Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old Joust Map

Junior Member Cupidhead TheReaperIsBack's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Old Joust Map

I was just wondering why they removed the joust map, idk but it would be cool for them to bring it back, by like adding it to the original joust q or making a new mode called like joust 1.0 and add that map back, i loved that map :0

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Map was awfully designed and simply encouraged turtling with a late game comp.

I doubt Hirez would bring back a map that was actually not very popular when there's an improved version.

Member Worshipper LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    They removed it cause it was a map that had a LOT of stalemating. Since there were no other entrances to the phoenix except from the front (unlike the side way now) people would turtle quite hard and prolong games upwards of 20 minutes until they reached the end game and had a bit of a fairer shot at winning. They wanted to remove the turtling and update the map to represent a pantheon instead of a generic medieval style.

They also wanted to make it more concise as well. Now since its a bit easier to get around, you don't have to walk for 30 seconds to try and get behind someone, its fairly easy now. Another thing they wanted to do was bring the number of buffs down from 6 to 3. 4 if you count the BDK.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a throwback MOTD with an old map or something as well.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    The old joust map was good for Motd only

Random picks for 5v5s, starting with 100,000 gold is not a bad Motd for the map.

It actually feels like a joust with 5 players duking it out in a small confined lane.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Party Person 1 year registered
    Well idk but the old map looked much better. this however.. i just want to scream and so im avoiding it at all possible cost. Map is ugly af

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    The main differences between the maps are that you could turtle for eternity in the old one, and in the new one getting the first red buff or blood wins you the game. They just changed the focus of the map from late to early, although it did become more visually pleasing so that's nice.

Overall I just want a new map altogether, I don't like the way either of them work, the fact that you can sit under your phoenix for literally forever is retarded, but so is the fact that you pretty much win the game by getting a single buff or kill.

New Member Cupidhead LuminosityNC's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Achievements:
    31 days registered
    I wouldn't like it back as standard 3vs3 map but it wouldn't be bad as motd - like normal 3vs3 on old map.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    I want 2 the old map

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    With mages being so OP in season 3, that map would be really shit. Play a god with an insta-clear and a dangerous ult, stay in tower all the time, clear by pressing a button, wait until enemies make a mistake, kill them with ult, win. Looks very funny.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascan7 View Post
    With mages being so OP in season 3, that map would be really shit. Play a god with an insta-clear and a dangerous ult, stay in tower all the time, clear by pressing a button, wait until enemies make a mistake, kill them with ult, win. Looks very funny.

Sadly, I've noticed this too. Many team comps won't attack until their ults are up. So every 60 seconds or so they will blink in, the ults in and hope for the wipe. If that doesn't work, retreat with actives and wait it out again.

Sadly, this is very common.