Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So when can we remove hastened fatalis from the game?

Member Worshipper OlympianArchers's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonpriest View Post
    What he is referring to is the fire 1 autoattack, stop attacking and move, fire another, move again style where missing means the target gets away. Whereas with fatalis, if you miss an autoattack it doesn't even matter, as long as you hit 1 out of 3 you're moving faster than the target running away from you.
    If you're missing 2 out of 3 auto attacks consistently then I don't know how you're fed enough to be using hastened fatalis effectively.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dewpyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Who the fuck buys fatalis on a hunter?

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 718
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Didnt even read the post but, if an item can ruin your game experience, you must be really bad at building and counter building haha. Damn, this made me lol.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Mmmmm....

"Flesh!"
    Last edited by Luzarius; 06-05-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    I used to play He bo, then they nerfed He bo. What now?

Senior Member Honoured LokiWildfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    From a game design point of view, imo the real issue is that all physical gods share the same items regardless of being completely different classes and having different play styles (or supposed to have different play styles). If you make an item to help out melees, there is no way to guarantee it won't be broken for another class, and vice versa. You nerf the item, you get it to not be broken for the class it wasn't meant in the first place, but then it will likely be useless for the class it was originally custom tailored for. Design wise, that is a horrible choice given the drastic changes on play style the physical classes have (or are supposed to have, at least).

Off topic: And all the magical gods too share items, so the above also applies for them from a design point of view. Although they have another problem in their lack of class variety, e.g. AA and primarily snipping gods being just "mages" just like the other regular AOE mages, even though design requirements for each of those and play styles differ significantly but that is entirely tangential to the discussion at hand.

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Well if they get Fatalis you get Curse or sprint, right? Wrong, Sprint lasts 1 second longer than Curse, so either way they will stick to your ass like glue.

So you use your escape, right? Wrong, not all gods actually have one. So, if they are using Sprint, Fatalis or curse and you have no escape, what can you do? Nothing really.

I found this out the hard way coming across a Merc in Joust who rushed Sprint 3 and simply defended until his 1 hit enough and he had Sprint ready, than he would kill me.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Yeah, this isn't a QQ thread it's a 'stop with the b*llshit' thread. This item, by the past few games I've played, is nothing more than a troll, no-skill-I-can't-hit-anything-without-it item. I bet you take away fatalis and half this game's population will never play hunters anymore because they completely suck without it. It's a crutch, blatantly overpowered on hunters, ridiculously easy to exploit, and dirt cheap for what it does.

I just finished a 3v3, that ended right on the dot at 10:00 because freya, poseidon, and kali all had fatalis by that time, simply proving my point. Another match I had tonight was against a freya that had 19 kills. Did freya carry her team? No. Fatalis carried the team. Proves my point, yet again; this item is for noobs that have no-skill or aim, and turns these noobs and trolls into powerhouses, making those noobs think they're pros and letting the trolls continue trolling.

I don't see why, under any circumstance, would a company allow this kind of an item in this kind of game. Add on the blatantly stupid easy-to-get crit chance in this game, a lifesteal item, and it makes it worse, to the point where I really don't feel like playing Smite anymore. There's just no balance whatsoever to this item.

Go ahead and flame away. Every single one of you that responds to this with a 'fatalis is not op' is obviously an abuser of said item and doesn't want their troll toys to get taken away.
    fatalis is not op

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Here's the thing about Hastalis: by buying the item, ADCs in particular are weakening themselves. Where items like Titan's Bane and Qin's Sais pump up the damage, Hastalis simply adds attack speed. The ADC that buys this will be severely gimped later in the game.

Also, Hastalis is a crutch on Hunters. Sprint 3 doesn't take up an item spot and with proper itemization, will get the job done.

ALSO also, Hastalis is NOT always a crutch, no siree. For example, Freya has no way to really stick to you (besides using her 3, which is better as an escape). With Hastalis, Frey-Dolla$ gets attack speed and a passive that allows her to chase. Nu Wa gets attack speed and the nimbleness of the gods. And so on.

If you're getting ravaged by Hastalis users, just pop Sprint and run away? Or kill them?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vidjagamer's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Fatalis is in no way OP. I actually never see it in the games I play anymore. It's more of a "new players can't counter this item" item. Anyone who gets Fatalis is effectively nerfing their own raw damage as it provides nothing in that category.
    2 good counters to this item are witchblade, and enfeebling curse. This is especially useful in 3v3, where you only have to worry about counter building 3 God's.
    I also see people using these items as an escape mechanism. Don't. If he is such a "noob", dictate how the battle goes. Aggress him first, and box while the curse is active. Chances are, fatalis buyers aren't buying protections any time soon anyways.
    Just because you don't know how to counter build, doesn't make an item OP. I'll believe it if a pro that plays daily starts complaining, but until then, the item is fine to stay.
    P.s. Look at my stats, I play a lot of hunter and have never bought fatalis on them.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Dear devs. i want to be able to burst damage with my mage to get some of the fastest kills in game and be able to get away without any negative repercussions.
    that's what i read, was that the gist of it?