Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Old Joust Map

Senior Member Honoured SilentKnightAvS's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascan7 View Post
    Oh, they know what they want. People complaining about BDK are mage players who used to turtle a lot.
    Oh, sorry. I assumed all those players now either play frostalis hunters or loki. My mistake on that one.
    Everything i post in my threads/reply to other threads is my own opinion towards the game. I do not claim to know everything nor do i claim to be the best at anything. So keep that in mind before you throw your inner elitist at me.

Favourite skin: Steel Samurai Susano
    Favourite god: Hades

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AuzzieDonkey's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The old map wasn't that bad, maybe bring it back for an motd would be nice once in a while. If not maybe a week where they return all of the old maps for 1 week as an awesome special event would be Ayy Mayy Zang

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Reindear's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    http://smite.guru/match/hr/265492287

Click on that, and look at the match. Now, my team was losing for quite awhile in the early game. You know what brought us back? The Bull Demon King. You CAN use it to your advantage if you were losing, it's just a matter of how you do it.

You don't necessarily have to kill the Bull Demon King to get yourself an advantage. Just using the fact that it exists works. For instance, you can set yourself up to ambush the enemy team because they know that Bull Demon King is a thing and they don't want you to get it. This gives you upper hand ( assuming you play your cards right ) because now they're in a position you FORCED them to be in.

Also, while I didn't play Ranked in Season 2 considering I was still relatively new ( I've been here since Season 1 but never actually played on the account until the end of Season 2 ) I remember the map rather well. It was literally heaven to any God that needed to farm and wait for late game. You're playing a late game adc vs Hades? No worries, just camp the tower/phoenix, and then come on out late game with Fatalis and all that fun jazz and win the game.

The old map encouraged a type of gameplay that no one who truly appreciates PvP for what it is would consider it "fun". Fun for most PvP players is an intense fight between yourself and another player where no one truly seems to have the upper hand and the only thing that tips the scales is your own skill.

Whereas now with this map, it's brilliant. Late game you are punished very severely if your team messes up. Or if you die in a 1v1, for that matter. Because even if there are no minions, between a tank, an adc, and a mage, you can still take the tower/phoenix. In a 1v1 situation you don't need to tank it; you can just take Bull Demon King without an issue. Furthermore; Bull Demon King is brilliant because think of it this way:

A team just wiped the enemy team and took their tower but due to their extremely low HP they needed to back. Now you might argue that if this team was able to wipe the enemy team under tower then the enemy team has no chance because the first team will take Bull Demon King and then take Phoenix. Here is where good calls come into play. The adc and mage of the enemy team can take Bull Demon King while the Support defends. This way, you're ensuring the survival of your Phoenix so long as you don't get outplayed, and you're giving yourself a better chance at taking the enemy tower. To top this all off, if someone of the first team were to rush to save the Bull Demon King, you might just get a free kill due to hasty judgement.

New Member Cupidhead RagingPebbles12's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    I made a petition it would help if you supported it https://www.change.org/p/hi-rez-stud...share_petition

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Closed the 2 other threads and please refer to this here for Old Joust discussion. I still dont know how it comes we had 4 damn Joust threads on the first page
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I actually like the look of the Joust map from what I've heard the common complaints about the new joust map is that AOE=Win most of the time gods with big abilities like Poseidon and Ah Puch dominate same with Hou Yi it feels like those gods just clean house without really having to try leading to a frustrating game now of course there's ways to get around that and counterplay and I'm in no way saying that anyone should be nerfed I've had my fair share of wins against these gods but that didn't make it any less frustrating I mainly play conquest so when I play Joust its very aggravating for such an irrelevant and easy to gank god such as Ah Puch to go from low tier to S his abilities themselves aren't too big

THE MAP IS TOO SMALL

they just need to open up the lane a little more and I'm sure that'd help a lot for more dodging and more aggressive play because as of right now joust is just everyone sitting around waiting for their ults and hoping they get a decide I BDK is fine it was necessary i don't want to go back to those days of sitting under phoenix for 20 minutes
    "Aim for the moon. Even if you miss, you could land among the stars."

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Closed the 2 other threads and please refer to this here for Old Joust discussion. I still dont know how it comes we had 4 damn Joust threads on the first page
    Lot of zombies around these days. Must be a Necromancer on the loose.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I suggest this to be brough back as a 2v2 map, smite is in need of one of that.