Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89

Thread: Crits are stupid

  1. #31
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aximundi View Post
    When are you not building sov... when....when is sov not a great item even if the team is all magical your still giving that extra 20 magical protections to you team

    Its mandatory
    lol

    A) i don't care whether you agree with me or not

    B) I play without Sovereignty unless my team is losing. #yolothuglyfehatersgonnah8

    C) Explain to me why it's not on every guardian on tiermonster then for every game mode - if it was truly mandatory, you'd run it on every gamemode regardless of role or build

    D) Are you going to argue that midas' boots, watcher's gift, voidstone and breastplate of valor are mandatory as well (well BoV and Voidstone are obviously mandatory because 10/10 game design)

    I build it as my second last item and function well without it and do my job well without it. You don't need it to survive. It's not core. It's not mandatory like CDR is, or Voidstone is due to insane damage scaling on Guardians.

    You can still build Guardians like bruisers by ignoring CDR and building penetration for the assisted harass/whatever.
    Last edited by MikalMirkas; 03-28-2014 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    658
    5
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikalMirkas View Post
    lol

    A) i don't care whether you agree with me or not

    B) I play without Sovereignty unless my team is losing. #yolothuglyfehatersgonnah8

    C) Explain to me why it's not on every guardian on tiermonster then for every game mode - if it was truly mandatory, you'd run it on every gamemode regardless of role or build

    D) Are you going to argue that midas' boots, watcher's gift, voidstone and breastplate of valor are mandatory as well (well BoV and Voidstone are obviously mandatory because 10/10 game design)

    I build it as my second last item and function well without it and do my job well without it. You don't need it to survive. It's not core. It's not mandatory like CDR is, or Voidstone is due to insane damage scaling on Guardians.

    You can still build Guardians like bruisers by ignoring CDR and building penetration for the assisted harass/whatever.
    Simple words... Just because you can do doesn't make it correct

  3. #33
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    oh of course

    but i proved that it's not mandatory

    highly recommended? yes

    berated by forum users if i speak my mind otherwise? probably

    essential to your job? arguable
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    658
    5
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikalMirkas View Post
    oh of course

    but i proved that it's not mandatory

    highly recommended? yes

    berated by forum users if i speak my mind otherwise? probably

    essential to your job? arguable
    what proof?

    Al you gave were opinions...There is no hard fact

    There is never a game where that 20 protections are not good.
    Same with my posts they are opinion but in my opinion it is mandatory.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aximundi View Post
    what proof?

    Al you gave were opinions...There is no hard fact

    There is never a game where that 20 protections are not good.
    Same with my posts they are opinion but in my opinion it is mandatory.
    Can you support without it? Yes.

    Can you carry without Deathbringer? Eeeeeeeeeeeeh.

    Is Deathbringer mandatory? Yes.

    Is Sovereignty mandatory? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    658
    5
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikalMirkas View Post
    Can you support without it? Yes.

    Can you carry without Deathbringer? Eeeeeeeeeeeeh.

    Is Deathbringer mandatory? Yes.

    Is Sovereignty mandatory? No.
    If you want to play it that game of can you carry can you support can you etc etc.. in that case no item is madatory.

    can you got auto attack Poseidon and win yes..could mages before they changed it crush people going physical damage yes...
    Did it make it good or correct no...ive seen games were carries don't go DB and still carry..
    You as a support are there to support your team and when so few buff aura items are good
    saying well.... i can make myself tanker or do more damage or etc.. you should be thinking how can i better keep my team alive and that 40+ protections together helps.

    Just like i said just because you can do it does not make it correct

    We can argue about this all you want both of sides are opinions unless you wish to play the card that says you don't need it to win , and if it comes down to that you don't need any 1 specific item to win.
    Its called a build for a reason its more then the sum of each items parts.

    to me there is never a point where i don't want to give my team as a whole the best chance they can to stay alive then i see it as a mandatory. Simple as that If you behind great they stay alive longer ,even great stay alive longer ,ahead great they stay alive longer.
    Last edited by Aximundi; 03-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.

  7. #37
    Junior Member Cupidhead GreeneKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    20
    3
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't like crits much either OP, in any game, but coming from DotA2 and TF2 these crits feel pretty tame. In TF2 crits are 300% damage, and with the already fast pace of the game they manage to suck the fun right out. In DotA2 there is a character named "Phantom Assassin" that can crit for 450%. I've seen underleveled supports evaporate (that's not true - they died in a bloodsplosion) when hit by Phantom Assassin. You're right, crits suck, but here I barely even notice them, lol.

  8. #38
    Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    834
    6
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneKnight View Post
    I don't like crits much either OP, in any game, but coming from DotA2 and TF2 these crits feel pretty tame. In TF2 crits are 300% damage, and with the already fast pace of the game they manage to suck the fun right out. In DotA2 there is a character named "Phantom Assassin" that can crit for 450%. I've seen underleveled supports evaporate (that's not true - they died in a bloodsplosion) when hit by Phantom Assassin. You're right, crits suck, but here I barely even notice them, lol.
    In DotA, crits are an effect and do not stack with other auto attack crits or passive crits. Each crit chance is rolled separately, and only one can crit at any one point, making multiple crit sources inefficient. Furthermore, crit chance and crit damage do not stack with each other, and crit chance runs on a pseudo distribution, so crit chance is lower than expected.

    Daedalus in DotA gives you 25% critical strike with 2.4x damage, compared to Deathbringer's + Rage's >50% chance with 2.5x damage. Crystalys gives even less crit. Phantom Assassin's crit damage may be 4.5x, but that only happens when she gets her utlimate to level 3, and her crit chance is still only 15%.

    Crits in SMITE are way more reliable and much more damaging too.
    Last edited by AlexError; 03-29-2014 at 05:54 AM.

  9. #39
    Member Follower Zavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Frolicing in a Panda Suit
    Posts
    157
    4
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    Mages are carries as well. Bruisers are carries as well. The jungling assassins are carries as well. Their scalings are way less than the amount of critical hits that hunters are able to dish out.
    Erm....No. Hunters are ADCs, A.K.A Attack Damage Carry. Mages, Bruisers, and Assassins CAN carry, but their classes aren't meant to carry. They are easily burstable and actually deal less damage than a Mage. A He Bo can easily hit you for 400-600 at max Magical Protection, defense is meant to defend against a % of damage, not make everything you take an insignificant amount.

  10. #40
    Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    834
    6
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavern View Post
    Erm....No. Hunters are ADCs, A.K.A Attack Damage Carry. Mages, Bruisers, and Assassins CAN carry, but their classes aren't meant to carry. They are easily burstable and actually deal less damage than a Mage. A He Bo can easily hit you for 400-600 at max Magical Protection, defense is meant to defend against a % of damage, not make everything you take an insignificant amount.
    Attack damage carry is only one specific type of carry. You have durable carries, utility carries, and much, much more. A mage is a carry, especially due to how farm dependent they are; similarly, junglers are carries. The solo laner is DEFINITELY a hard carry, otherwise there would be no reason for him/her to sit in the solo lane, farming until his/her 3rd or 4th item.

    They are easily burstable and actually deal less damage than a Mage.
    You jest? RIght? 1.5 attacks a second, with an average of 400 dps, firing for 4 seconds gives you insane crits, insane damage and insane scaling. There's a reason why hunters like Neith, Apollo and Cupid who have virtually NO steroids build their auto attacks up - it's because auto attacks scale tremendously well. Similarly, you don't see low scaling mages like Aphrodite, Ymir and Bacchus build full mage - you don't get the crazy scaling that you get on physicals. PHYSICAL Ra was VIABLE back when mages could build physical items.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •