Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Erlang Shen

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points

Opinions on Erlang Shen

So, patch hit yesterday, what is everybody's opinions on the changes made, more specifically, what's your opinions on Erlang Shen?

Personally, he is having the same issue that release Nemesis had; he is having an identity crisis where he is meant to be played as an Assassin, but has Warrior as his label.
    His kit meshes well together and actually feels good.
    His passive feels like it was just chucked on and feels rushed. His 1 is interesting, but not too potent, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the bonus damage was reduced or the AA penalty was taken away/reduced. His 2 is awesome, however, the damage increment is absurd but is offset by the poor scaling; expecting this to have its base damage reduced in the future. His 3, whilst being an expansion on the 72 transformations (Maybe we will eventually have 72), is still unique; the Mink is useful for engaging in targets that have wasted their escapes whilst the Turtle is best used as part of his ability combo of Ult > 2 > Turtle; essentially locking someone down for at least 3 seconds at max rank (1.75 second root+cripple, and a 1.2 second taunt results in 2.95 seconds before taking into account the knockup). Finally, his Ultimate is bloated; damage reduction, a taunt, and a flat heal with bonus health percentage; it's silly. The flat heal needs to be reduced and damage mitigation should honestly be 10% instead of 15%. Just my opinions, although, people either seem to be really good with him or just outright garbage.

Other changes that were awesome were the technical healer buffs, the passive changes (love the NeZha one), and the death of Golden Bow (which should have been reworked since if it was melee only, Ullr (in axe form) and Mercury would probably be the only ones to make use of it.

So, how about you guys, what are your opinions on Erlang Shen and the rest of the changes?
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Gamertag: TsuToNami
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    He feels like a guardian and warrior hybrid to me. I am currently not to fond of him to use him and hate fighting against him since I am still adjusting to him.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    As a Sun wukong player (arena) i'm a bit jealous of him. He got a way better Ultimate while having aswell a better offensive kit and a great escape too.

I'm not going to exchange my tiger against his mink but it's only 'cause i'm faithful. Well... mainly because i hate his look and voice.

Sun wu need a better regen during his Ultimate ! It's hard to gear him right know, i've to buy gaia stone to stay on the battlefield.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    he seems more like an assassin if you ask me, I did ok with him in jungle but haven't tried him solo lane yet

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    He... Hard to get used to in my opinion. Played him alot last night and had mixed experiences. I found it hard to find a good build. I was forced into a mid lane, and its not a good idea. I cant see solo to be much better. His clear is slow and he will fall behind. He needs jungle or maybe carry. His utility is nice and you can stay alive for awhile. His damage is consistant, not burst, his 2 becomes a nice engage and finisher, and 3 is nice engage for one target or multiples(mink or turtle). Ult is nice in the right situation. I think biggest problem is everyone concentrates on him since hes new, so i was also the first target of choice. Even tho it shoulda been our carry, they came after me and our carry would nuke em. I think until people to used to everything and the hype cools down hes gonna be hard to play. Also didnt help that, with the patch their were alot of premades on last night and im a solo queue

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Chibo's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    hes like fafnir, harder to use, which is good but he needs the heal on the ult nerfed. about 1/2 your health back in 1 go is insane. also hes a great jungle or solo so good to have 2 usable roles. stupid look to him and voice pack is %@*#.

so far op but not as much as others have been (susano) due to skill required to use him, not to mention basic attack gods are generally harder on console to pc so hes better on pc probably.
    solid s if using the current god tier list. needs nerfed, another op god on release, at least he requires more than a brain cell to use(susano!!!!!)
    gt:chiboiscool
    say something nice!

uh, you rock!?

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    ELS seems balanced(Just wait before you barraged me with a big box of why he's op) because his basic attack hit chain. It's pathetic if ELS were to face odin in a battle of only basic attacks,no items and both lvl 20. He'd lose.* (*Actually tested this w a friend, Odin lost because of the dogs damage, ELS was down to 20 health though) ELS's hit chain goes like this : (Damage) .65 .65 .65 1 .8 ( Attack speed per strike ) : .75 .75 .75 1.1 .9. Odin's chain: 1/1/1/1.5(damage and swing time)

For an basic based god it's pitiful, making qin sais pretty much mandatory(unless you don't care to struggle damage wise) the hit chain also makes attack speed less worth buying. Having to buy qin sais also creates another problem, having 5 open item slots instead of 6 and then that needs a pen item for the bonus damage to be the most efficient. There goes 2 items from your build. Add on top of that he's a warrior and needs a little bit of everything in a given build.

Overall doing good with ELS depends a lot on a players build, compared to other warriors.
    Last edited by JustRun175; 07-14-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The letters O and P come to mind. Let's see a root, a taunt, a knock up, a shield, an ult that returns 50% of his health, pretty beefy attack damage if built correctly, let's just throw in the kitchen sink while we're at it.
    Last edited by ChaoticP; 07-13-2016 at 11:58 PM.
    "Know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a 100 battles." -Sun Tzu

Senior Member Chosen ShoNuff Kay's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Veteran
    You have to remember that his Ult does no damage and just taunts for a little over a second. Sure its a huge heal. but He can easily get bursted down.
    Mastery X Ravana

Thanatos is bae

Yeah I know What the tier lists and pros say.

Too bad I don't care.

You can run but you can't outrun Death!!!
    I'm coming for you Rama

Quote Originally Posted by KFire
    Not having mobility is better anyways because it means you have 4 skills designed to kick the ass of your opponents.

Junior Member Cupidhead XGCoHitokiri's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I think he is a solid god if you play him correctly, I haven't quite gotten the hang of him but a friend of mine plays him a lot in casual conquest since you can't play him in ranked and he does well. Knows how to build him so he is tanky enough but can also deal damage and get kills. A very solid god in my opinion that isn't overpowered or under powered (unless you don't know how to use him).