Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Types of Players: In-game player Edition

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered

Types of Players: In-game player Edition

Smite has a wide variety of players. Each person has a unique personality and attitude towards the game. However, there are categories that certain people fall into. If I miss anything, feel free to comment. (Keep in mind that this is the player edition. Not the god edition XD)
    This is meant to just be interesting. As such, you shouldn’t take it too seriously. (it's just what I have gathered through my time playing the game)

The Newbie: The newbie is a person that just started the game. They usually don’t know how to play Smite and sometimes mobas in general. As such, they’ll usually get stomped into the ground by more experienced Smite players. Solution: Help the newbie out by giving tips and advice. If you like them, add them to your clan and teach them the ropes.

The Noob: Confused with the newbie (and vice versa) the noob is the kind of player that is just bad at the game in general. While it is possible to help out some that might be considered noobs, the actually noobs will usually refuse to accept help and bad mouth you. They will also expect the world of you and think you can be everywhere at once. Solution: Attempt to help them, but if they refuse, try to help their lane out so that they don’t become a feeder.

The Afkers:The afkers have sub groups that tie in to this type of player. Some are worse than others, but generally, this type of player leaves the game for a period of time.
    The Genuine Afker: I hear you saying it now. “Genuine? What do you mean by Genuine?” To answer that question, a Genuine Afker will only leave for a few minutes. Something came up and they had to go and take care of it. They don’t want to be afk, but they had to take care of something really quick. Solution: Be understanding and accept that they have to go for a minute. In the meantime, try and play defensive and help keep their lane up while they’re gone. After all, it could be a lot worse…
    The Afker: This kind of player is gone for the entire game. Whether it is due to lag or for the sake of trolling is uncertain, but generally, you wind up short a member in to where your now 4v5, 3v4, or 2v3. (depending on game mode) Solution: Try and see if you can still win. For while you might be short a member, it is possible to still win. Report the afker at the end of the game.
    The Rage Afker: This kind of player afk due to rage at his team, enemy team, or something else entirely. These kinds of players will also move around in the fountain to make it where they are not “afk” when they’re actually doing nothing in-game. (though most will just go afk entirely) Solution: Report at the end of the game.

The Rage/Toxic players: This kind of player rages at their team, the enemy team, or just in general for the sake of it. However, as with afkers, there are different kinds of rage/toxic players. Solution for most: Mute and report at the end of the game.
    The Bmer: This kind of player uses the vgs system to spam the chat box. They will generally use VER, VVGN, etc. whenever their ‘target’ dies and will harass them the entire game. Some also click on the map itself to point out their ‘target’.
    The Insulter: This kind of player spends most of the time harassing (a) player(s) for being bad in the chat box. (whether they are or not)
    The Bad Player: This kind of player will perform badly, but blame their failings on another player or simply pick on someone doing slightly worse to make themselves feel better.
    The VERY Bad Player: This kind of player is like the Bad Player, but they will insult a player that is doing better than them by stating they aren’t ‘helping’ them. (even if you do help them and you’re the last person to leave a team fight)
    The Ignorer: This kind of player refuses to help out a person they are raging against even when they call out for help.

The Trolls: This kind of player trolls their fellow teammates through a variety of ways. Generally, their main goal is to ensure their teammates have a bad time.
    The Laugher: This kind of player spams the laugh constantly whenever they kill you or see you get killed. (regardless of team) Solution: Mute
    The Saboteur: This kind of player tries their hardest to ensure you die. An example of this is if you are running away and your ally Ymir places a wall in front of you to ensure you get caught by the enemy team. Solution: Report and avoid them in-game if possible.
    The Auto-locker: This player automatically locks in a god without discussing comp with the rest of the team. Solution: Work around them as best as you can.
    The Bragger: These types of players gloat over their victory and bring the other team down for being ‘bad’.

The Feeders: Ever played a game where you had to feed something in order for it to grow more powerful? These types of players are playing that type of game.
    The Newbie: This type of player doesn’t wish to feed, but their lack of experience may cause them to feed a more experience team kills. Solution: Help them out and give advice when possible.
    Bad Day Player: This type of player, while they might be good, aren’t in the groove and wind up failing their lanes. While they don’t wish to feed and feel frustrated when they do, they can’t seem to do anything to stop it. Solution: Try to be kind and understanding to this kind of player. They don’t wish to intentionally feed. You might also want to help out their lane when possible.
    Feeder: This kind of player usually jumps into large groups and towers and tries to solo the entire enemy team. As such, they will usually wind up feeding. Solution: Back them up if possible (so they aren’t really feeding the enemy team) and report at the end of the game.
    Intentional Feeder: This player purposely feeds the enemy team by running into towers and groups of enemies without attacking. Solution: Report at end of game.

The ‘Pros’: These kinds of players call themselves ‘pros’. While some might actually be pros, most only think they are.
    The Shot Caller: This type of player tries to dictate where everyone goes. While some are actually good, thus people listen to them, others want everyone to follow them into certain death or neglect to defend a lane. If a player tries to do something differently, such as defend the other lanes from a backdoor, they will usually yell at that player for not being with the group. Solution: Follow a good shot caller if their idea is good, but don’t follow blindly if they’re a bad player and try to do the impossible.
    The Meta Player: This player builds off of what is considered the ‘best’ for their gods and will generally lash out if someone builds something slightly different from what is the ‘best build’ for that god. Sometimes, they are justified. However, a lot of them are not. May also question your choice of god. Soliton: Mute if they keep spamming you. (though consider their advice before doing so for there is a slight chance that they might be right.)
    The Pro: They are some of the best in the game…. enough said.

The Smurf: A player that is below level 30 but plays like they started from Beta (which they might have). These players create other accounts to play with lower level friends, just because, or to mess with lower level players. Solution: Try your best and if you can't win...cry in a corner because that's probably all you can do at that point.

Random:
    The Casual: Average player. They’re not the best, nor are they the worse. They’re in between most of the time.
    The Meta Breaker: This kind of player breaks the rules of the meta by making builds that go against the ‘meta’. While some might not work, others work extremely well.

Added from comment section:

From JustRun175:

• The Surrender asap players: They hit the surrender button as soon as the time hits 10mins. They generally are doing terrible or don't want to deal with the current disadvantage they/the team is facing. solution: Don't vote yes until the game is actually pointless. Understand their situation and don't just call them quiters because of it.
    • The Never Surrender players: They always vote no to surrender till the fall of a titan. While great players to have on a team because their determination,they often keep miserable games going for those that are doing miserable. These players find great satisfaction in a comeback or honorable defeat.

From GodlyTheo:

• The VGS Enthusiast: This type of player loves using the voice guided system. What they tend to do mostly is VVGH+VVGL+VVGF when the game begins, VVVE whenever they leave the fountain, VVB, VSTB or VSR whenever they recall (coupled with VVM), VVS and/or VVGS whenever they die and respond with VVA to everything their teammates say to show their approval. Moreover, they actively react to anything that happens using commands from the VV- and VE- sections. They're the first to report incoming enemies and their ults, they let their team know what they're doing using the VS- commands, they do VVVD when their ult is almost ready (followed by a VVVR when it actually is ready) and they never neglect to thank their teammates for their help, using VVT, of course.

From SilentKnightAvS:

• Silent Hero: Legend says there are some players out there who always make the right shots, give up roles for their team, never rage and are always ready to be in your lane to counter-gank while managing his buffs / has stolen all enemy buffs, has got 6 pentas in 1 game while playing support and has done your taxes and it all at the same time.

Probably forgot some and some of this is probably not accurate, but it's not meant to be taken seriously. So don't hate me too much XD.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 08-31-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Black3ned's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can't understand what exactly is the initial purpose of this thread?

It's not supposed to be taken seriously nor is it funny,what a waste of forum space.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ned View Post
    I can't understand what exactly is the initial purpose of this thread?

It's not supposed to be taken seriously nor is it funny,what a waste of forum space.
    Well it'll be gone pretty quick if that's the case XD. I did it because I felt like it.

God Concepts:

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    The Commander: This type of player tries to dictate where everyone goes. While some are actually good, thus people listen to them, others want everyone to follow them into certain death or neglect to defend a lane. If a player tries to do something differently, such as defend the other lanes from a backdoor, they will usually yell at that player for not being with the group. Solution: Follow a good commander if their idea is good, but don’t follow blindly if they’re a bad player and try to do the impossible.
    Its called shot callers and i could say i consider my self one of them becuz i always do the shot calls and then i just pray for my team to listen to them
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Its called shot callers and i could say i consider my self one of them becuz i always do the shot calls and then i just pray for my team to listen to them
    Ok thanks XD

God Concepts:

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This is actually pretty accurate. Also please fix the color on feeders, I cannot read that blue for the life of me
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZodiacZer0 View Post
    This is actually pretty accurate. Also please fix the color on feeders, I cannot read that blue for the life of me
    Thanks and I changed the color.

God Concepts:

Senior Member Prestigious AcidTheWarlock's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter
    So true man. I get the trolls a lot since I suck lol
    BANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAA

ACIDTHEWARLOOOOOOCK

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I love it. To the Genuine Afker add the example: "My mom was calling" :v (So true though)
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    The Meta Breaker: This kind of player breaks the rules of the meta by making builds that go against the ‘meta’. While some might not work, others work extremely well.
    How do you know where I live
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts