Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Kill Stealling

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Opinions on Kill Stealling

As the title suggests I'm just seeking what other peoples opinions on kill stealing? The reason why I am asking this is last night I got a couple of messages of a player who I might have stole about 2-3 kills off him in a game even though my Jing Wei hit for about 1/3 of the enemies health to kill them after snowballing from early kills and good farming, so I don't even know if it can be classed as a steal but as a result the player rage quitted. Plus I see it a lot with people spamming VGS and pinging players that they are unhappy, and I find it worse when it comes down to each player is like one hit from death someone comes in potential saves your team mate then they are classed as the bad guy for stealing a kill.

Here is my take on it and I know some people will disagree, Arena every kill is fair game even if it is a steal because it is arena. In the other game modes I'm not too bothered about someone stealing my kills as I look at the big picture especially late game that one of their team is out for a while so we can put pressure on to try and win games or control objectives such as farming camps for xp or doing the gold fury/fire giant. Plus if I'm close to death I'd rather someone comes in and steals a kill than me potential dying over a bit of pride.

The only time I would say it isn't acceptable to steal is if someone is chasing a possible Quadra/Pentakill but obviously if an enemy is at the other side of the map its not going to happen.
    XB1 Gamertag: muzzirenti - PS4 Gamertag: muzzirenti_90

Current Diamonds: Isis, Nu Wa, Jing Wei, Ymir, Neith, AMC.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Kill stealing is not a thing in Smite; it's a team based game, as such, no one technically owns a kill. At the end of the day, a kill is a kill regardless of who got it. People who claim that you keep stealing their kills are either COD/Halo/Shooter-Based fanboy/girl, or someone who is trying to compensate for something. That, or they are making a joke (which is what I do when I am playing with friends).
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Gamertag: TsuToNami
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I will claim killing stealing with friends in party chats, but honestly I don't care. The win is the most important thing in this game.

That being said most don't like doing 90 percent on working on a kill only for it to be finished by someone else who has just been waiting in the back to get a kill.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Anyone that gets upset because of a kill being stolen, in any game mode, is part of one of the biggest problems with console smite players. That problem in a nutshell, is that the majority of players on console, only care about the KD, and not the objective.

I cant tell you how many times Ive played ranked conquest, and not just my team but the other team as well, have played it like it was arena. Im talking about running around in the jungle trying to team fight, before even the 10min mark. They would completely leave whatever lane there in and want to team fight and or chase down the low health players. Im not saying this is always the wrong thing to do, but in many of the cases that Im referring to, it defiantly was not. Oh and defiantly dont be one that wasnt at the team fight, or got there late or whatever, or get ready for vgs spam and pinging on you. Same goes for being the guy who let the low health enemy slip away, or the guy that let your overly aggressive team mate die, (at least in there eyes, there death was your fault). VGS spam and pinging incoming!!!! Also usually followed by a surrender vote, even when objectively your team is winning......

Overall at least on xbox, it has gotten better, but still miles away from where it should be. Hopefully eventually that majority will become the minority, and console player will learn to play smarter not harder.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    It's not a good thing, but it happens. You can't stop it and generally you want to make sure that player dies. So it's expected to happen. Part of the game. However, those are accidentally kill steals. A legit steal kill is when someone waits for you to do all the work before coming in to finish them off.

I had this one game where this Ah Puch literally stayed back and did nothing. That is, until someone almost kills a guy. Then he walks up and kills them before his teammate finishes them off. He didn't join the fights. He just waited until the enemy was low enough so he could claim the kills.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Yvolcarn's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    At the end of the day, a kill is a kill regardless of who got it.
    This a thousand times over. The ONLY time I have a problem with a KS is when I've been going 1v1 with an enemy, and the ally was nearby but didn't bother to help, then they swoop in and take the kill. But that is more of a problem with them not helping than KSing, really.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't seem intentional. If I'm battling someone and my health is getting low that's a situation where the kill is fair game. If I'm having a 1 on 1 and a fight's going totally in my favor without the enemy having any means to escape and you swoop in at the last minute, fine if it happens once, but if it occurs any more then yeah I'll suspect you of just being a dick.
    Last edited by ChaoticP; 07-07-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    "Know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a 100 battles." -Sun Tzu

Member Follower
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Arena isn't a real game mode who cares.

There are only two situations you shouldn't kill steal:

1. Whenever possible let Xbal confirm the kill.

2. A support final hitting a Kuba who is sleeping when the carry could have the kill.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KILL STEALING IN SMITE! PERIOD, but i do get angry when someone snipes a Penta but live with it.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Goal is make dead. If player dead, game good.

Seriously, kill stealing is not a thing in this game. As far as I'm concerned it's not a thing in games where people actual care about KDR. If someone cares about kill stealing they can suck it.