed within his mother. There he grew and caused such great pain to his mother.

Despite this, he remains deep within her womb. His childish laughter and movement through his mother causes earthquakes to occur, and his continuous growth causes the violent eruptions of volcanoes. This happened for a while till he finds himself expulsed from his mother's womb. Curious of the world above, he explores to find violence and death. After being denied passage inside his dying mother, a thought came to his head: "If I save my mother, she will allow me to return to her warmth." Thus he enters the battlefield, for his own selfish need.

PASSIVE: Stone Fists
    Everytime Ruaumoko uses an ability, his next basic attack deals true damage. This passive can stack up to three times.
    Ability: Self
    Effect: Buff
    Stacks: 3 times

ABILITY 1: Portrude
    Ruaumoko sends a portrusion of the earth at a location, damaging and knocking up enemies hit as well as leaving behind a monolith that acts as a wall.
    Ability: Ground Target
    Effect: CC
    Radius: 10ft
    Damage: 90/110/130/150/170 (+45% PP)
    Monolith Duration: 10s
    Cost: 50
    Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9s

ABILITY 2: Pulverize
    Ruaumoko sends forward a powerful punch in a cone to damage enemies. If the Portruded Earth is within the area of the ability, it shatters and sends shrapnels flying forward, extending the range and dealing more damage, as well as shredding physical protections.
    Ability: Cone
    Effect: Damage
    Radius/Distance: 35ft ~ 55ft
    Damage: 100/140/180/220/260 ~ 120/180/240/300/360 (+65% PP)
    Decreased Physical Protections: -3/5/7/9/11 for 2s
    Cost:
    Cooldown:

ABILITY 3: Shrapnel Cloak
    Ruaumoko shatters the earth around him, creating floating stones that orbit him. The coat deals damage to nearby enemies while decreasing damage received from basic attacks. If there is a Portruded Earth, it too creates a cloak of shrapnel.
    Ability: Area
    Duration: 5s
    Damage Over Time: 13/16/19/22/25 (+15% PP) per 0.5s
    Damage Reduction From Basic Attacks: -20/25/30/35/40% Damage
    Cost:
    Cooldown:

ULTIMATE: Papa's Wrath
    Ruaumoko summons two gigantic fists of stone that deals cone damage and slows enemies per hit, refreshing per hit. While the ultimate is active, Ruaumoko may activate the ultimate to perform a short leap, stunning enemies in a small area at his target. The leap has a cooldown of 7 seconds.
    Ability: Self
    Duration: 6/8/10/12/14s
    Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% Slow per Hit
    Leap Distance: 35ft
    Stun: 1s
    Cost:
    Cooldown:

AUTHOR NOTES:
    Ruaumoko is geared to be an anti-tank, anti-auto attack oriented warrior. Though he has no sustains, he has abilities that help him negate some damage from his opponents.
    Last edited by redmist456; 08-03-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    How can he jump on his ult when it's at rank 1? Unless I'm misreading this.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoushin View Post
    How can he jump on his ult when it's at rank 1? Unless I'm misreading this.
    After activating his ultimate, he can immediately jump, but to jump again requires you to wait for 7 seconds (so you can only really jump once during rank 1, and twice for the rest of the ranks.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    After activating his ultimate, he can immediately jump, but to jump again requires you to wait for 7 seconds (so you can only really jump once during rank 1, and twice for the rest of the ranks.
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I can see how each ability can wumbo combo with others. I like him.
    CITE IMAGES AND ANY OTHER SOURCES PLEASE!!!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoushin View Post
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I can see how each ability can wumbo combo with others. I like him.
    Glad I cleared some confusions and misunderstandings that you may have had. And thanks for liking him, appreciate the compliment. Any other questions?
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB