Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happens when you are reported?

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

What happens when you are reported?

I'm simply curious: what generally happens when you are reported by other players? Does what ever staff involved actually take a moment to look into the situation before anything happens, or am I penalized in some way automatically based on the fact I was reported or the number of reports I have? What made me wonder was that earlier today I was in a match where I went 6/7 as Zeus and another player spammed "report zeus noob idiot feed" throughout the game and at the end of lobby (funny enough, they were 6/11 and the third teammate 6/9 but what ever) so I'm sure, by at least one person, I was reported for "intentional feeding" while having the best kdr on my team. This has happened many times to me before, where someone upset player can't seem to grasp the concept of "INTENTIONAL feeding' and reports me for being even one point in the negative on my kdr. Does someone actually look through the reports and would throw something like that out as bogus, do I still get a slap on the wrist in some inconsequential form, or does reporting do nothing after all?

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Depending on the report, you lose some goodwill. If the report is serious, like telling teammates to go hang themselves or something, you may get suspended. But in most cases, reporting does nothing.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    LIke TheoHel said, reports don't exactly do much. I do believe they build up though so someone in Hi Rez will review your account after a certain amount of reports
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    When you are reported you are fucked. Nah just kidding.

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes people get a warning and sometimes they get banned for idk how long.
    When something about the person that is reported was done then you get a message that well something has been done against the reported player.

(I think)
    Last edited by EndlessCactuar; 07-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    2 + 2 = Soap.
    Wait what?

Smite IGN: ChefKochTony
    Smite Tactics IGN: MichalPichal

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Absolutely nothing.

Seriously. Nothing. Especially being reported for feeding, as that's just a placebo for making people feel better about people playing bad.

Even opening a ticket for someone harassing you with real life threats, in game and out, over several accounts and several days, with screenshots included, does absolutely nothing. Been there, done that, the guy still plays every single day.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Have half of Smite's population on my blocklist due to toxicity, reported dozens of players sending death threats match after match and most of these people still play like nothing happened or dared to interrupt them.

You can imagine where this train goes. In some cases a player is about to be banned occasionally, but most of the time Hi-Rez won't spend or even couldn't spend enough resources to overcome the amount of banworthy people polluting the community.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    You lose goodwill if you get reported, if you get enough reports you are giving warnings or suspensions.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 2,509
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Most often nothing. Source: I haven't been banned yet.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Pawpad's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Absolutely nothing happens.

Until they get to it. which, considering the amounts of reports can take months.

Then they pull up the logs, review the game, determine if report was false or true.

Then I giggle madly when I get things like this three or four months down the road. Because at that point they probably have no clue it stemmed from a report nearly half a year ago.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    You lose goodwill if you get reported, if you get enough reports you are giving warnings or suspensions.
    man i got reported for poor behavior by few players who were feeding flaming and trolling ... i report them ofc ... and after maybe 3 or more reports i got that massage , i didn't lose any goodwill because they , 2 of them at least got banned for insults and flaming