Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crazy warping/frame skipping since patch 3.13. High FPS and low ping -- Please help m

Junior Member Cupidhead Masuimi3's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Crazy warping/frame skipping since patch 3.13. High FPS and low ping -- Please help m

Smite has been in a somewhat unplayable state ever since the freya 3.13 patch. I've tried literally everything I can think of and nothing helps. I talked to support, submitted all the files they wanted, just for them to tell me everything looks good and I must be imagining it.

I have a really good internet connection, and a high end PC. I don't lag in any other game, its exclusive to smite, and just happened since this 3.13 patch. I shouldn't even call it lag because its not really like lag.. its just warping.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling smite, tried uninstalling/reinstalling graphics drivers (im on a 970 btw), i've tried using previous driver versions.. nothing helps at all. I have a download rate of 170 mbps and my upload rate is good too.

Here is a video of what i'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smlu...ature=youtu.be

Every 7 seconds I will warp/skip 5 times in a row. It is very consistent. It's always the same amount of time and always warps/skips 5x. This happens in all game modes.

Does anyone know what would be causing this? It makes playing the game super difficult and I keep getting reported for hacking/whatever. I just got off a 140 hour suspension because of this, and Hirez support is absolutely useless. They stopped returning my emails after their fix didn't work for me.

I'm turning to you smite forums for any suggestions. I really love this game, i've been playing it for 2 years without a problem until recently. I'd love to play again but this is just so stupid.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or have a potential fix to this? I will love you forever. I'm an IT guy and cannot seem to figure this one out at all.

Edit: Link to reddit post I made because smite support has been useless:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...atch_313_high/

It seems other people have this issue as well and Hirez won't even acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Masuimi3; 08-02-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AuzzieDonkey's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Spamming hi-rez staff members on twitter might get you a response if not help.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I don't have a twitter account and don't know anything about twitter really unfortunately.

Achievements:
    Otherwise you can use the hi-rez support service which often takes a while but they will eventually try and help you with your problem.
    https://www.hirezstudios.com/contact/
    Just a warning, they are usually really slow at responding and often repetitive and useless. But worth a shot ayy

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AuzzieDonkey View Post
    Otherwise you can use the hi-rez support service which often takes a while but they will eventually try and help you with your problem.
    https://www.hirezstudios.com/contact/
    Just a warning, they are usually really slow at responding and often repetitive and useless. But worth a shot ayy
    Already did this like I said in my post. They offered generic troubleshooting help, but once it didn't work for me they simply stopped returning my emails and cut me off.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    bump for visibility

Achievements:
    Just email them again otherwise there isn't much else you can do.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    I see it has been mentioned in the reddit thread already, but I'll repeat it here.
    We had the exact same issue on Console for weeks, and it was directly related to the clan system. We even have an official Hi Rez response acknowledging that the clan system was the problem.

Here is the thread: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...te-Please-Help!

And here is HiRezMeier acknowledging the problem:

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezMeier View Post
    We're going to do a hotfix tomorrow morning to temporarily correct this issue. The long term and true fix won't be until 3.14 though. That will drop in a couple weeks.
    The hotfix DID fix the issue for us, and while he didn't directly point to the clan system as the cause, that was the direction Hi Rez support led the thread to.

Hopefully that helps. Good Luck.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Rozzer's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Have you actually checked how much cpu usage Smite makes it go up to? Mine was doing 90-100 and was causing this problem, and my PC is pretty good. I changed some of the graphics settings like shading and world detail. Haven't had the problem again yet. Hope this helps

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
    Have you actually checked how much cpu usage Smite makes it go up to? Mine was doing 90-100 and was causing this problem, and my PC is pretty good. I changed some of the graphics settings like shading and world detail. Haven't had the problem again yet. Hope this helps
    I have checked and CPU usage is minimal. I'm running an i5 6600k OC'd to 4.4 GHZ, a gtx 970, 24 gb ram, boot/smite off ssd, high speed internet download/upload.. my pc is not the issue here. Thanks for the reply though.

As i said, this happened immediately after the 3.13 patch. No settings have changed on my end. That patch did something that screwed it up.