Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Avoid me"

New Member Cupidhead IKnwWhereUSleep's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

"Avoid me"

Can someone please tell me why in gods name people with "Avoid me" rep are given the permission to play ranked on Xbox smite? 90% of the games with "Avoid me" people are trolled or them going afk. This is something that seriously needs to be fixed

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    That's on Xbox's part, not Hi-Rez. And besides, just because someone has a negative reputation, it doesn't mean that they are bad or not suitable to be playing Ranked. Although, I would prefer if everyone with a negative reputation was grouped together, but that may increase queue time significantly.
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Gamertag: TsuToNami
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

The whole reason they have negitive rep is because they did something to ruin the experience of another player. They have a page explaining rep. Hi-Rez also has complete control over who can play and can't play their game. A good example would be battlefield hardline. Before avoid me players were aloud to play with good player, they couldn't play most games. The games choice if they wanted to play or not, Halo 5 only put people with avoid me with avoid me rep people, call of duty didn't let them play period. The only game that let people play freely was battlefield hardline. The people that own the games have complete control. I figure the best course of action would be to not let them play ranked, just ranked, till they got their rep up
    Last edited by IKnwWhereUSleep; 07-13-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Achievements:
    Hi-Rez has their own report system, if people didn't want people to play, then report the person who is harrassing/trolling/feeding/etc. The only issue is that people seem to forget to use the report function since it's somewhat hidden away and it is not possible to report someone after exiting the Victory/Defeat screen. As I said, just let people with poor reputation play Ranked with one another, that way, they are only annoying other's with the same problems.
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

The in game report does nothing

Achievements:
    Yes it does, Hi-Rez even implemented a message that is sent to you if someone that you have reported has been punished. You have to consider that the report system is based upon the consistency of being reported; i.e. if someone is reported every game for 10 games in a row for the same reason, then Hi-Rez is alerted of this and as such, will take action to check these reports and act accordingly. I don't understand why you think the in game report does nothing.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv_iTsunami View Post
    Yes it does, Hi-Rez even implemented a message that is sent to you if someone that you have reported has been punished. You have to consider that the report system is based upon the consistency of being reported; i.e. if someone is reported every game for 10 games in a row for the same reason, then Hi-Rez is alerted of this and as such, will take action to check these reports and act accordingly. I don't understand why you think the in game report does nothing.
    Yeah that sounds way too lenient, if it takes 5-10 games in a row I doubt anyone is going to get punished if they're not actually trying to get punished.
    Last edited by ChaoticP; 07-13-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    "Know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a 100 battles." -Sun Tzu

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Negative rep on xbox live means nothing. Just play Halo or any shooters and watch how fast it falls.

Junior Member Cupidhead Demigod's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    the Xbox rep system is broken. Most people you'll see with avoid me rep were reported for supposedly being the main factor of losses in their previous games. Play smite at night and most of the people you'll play with will have bad reps.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticP View Post
    Yeah that sounds way too lenient, if it takes 5-10 games in a row I doubt anyone is going to get punished if they're not actually trying to get punished.
    Don't get me wrong, the system doesn't feel refined enough to warrant as an actual reporting system, however, I was only stating to IKnwWhereUSleep that the system does actually work... even if it is somewhat lenient as you said.