Thread: Bellona solo lane and general 1v1s

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Bellona solo lane and general 1v1s

When I play Bellona I normally don't do terrible but as soon as it's 1v1 or solo lane It's a loss. I can generally play bellona well in any other gamemode. Although I never can keep a build for more than 3 games because I suck with it one game, do good the next and then bad again then I change it and the cycle continues. I also haven't found her combo if she has a combo for that matter.
    What should I build? What order? What order should I level up her abilties? What's her combo?

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    When I play Bellona I normally don't do terrible but as soon as it's 1v1 or solo lane It's a loss. I can generally play bellona well in any other gamemode. Although I never can keep a build for more than 3 games because I suck with it one game, do good the next and then bad again then I change it and the cycle continues. I also haven't found her combo if she has a combo for that matter.
    What should I build? What order? What order should I level up her abilties? What's her combo?
    hello, I got her rank X and I've played her a lot in conquest and ranked too!
    I'm definitely not a pro, but I can give you some advice for the solo lane (and ranked duel too, I love her in that mode!)
    she's a basic-attacker warrior, and her kit works well against other basic attackers like assassins and hunters, and some warriors.
    I usually start wit tier 1 shoes and death toll if against an Auto attacker, bluestone pendant if against an ability based character.
    usual order to level her abilities is: 2-3-1-2-4-2-2-3-4 etc. so max her bludgeon first, then scourge as second, then her shield dash. I max her ultimate whenever as possible.
    her usual combo is ultimate, stun, use your bludgeon, then you can either use 1 or 3.
    in the laning phase, bludgeon is your main clear, so always max it first.
    use your 3 to poke your opponent, especially if he's an auto-attacker, and your 1.
    you may have hard times against mages, warriors like hercules, guardians like cabrakan, which are very strong early game and ability based.
    the real problem is that they can stop your bludgeon with stuns, knockups, silence, even ymir can do that with his 3.
    in these cases, I always level bludgeon first, but I start attacking the minions, then use my 3 to harass.
    they'll have to use their stun at some moment, in response to your poke, at that moment use your bludgeon trying to hit both minions and the opponent god.
    you can use your 1 very offensively against assassins or hunters, but keep it to run away or chase ability based gods.
    her build is pretty standard, like:
    offensive build: Power boots, breastplate of valor, bulwark of hope, frostbound hammer, qin's sais, ichaival/titan's bane
    tanky build if you are the teamfight initiator: power boots, hide of the urchin/spirit robe, breastplate of valor, bulwark of hope, frostbound hammer, qin's sais. You may switch urchin or spirit robe to mantle of discord late game. Always get pestilence against healers.
    remember she's a AA spammer, so when you have frostbound + qin's you can start chasing squishies just by spamming her basic attack.
    bellona is pretty good in early game imho, even if you can't stand against warriors like hercules, chaac or vamana.
    she falls mid game, while I think she can be very powerful in late game with full build, because she's tanky and has a good output damage.
    Sed sonus armorum superat gemitusque cadentum, pollutosque simul multo Bellona penates sanguine perfundit renovataque proelia miscet.
    (Publius Ovidius Naso, Metamorphoses, V.155)

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Giammafix View Post
    hello, I got her rank X and I've played her a lot in conquest and ranked too!
    I'm definitely not a pro, but I can give you some advice for the solo lane (and ranked duel too, I love her in that mode!)
    she's a basic-attacker warrior, and her kit works well against other basic attackers like assassins and hunters, and some warriors.
    I usually start wit tier 1 shoes and death toll if against an Auto attacker, bluestone pendant if against an ability based character.
    usual order to level her abilities is: 2-3-1-2-4-2-2-3-4 etc. so max her bludgeon first, then scourge as second, then her shield dash. I max her ultimate whenever as possible.
    her usual combo is ultimate, stun, use your bludgeon, then you can either use 1 or 3.
    in the laning phase, bludgeon is your main clear, so always max it first.
    use your 3 to poke your opponent, especially if he's an auto-attacker, and your 1.
    you may have hard times against mages, warriors like hercules, guardians like cabrakan, which are very strong early game and ability based.
    the real problem is that they can stop your bludgeon with stuns, knockups, silence, even ymir can do that with his 3.
    in these cases, I always level bludgeon first, but I start attacking the minions, then use my 3 to harass.
    they'll have to use their stun at some moment, in response to your poke, at that moment use your bludgeon trying to hit both minions and the opponent god.
    you can use your 1 very offensively against assassins or hunters, but keep it to run away or chase ability based gods.
    her build is pretty standard, like:
    offensive build: Power boots, breastplate of valor, bulwark of hope, frostbound hammer, qin's sais, ichaival/titan's bane
    tanky build if you are the teamfight initiator: power boots, hide of the urchin/spirit robe, breastplate of valor, bulwark of hope, frostbound hammer, qin's sais. You may switch urchin or spirit robe to mantle of discord late game. Always get pestilence against healers.
    remember she's a AA spammer, so when you have frostbound + qin's you can start chasing squishies just by spamming her basic attack.
    bellona is pretty good in early game imho, even if you can't stand against warriors like hercules, chaac or vamana.
    she falls mid game, while I think she can be very powerful in late game with full build, because she's tanky and has a good output damage.
    Thank you for the help.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    If playing duel and you're up against another physical Ichaival is very good on her. Remember that just spamming AA's in her 1 stance gives her AA blocks. Most top tier gods in duel are AA based, and that is what gives her a place in the duel scene actually. What Ichaival does is augmenting her already strong game by giving her the attack speed to faster build block stacks and also steal power.
    If up against physical in duel you'll want to build something like this:

Ichaival (can be sold late game for situational), Warrior Tabi, Breastplate of Valor, Frostbound, Titan's Bane, Qin's Sais.
    You want to start Wrath as active, make sure the buffs and bull demon are yours and bully the other player out.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    she's more of a tank than a fighter
    Last edited by sketch55; 07-23-2016 at 07:01 PM.