Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So when can we remove hastened fatalis from the game?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HastyPudding's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

So when can we remove hastened fatalis from the game?

Yeah, this isn't a QQ thread it's a 'stop with the b*llshit' thread. This item, by the past few games I've played, is nothing more than a troll, no-skill-I-can't-hit-anything-without-it item. I bet you take away fatalis and half this game's population will never play hunters anymore because they completely suck without it. It's a crutch, blatantly overpowered on hunters, ridiculously easy to exploit, and dirt cheap for what it does.

I just finished a 3v3, that ended right on the dot at 10:00 because freya, poseidon, and kali all had fatalis by that time, simply proving my point. Another match I had tonight was against a freya that had 19 kills. Did freya carry her team? No. Fatalis carried the team. Proves my point, yet again; this item is for noobs that have no-skill or aim, and turns these noobs and trolls into powerhouses, making those noobs think they're pros and letting the trolls continue trolling.

I don't see why, under any circumstance, would a company allow this kind of an item in this kind of game. Add on the blatantly stupid easy-to-get crit chance in this game, a lifesteal item, and it makes it worse, to the point where I really don't feel like playing Smite anymore. There's just no balance whatsoever to this item.

Go ahead and flame away. Every single one of you that responds to this with a 'fatalis is not op' is obviously an abuser of said item and doesn't want their troll toys to get taken away.

Member Worshipper OlympianArchers's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered Repped! Third Class
    Sprint level 3 does the same thing on a super low cool down.

And it costs 2100 gold for an item that's really only useful for it's on hit effect.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered
    They should just nerf it into the ground so that people who buy it will actually be punished for not getting something different. Maybe 0.5 seconds of debuff immunity instead of 1? The attack speed definitely needs to be lowered.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr357 View Post
    They should just nerf it into the ground so that people who buy it will actually be punished for not getting something different. Maybe 0.5 seconds of debuff immunity instead of 1? The attack speed definitely needs to be lowered.
    if they hit all their attacks 0.5 would still allow them constant attacking.

And no, it shouldn't be nerfed. it was buffed up to a point where it was really really needed.

It helps melee gods stay more viable.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HastyPudding's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by OlympianArchers View Post
    if they hit all their attacks 0.5 would still allow them constant attacking.

And no, it shouldn't be nerfed. it was buffed up to a point where it was really really needed.

It helps melee gods stay more viable.
    There's a difference between viable and skill-less. Fatalis is for those that can't aim at all, and it's abused by those that can to generate an easy button.

Your melee god can't run in circles around people like a headless chicken and faceroll over 85% of the other gods? I'm so sorry for you...

It's bad enough that physical gods can get an insane amount of crit chance/damage from just 2-3 items, now you want them to have basically a 90% accuracy rate, too? That's not balanced, not in any way, shape, or form.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    There's a difference between viable and skill-less. Fatalis is for those that can't aim at all, and it's abused by those that can to generate an easy button.

Your melee god can't run in circles around people like a headless chicken and faceroll over 85% of the other gods? I'm so sorry for you...

It's bad enough that physical gods can get an insane amount of crit chance/damage from just 2-3 items, now you want them to have basically a 90% accuracy rate, too? That's not balanced, not in any way, shape, or form.
    hastened fatalis has absolutely nothing to do with not being able to hit.

It has everything to do with sticking to a target, and being able to dodge.

A Melee god with hastened fatalis uses it to stay close to all the gods who can easily move out of range, while dodging the abilities they have the speed to side step

A ranged god with hastened fatalis uses it to dance with other ranged gods, and to chance down the already weakened enemy.

Also hastened fatalis is a mid/late game item that only really shines when you're fed of half built.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    I use fatalis on hunters only if i get fed early bcz otherwise buying it consumes a power slot. I find this item really nice and unique and it must not be deleted for sure. I prefer this item on warriors too like vamana and swk. It really boosts autoattakers and makes non- autoattackers more viable. Coming to freya, well her 2 is OP already for ages now. Also kali and bakasura are grt users of fatalis so just be careful, use enfeebling curse and witch blade to counter them.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JustAGeek's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    How is it an item for those who can't aim at all if the effect of the item doesn't take place unless you hit enemies. Basically, to keep moving quickly while attacking that means you're consistently hitting your target.

IMO the item is just fine, I don't always use it on my hunters or warriors but some of them really need it to stick to enemies. Especially a god like Xbalanque that have great AA.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I don't believe it needs to be nerfed, but I would like to see some counters for it other than the Curse/Sprint actives (though I suppose Witchblade and Midgardian Mail could counter it provided you can use their effects to stay away from them.)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAGeek View Post
    How is it an item for those who can't aim at all if the effect of the item doesn't take place unless you hit enemies. Basically, to keep moving quickly while attacking that means you're consistently hitting your target.

IMO the item is just fine, I don't always use it on my hunters or warriors but some of them really need it to stick to enemies. Especially a god like Xbalanque that have great AA.
    What he is referring to is the fire 1 autoattack, stop attacking and move, fire another, move again style where missing means the target gets away. Whereas with fatalis, if you miss an autoattack it doesn't even matter, as long as you hit 1 out of 3 you're moving faster than the target running away from you.