Thread: lifesteal items

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered

lifesteal items

do you think that there should be more lifesteal items?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    For the sake of item variety, yes. Devourer's has fallen out of favor for me after realizing you can gain more power along with mana on Transcendence, and achieve the same amount of sustain from building one lifesteal item with double crit as you would build Dev's.

There isn't really much for lifesteal, anyway. Soul Eater is for hunturds who want to play it safe or ability-based hunters who have no sustain (Skadi for example), Asi is for aggressive plays on squishies or for AA-based gods, and Bloodforge is an offensive version of Bulwark.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Lifesteal, as a mechanic, is something I've never seen games balance properly.

Smite is no different. Let's take a look at the stats provided by souleater, for example.

-10% MS
    -20% bonus HP
    -30% AS
    -20% lifesteal

All of that for a cheap price of 2000g. This should, quite obviously, not be considered balanced by anyone in their right mind. Apart from lifesteal, which is what the item is supposed to give you, it gives you a ridiculous amount of offense and defense. 30% AS is huge, and so is 10% MS and 20% more health.

Bloodforge provides a ridiculous 75 power along with 15% lifesteal. Great stats, but you also have the passive that gives you a shield that, for some reason, scales with levels and gives you MS whenever you kill someone. At least the person who designed this put some thought into it and gave it a ludicrous price.

Asi is pretty much a more offensive souleater. It has less AS, it also doesn't provide MS or health, but it has more lifesteal if you factor in the passive, and it also comes with a sweet 15 pen. It also happens to be cheaper, but overall I consider it a weaker item than SE.

Devo gloves are definitely the most balanced of the bunch. The stats are pretty ridiculous capping at 55 power and 25% LS, especially when you factor in the 2050g price, but at least it doesn't provide some crazy passive and you have to get 75 stacks to get those stats.

Magical lifesteal, on the other hand, is the exact opposite of the spectrum: underpowered.

All of the items in the magical lifesteal tree are a sorry excuse for doing things other than lifesteal, but those things are not only not worth it, the lifesteal is even worse because of the way magical lifesteal works (it works on abilities, but if you hit 6 targets for 1200 damage each with 100% lifesteal, you'll be healing for 200 per target instead of 1200. However, that's actually good; It's an added benefit compared to physical lifesteal. However, you have to keep in mind that (most) magical gods have far less (purely) single target damage than physicals, because of their AA scaling, leading to (typically) less lifesteal overall).

Divine ruin offers a ridiculously low amount of stats, although the passive is decent. Sadly, it's not worth buying it just for the passive cause of how low the stats are.

Bancroft's offers nothing but power, which can be attained through items that provide not only more power, but more utility, such as warlock's or thoth. The lifesteal is nothing to write home about to make this worth buying.

Pythag's offers a pretty fucking high amount of lifesteal, and it's also a power/LS aura. The CDR is also pretty good. Sadly, there's only a few gods that can utilize this item, because again, the way magical lifesteal works doesn't favor most gods.

Polynomicon is an interesting one and definitely the best item in this bunch by a long shot. Fairly cheap, somewhat decent power, some mana, and 10% lifesteal, which, again, hardly any god cares about. However, the passive makes it worth buying on pretty much every god as long as you can land autos. The boosted auto has a total scaling of 95%, which is almost that of a physical god, except magical gods typically have more than double the power physicals have.

Aside from that, I could've just answered your question with a yes or no, which I still have to do.

Yes and no. I want to see more item variation in smite, but I don't wanna see bloated atrocities like souleater, nor do I want to see useless trash like bancroft's and divine ruin.
    Last edited by Endag; 07-29-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I don't see why souleater is so op now that the stacks don't provide lifesteal. Yeah it heals you but you have to get 20 stacks for every use(for full potential that is) Otherwise the you're out of a passive if your teammates get the minions. As an ADC with a support letting you have every minion yeah no problem early on but by late game who cares who kills the minions except you because of souleater. If you don't get 10-20 stacks before the next teamfight and it goes bad then you're out of luck and a passive.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    I don't see why souleater is so op now that the stacks don't provide lifesteal. Yeah it heals you but you have to get 20 stacks for every use(for full potential that is) Otherwise the you're out of a passive if your teammates get the minions. As an ADC with a support letting you have every minion yeah no problem early on but by late game who cares who kills the minions except you because of souleater. If you don't get 10-20 stacks before the next teamfight and it goes bad then you're out of luck and a passive.
    None of this holds any relevance.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Endag View Post
    None of this holds any relevance.
    2nd time, instant dismissal no argument. OK

Achievements:
    2nd time, instant dismissal no argument. OK
    There is no argument to be made.

You're blindly defending a blatantly overpowered item, god knows why, and your argument is that it requires stacking.

Compare this shit to devo gloves. It needs 4 times less stacks to be used to its full potential, it's cheaper, and the stats are fucking better for whatever reason. Not only that, but the amount of stacks it needs is like nothing as long as your team is coordinated.

If this item was anywhere near balanced, devo gloves would be more underpowered than divine ruin, which isn't the case. Your argument has holes that a 5 year old can see through, I don't know why you expect me to reply seriously.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    Whoopty doo stacks font provide lifesteal, it still gives what 20 or 30% lifesteal that it normally has plus everything else, and the heal is good even if you have low stacks, killing a single minion can save your life sometimes in those moments... that shouldnt be a deciding factor in fights imo

Senior Member Honoured SilentKnightAvS's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    @ OP
    Probably - yes.
    There is a lack of cheap lifesteal items which offer you just lifesteal + raw power (really besides devo's there are none and devos need to be stacked)
    Everything i post in my threads/reply to other threads is my own opinion towards the game. I do not claim to know everything nor do i claim to be the best at anything. So keep that in mind before you throw your inner elitist at me.

Favourite skin: Steel Samurai Susano
    Favourite god: Hades